Do not sail list

1 hour ago, Destiny0315 said:

The red flag for me in this thread is the OP who joined CC on Tuesday at 11am and posted for 10 hours while stirring the pot then disappeared and hasn't been heard from since!

a) youd disappear too if rveryone piled on with victim blaming.

b) The first day I 'officially' joined (I had lurked for a while),  I spent a lot of time going through threads and responding. The time one dpends posting has no bearing on legitimacy

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, realaud said:

a) youd disappear too if rveryone piled on with victim blaming.

b) The first day I 'officially' joined (I had lurked for a while),  I spent a lot of time going through threads and responding. The time one dpends posting has no bearing on legitimacy

It surely does.  How did the OP find this site to register their complaint?  

On 1/16/2024 at 5:15 PM, BIGBANG22 said:

Yes and I understand why they are doing what they are doing. What i don't understand is why i was never notified! This would have been alot easier for to remedy when it 1st happened. I would have never known about this issue had i not booked another cruise! But yes, I undersand why carnival did it... But i was defrauded too! 

Well, most likely, the agent posed as you when requesting his charge back so there was no one to "notify" as far as Carnival is concerned. And if he really never was a legitimate agent registered with Carnival, he most likely just used his own credit card to book you on the consumer site and then did the charge back to steal the money from Carnival.

3 hours ago, 2wheelin said:

I’ve cruised quite a bit and would not have known that all cruise lines accept Amex since quite a few places do not—especially outside the US. There are logical red flags-like “you have to pay for this in full with no refund possibility”, and there are red flags that aren’t as logical. You learn them through a bad experience or from sites such as this.

It would be nice if people would post “that would have been a red flag for ME since I have had X experience, rather than heap blame by stating that should have been a red flag for anyone.

But I assume you do know that all cruise lines do take credit cards. The OP was not asked if he had a different card, but was told to use Vell (whatever that is). Has anyone ever heard of any cruise line taking that form of payment?

On 1/17/2024 at 10:52 AM, Elaine5715 said:

There could be if the OP gave the TA the card to check in and for onboard charges.  

At some point the OP must have given Carnival the info. I don't know that the TA would be involved? I don't remember the exact process used "7 years ago".

• Like 1

He "zelled" the payment from his bank to an agent sometime before final payment was due for a December 2017 cruise which he took. He had contact with the agent in 2018. 

On 1/16/2024 at 5:09 PM, BIGBANG22 said:

I paid for the trip back in 2019.

What was he paying for and to who was he paying $$ to in 2019?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Elaine5715 said:

It surely does.  How did the OP find this site to register their complaint?  

How does one find any site? I found it by googling cruise ship photos because I wanted to see pictures of a ship I was considering beyond the ones the line themselves were showing. Perhaps the OP Googled no sail list.  It really doesn't matter how they found the door, and still doesn't speak to their legitimacy.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Destiny0315 said:

The red flag for me in this thread is the OP who joined CC on Tuesday at 11am and posted for 10 hours while stirring the pot then disappeared and hasn't been heard from since!

Shouldn't be. I am just tired of reading about what the "RED FLAGS" should have been. So many places do not accept amex! That never even crossed my mind as a red flag. Also, he was a referral from my brother (who used him multiple times for heaven sakes!)  and his friend used him too multiple times. There were no red flags for me! Hind sight is 20/20 so i now know that Carnival accepts AMEX. i have only cruised 1 time previously and i paid with visa.... with another travel agent ...! I had no idea... I now know! I have gotten some valuable information from here and i will take that and run with it for my next steps 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Pyxie said:

Well, most likely, the agent posed as you when requesting his charge back so there was no one to "notify" as far as Carnival is concerned. And if he really never was a legitimate agent registered with Carnival, he most likely just used his own credit card to book you on the consumer site and then did the charge back to steal the money from Carnival.

Carnival had ways to contact me... I pre-registered all my information @ check in and i had my card attched when i sailed for cruise charges... They had ways!! 

Edited by BIGBANG22
error
  • Like 3

52 minutes ago, BIGBANG22 said:

Carnival had ways to contact me... I pre-registered all my information @ check in and i had my card attched when i sailed for cruise charges... They had ways!! 

They would have notified the travel agent (allegedly).  At that point Carnival was out $2600+. Why should they spend a dime more chasing a bad debt?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, BIGBANG22 said:

Carnival's policy when someone has booked with a travel agent is to only do communication with the travel agent. It doesn't matter that they had your info, they wouldn't have used it. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, BIGBANG22 said:

Shouldn't be. I am just tired of reading about what the "RED FLAGS" should have been. So many places do not accept amex! That never even crossed my mind as a red flag. Also, he was a referral from my brother (who used him multiple times for heaven sakes!)  and his friend used him too multiple times. There were no red flags for me! Hind sight is 20/20 so i now know that Carnival accepts AMEX. i have only cruised 1 time previously and i paid with visa.... with another travel agent ...! I had no idea... I now know! I have gotten some valuable information from here and i will take that and run with it for my next steps 

Good so you now know. The idea is for people to learn. Do you really think it would have made a difference if the OP had wanted to pay the TA for the cruise with Visa or Master Charge?

