Sabatini’s Suite Breakfast vs MDR Reserve Collection Breakfast

Hi! We’re longtime Celebrity cruisers who are looking forward to our first Princess sailing aboard the Ruby to the Panama Canal this February. We’re in a full suite and noticed that there is a suite breakfast option in Sabatini’s as well as in the reserve section of the MDR. Are there any differences in terms of the menu or inclusions?

Also, any suggestions as to which days to book 2 nights of specialty dining on the 10 night voyage to maximize the best MDR menus would be much appreciated. Thanks so much!

Reserve is for suite and Club Class for breakfast and lunch but suites also get an exclusive breakfast in Sabatini's (or sometimes crown grill) - the menu is different and more made to order upgraded in Sabatini's. I would imagine no suites would go to reserve (the old club class dining) - we never have.

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, law chick said:

Hi! We’re longtime Celebrity cruisers who are looking forward to our first Princess sailing aboard the Ruby to the Panama Canal this February. We’re in a full suite and noticed that there is a suite breakfast option in Sabatini’s as well as in the reserve section of the MDR. Are there any differences in terms of the menu or inclusions?

Also, any suggestions as to which days to book 2 nights of specialty dining on the 10 night voyage to maximize the best MDR menus would be much appreciated. Thanks so much!

Suite breakfast, hands down.

Includes mimosas, specialty coffees, individual service, much quieter and more personal setting, fresh made to order everything, they'll bend over backwards to get whatever you want that may not be in the menu. IE - like the pistachio croissants, they'll have them waiting for you. Like pain au chocolate - they'll have a plate waiting every morning.   

Reserve class breakfast is the same breakfast as the standard MDR, just in the "special" Reserve section of the MDR with different linens, flowers and menu cover.  (Reserve dining isn't a separate venue, it's part of the MDR with different linens, flower and menu covers - same menu, with an extra dish or two at dinner).

Suite breakfast, hands down ... 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, deise17311 said:

Reserve is for suite and Club Class for breakfast and lunch but suites also get an exclusive breakfast in Sabatini's (or sometimes crown grill) - the menu is different and more made to order upgraded in Sabatini's. I would imagine no suites would go to reserve (the old club class dining) - we never have.

Thanks, this was exactly the info I was hoping for. 

10 minutes ago, reedprincess said:

Suite breakfast, hands down.

Includes mimosas, specialty coffees, individual service, much quieter and more personal setting, fresh made to order everything, they'll bend over backwards to get whatever you want that may not be in the menu. IE - like the pistachio croissants, they'll have them waiting for you. Like pain au chocolate - they'll have a plate waiting every morning.   

Reserve class breakfast is the same breakfast as the standard MDR, just in the "special" Reserve section of the MDR with different linens, flowers and menu cover.  (Reserve dining isn't a separate venue, it's part of the MDR with different linens, flower and menu covers - same menu, with an extra dish or two at dinner).

Suite breakfast, hands down ... 

Sounds fantastic, will definitely choose the suite breakfast option. Is it really even a vacation if you don’t drink mimosas for breakfast? If they serve eggs benedict too, I’ll be on cloud 9. 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

This was a Suite breakfast menu from a few years back to give you an idea, don't believe it has changed much

image.thumb.png.4fce30606b57642db6cf3275ae2b616b.png

image.thumb.png.f0fe76cd247e292e3b5cd014cfbea421.png

Edited by dides
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, law chick said:

Sounds fantastic, will definitely choose the suite breakfast option. Is it really even a vacation if you don’t drink mimosas for breakfast? If they serve eggs benedict too, I’ll be on cloud 9. 

Oh lordy, the eggs Benedict is divine. Pain au chocolate to start, eggs Benedict and Side of crispy bacon, 2 mimosas and a mocha to finish, perfection! 

There's also a Florentine Benedict or an eggs over potatoes hash Benedict, delightful!

You could probably get the hollandaise over whatever type of eggs you want! Denver omelet smothered in hollandaise - check! 

Enjoy. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, dides said:

This was a Suite breakfast menu from a few years back to give you an idea, don't believe it has changed much

image.thumb.png.4fce30606b57642db6cf3275ae2b616b.png

image.thumb.png.f0fe76cd247e292e3b5cd014cfbea421.png

This is exactly the sort of content I come to CC for. Thank you for posting 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, reedprincess said:

Oh lordy, the eggs Benedict is divine. Pain au chocolate to start, eggs Benedict and Side of crispy bacon, 2 mimosas and a mocha to finish, perfection! 

