Stockperks App

envy4u

Update after 5 days I heard back from Stockperk via email. I had to redeem the perk by giving the booking number, date the cruise starts, my full name and email. Then received another email saying that they will get back to me within 5 days to let me know it was applied. To make a long story short Princess has made this way more complicated and a much longer process. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

My TA got back to me and they won’t let her add proof of my stock holding to my account.  Like a few of the posters who have responded here I am not comfortable giving specific information about my brokerage account to a third party app.  Like most people, I have experienced security breach incidents that have caused me to get new credit cards and to be given free credit monitoring.  The latest incident involves an information breach at my health insurance company.

I will try the SBPL email route that was offered by a previous poster.  If that fails, I will consider dumping the stock.  The perks and the stock performance aren’t that great.  I can chalk it up to a bad investment and put my money elsewhere.

1 hour ago, mevs904 said:

I will try the SBPL email route that was offered by a previous poster.  If that fails, I will consider dumping the stock.  The perks and the stock performance aren’t that great.  I can chalk it up to a bad investment and put my money elsewhere.

It took 3 days to get the credit in my personalizer via the email route. I took a black marker and redacted all but the required information before scanning and emailing a copy of the brokerage statement. 

1 minute ago, cruisegamedev said:

Reading though all the comments, Does that mean I could just buy 100 shares, get a nice statement from my broker send that via the app then sell the 100 shares a day later? Even if my cruise is months out? 

Currently, I believe you can only get the credit through cruises beginning through the end of June.  

• Like 1

Just now, Cruise Raider said:

Currently, I believe you can only get the credit through cruises beginning through the end of June.  

ok but for a June cruise I could. 

Seems like a decent offer but don't fancy holding the stock long term in my portfolio. 

9 minutes ago, cruisegamedev said:

ok but for a June cruise I could. 

Seems like a decent offer but don't fancy holding the stock long term in my portfolio. 

They’ve been known to renew it every year on July 1st.  I applied it to my cruises in late April but wasn’t able to go beyond that.  Time will tell what the future holds 

OK .. I just tried to submit this for a cruise I have booked for August and it didn’t make me verify I still had the stock but it did say I would have to wait until May to submit my request via the Stockperks app.  it is currently good applicable for sailings through July 31st .. so strike the June comment I mentioned above.  
I have no reason to sell my stock as 1) I bought it at a much higher price and 2) I intend to use it for however long they offer this benefit and I’m still able to cruise.  

Edited by Cruise Raider
  • Like 3

I was working my way through the app, but I must say I am not comfortable giving so much information about my brokerage account.  So, my plan is to open a new brokerage account holding only 100 shares of CCL.   Does anyone have a good experience importing the data into Stockperks from any of the major brokerage? Vanguard? fidelity? Robin Hood etc?  Thanks guys.

How I received my SOBC with minimal personal info release.

• In the Stockperks app, create an account by providing only your Name and Email address. My profile is still at 10% completion, but that is enough information to proceed. 
  • For validation without providing brokerage account info, choose the Fidelity or Alinea option. This will allow you to upload a redacted shareholder statement for validation. Do Not select the Plaid option, which prompts for more info than necessary.
  • After shareholder validation is completed (within a few days), go back to the app and "Redeem" the perk. OBC was in my account within a couple of days. Note: A recent glitch caused the Redeem button to be greyed out, but Stockperks resolved that issue a few days ago.

Refer to the StockPerks YT video.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/30/2024 at 5:28 PM, CruizerBill said:

• In the Stockperks app, create an account by providing only your Name and Email address. My profile is still at 10% completion, but that is enough information to proceed. 
  • For validation without providing brokerage account info, choose the Fidelity or Alinea option. This will allow you to upload a redacted shareholder statement for validation. Do Not select the Plaid option, which prompts for more info than necessary.
  • After shareholder validation is completed (within a few days), go back to the app and "Redeem" the perk. OBC was in my account within a couple of days. Note: A recent glitch caused the Redeem button to be greyed out, but Stockperks resolved that issue a few days ago.

I, too, followed the process above. While I received an email saying I would receive a response within 2 days after submitting the requested information, it was 5 days before I received the confirmation and was able to redeem the perk. Still waiting for confirmation that the OBC has been applied to my booking.

My first thought about the new process has been that, as is often the case, customer service and convenience are not enhanced by adding a middleman.

On 1/30/2024 at 5:28 PM, CruizerBill said:

Thanks for the detailed info.  Question:  Do you add your booking info in the app when you are able to select "Redeem"?

On 2/20/2024 at 8:28 AM, dreams_of_travel said:

Thanks for the detailed info.  Question:  Do you add your booking info in the app when you are able to select "Redeem"?

Yes. When the "Redeem perk" button is available, selecting it will provide a page to enter booking info.

sp1.jpg

sp2.jpg

• Thanks 1

• 2 months later...

I created a new account in the app to submit the shareholder information for an upcoming Princess Cruise.  After signing up and verifying through my brokerage and Plaid (which I've used successfully in the past) I was unable to get the perk request button to change from grey.  I logged out of the app and logged back in and was finally able to request the credit.  Just wanted to make a note of that workaround here, in case anyone else runs into the same issue.  

You can currently submit any requests for cruises through the end of 2024.  I just submitted our Enchanted cruise in August and our Sun cruise in October.  Any cruises embarking in 2025 will be able to be submitted starting on November 1, 2024.

• Thanks 1

I’ve done 2 cruises through Stock Perks app and it’s been quick and seamless.

Now is a pretty good buy in time for CCL stock.  Trading near $14.  If you cruise on Princess often you could recover the basis in like 6 cruises… then it’s gravy.  It’s been up around $18 in the last year so has some upward potential.

On 5/7/2024 at 1:18 AM, Retired-N-Happy said:

You can currently submit any requests for cruises through the end of 2024.  I just submitted our Enchanted cruise in August and our Sun cruise in October.  Any cruises embarking in 2025 will be able to be submitted starting on November 1, 2024.

Thanks for the heads up on the November date, it's now in my calendar. I just submitted a request for a trip this October and the OBC is in my account in less than 48 hours. Interestingly, when I selected "Redeem Perk" on the app, it only asked for the trip details and immediately submitted the request and did not ask for a recent brokerage statement. The statement they ended using was from my last request many months ago.

I applied yesterday at 5 PM. It took 5 minutes as they already had my info.

At 4 AM Stockperks emailed to say that the OBC had been credited to my onboard account and it was. Fantastic.

• Like 1