On 1/16/2024 at 7:21 PM, BIGBANG22 said:

But i always told you get a better rate with travel agent! So i have never really tried to book anything direct. 

How did you book the current cruise?

6 hours ago, BlerkOne said:

How did you book the current cruise?

I was apart of a group cruise with my extended family. I have a total of three rooms i booked. I gave the travel agent my CC information last year for deposit. This agent works directly for Carnival Groups. 

53 minutes ago, BIGBANG22 said:

I was apart of a group cruise with my extended family. I have a total of three rooms i booked. I gave the travel agent my CC information last year for deposit. This agent works directly for Carnival Groups. 

If it was an actual CCL Planner, I would think they should have seen the "Do Not Sail" flag associated with you prior to getting to the stage of paying for the bookings. 

36 minutes ago, dabomb6608 said:

If it was an actual CCL Planner, I would think they should have seen the "Do Not Sail" flag associated with you prior to getting to the stage of paying for the bookings. 

I don't think the PVPs have free access to that information.  I believe something else triggers the cancellation.  Others who have reported they found out they were on the No Sail list, were able to make a booking, pay deposit and then were cancelled.   

3 minutes ago, Elaine5715 said:

I don't think the PVPs have free access to that information.  I believe something else triggers the cancellation.  Others who have reported they found out they were on the No Sail list, were able to make a booking, pay deposit and then were cancelled.   

Interesting. Seems like an unnecessary way to rack up refund processing fees and customer service hours. I wonder how often situations like that actually happen. I guess not that often if they haven't implemented a way to avoid someone paying deposits or more and then getting it cancelled after the fact.  

1 minute ago, dabomb6608 said:

Interesting. Seems like an unnecessary way to rack up refund processing fees and customer service hours. I wonder how often situations like that actually happen. I guess not that often if they haven't implemented a way to avoid someone paying deposits or more and then getting it cancelled after the fact.  

If they are keeping those deposits to make up some of their earlier loss, they would have no motivation to prevent that scenario from happening. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, ZoeyVictoria said:

If they are keeping those deposits to make up some of their earlier loss, they would have no motivation to prevent that scenario from happening. 

I was speaking more broadly to any situation that would result in someone being on a Do Not Sail list, not just ones that have monetary reasoning. But I definitely get your point in situations like that. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, dabomb6608 said:

More than a few during the shutdown where people (after asking here and being warned) did chargebacks to speed up the refunds.  The kicked out in port people would also be on the No Sail list and no company would want disgruntled employees publishing that information like why was Guest Drunky McPunchy not on the List but Guest Pinchy Butty on the List.    

2 minutes ago, Elaine5715 said:

More than a few during the shutdown where people (after asking here and being warned) did chargebacks to speed up the refunds.  The kicked out in port people would also be on the No Sail list and no company would want disgruntled employees publishing that information like why was Guest Drunky McPunchy not on the List but Guest Pinchy Butty on the List.    

I'm certainly no developer/coder but there should be plenty of avenues available on the back-end to implement a "check" for Sail/No Sail during booking process without CCL Planners being able to have full access to a No Sail list. Could even block out any reasoning for the ban and simply redirect concerns/questions to customer service reps. 

• Like 1

On 1/16/2024 at 6:15 PM, BIGBANG22 said:

Yes and I understand why they are doing what they are doing. What i don't understand is why i was never notified! This would have been alot easier for to remedy when it 1st happened. I would have never known about this issue had i not booked another cruise! But yes, I undersand why carnival did it... But i was defrauded too! 

Carnival probably documented the necessity to pay for the cruise, after reversing charges, directly to the bogus travel agent. Seems he probably put all the information, minus the cruiser names, from his information!

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, dabomb6608 said:

My guess is that most people who are on the Do Not Sail list already know they are on the Do Not Sail list. It's quite possible that Carnival informed the scammy travel agent of that, but of course, they did not pass that information on to the customer. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, staceyglow said:

My guess is that most people who are on the Do Not Sail list already know they are on the Do Not Sail list. It's quite possible that Carnival informed the scammy travel agent of that, but of course, they did not pass that information on to the customer. 

I agree most people would/should know they are on the list. And without a doubt that is what occurred with this situation, the scammer has every reason not to pass that "little" tid-bit along.

• Like 1