There's also a Florentine Benedict or an eggs over potatoes hash Benedict, delightful!

You could probably get the hollandaise over whatever type of eggs you want! Denver omelet smothered in hollandaise - check! 

Enjoy. 

Sounds like we would be friends irl. 

You are not limited to what's on the menu.  You may "request" almost anything, within reason (no lobster).  

When breakfast steak is offered in the MDR, I request it for suite breakfast.  Haven't asked for crab/avocado omelette in a long time.

Friend pre-ordered some Texas style breakfast...

• Like 2

Sabatini's 100%. Service is first class, personal, quiet. They come around with a tray of little danishes with your coffee which are just absolutely wonderful. 

Just off a 10 day not too long ago. Never set foot in the MDR/Reserve Class for breakfast. Going to miss it next time -- no suite on that one.

• Like 2

We sail often in suites on Princess

If we have the Princess Plus plan then we don't need to go to Sabatinis for mimosas b or specialty coffee

If we like our serving staff in the Reserve section then we just stick with them for breakfast

We keep the same table and staff so they get to know us quite well

I do prefer the French toast in Sabatinis but I never v think of non menu stuff to order so I don't go there e v ery morning 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, riffatsea said:

We sail often in suites on Princess

If we have the Princess Plus plan then we don't need to go to Sabatinis for mimosas b or specialty coffee

If we like our serving staff in the Reserve section then we just stick with them for breakfast

We keep the same table and staff so they get to know us quite well

I do prefer the French toast in Sabatinis but I never v think of non menu stuff to order so I don't go there e v ery morning 

The benefit of mimosas in Suite breakfast is that they're not charged against your 15 alcoholic beverages a day. 

And if one doesn't have a beverage or cruise package, it's more of a bonus as you're not paying by the glass - same for specialty coffees... 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
12 hours ago, riffatsea said:

I have never ever had 15 drinks I n one day!!!

yes you have, just not all of em' were alcoholic 😉

Edited by c-boy
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

10 hours ago, cr8tiv1 said:

Some ships have suite breakfast on disembarkation day.  Caribbean P did/Grand did not.

The last time we had a full suite we still had the option of full room service breakfast on disembarkation day.  We ordered omelets and other expanded menu items.  That seemed like a nice compromise to us.  Every other day we enjoyed the mimosa breakfast at Sabatini's!

• Like 1

We have tried Sabatini's and see no advantage over Reserve. Don't care a thing about mimosas. Want something off the menu? No problem. Our wait staff gets to know us right away and if I ask for James Beard french toast, it is there for the asking. Same table, same staff, terrific breakfast.

• Like 1

Guest Snaxmuppet

We see the Sabatini's breakfast as one of the real benefits of having a suite. OK, not enough on its own to justify one but a great perk nonetheless.

People are very much entitled to their own opinion and that is perfectly fine by me but I really do not see how anyone might prefer the MDR breakfast over the Sabatini's one.

Just shows... it takes all sorts 🙂 

3 minutes ago, Snaxmuppet said:

I really do not see how anyone might prefer the MDR breakfast over the Sabatini's one.

100% agree. There is no comparison. Sounds snobby, but Sabatini's really is a breakfast experience. Nice, quiet, private, tucked out of the way. No din of the large dining room. No mucking about with crowds and wading through the Piazza in the morning. Aft and up to deck 16 -- the opposite direction most of the ship is going. Wake view, personalized service. Did I mention the tray of danishes they bring around?

C'mon, it's a no brainer. No doubt MDR/RC is fine. Sabatini's is objectively better.

Guest Snaxmuppet
1 hour ago, Outerdog said:

100% agree. There is no comparison. Sounds snobby, but Sabatini's really is a breakfast experience. Nice, quiet, private, tucked out of the way. No din of the large dining room. No mucking about with crowds and wading through the Piazza in the morning. Aft and up to deck 16 -- the opposite direction most of the ship is going. Wake view, personalized service. Did I mention the tray of danishes they bring around?

C'mon, it's a no brainer. No doubt MDR/RC is fine. Sabatini's is objectively better.

I agree with the essence of what you say but it is worth mentioning that Sabatini's is in different locations depending on the ship... for example, on Sky it is on deck 5 opposite guest services.

A small point but worth mentioning in case some people were a bit confused 🙂