Getting in room early - Platinum

Is Carnival still allowing Platinum members to go to their rooms early to drop off luggage and hang out there? It's been since 2020 since we have sailed on Carnival.

Edited by Kudos2Fly

You can drop off luggage but not stay in your room.

The only place this is documented is in the email that platinums and diamonds receive a few days before embarkation. It is not on Carnival's website anymore. So I fully expect it to go away before too much longer.

Edited by mz-s
  • Like 6

You can drop off for the most part (we have not had any issue with dropping our carry on items very early) but they say cabins not available to stay until 1:30. That being said, on our cruise on MG last month we had intended to drop off and go eat but our key cards were ready and in mailbox, cabin done and door locked.  We grabbed the cards and left to eat anyway, just dont count on staying but can be possible cabin is ready.  

• Like 4

Per the email I received before my last cruise on Carnival. Note that nowhere does it mention you can stay if your room key is in the slot or anything like that. It says drop off luggage and leave.

Once on board, you will be able to drop off your bags in your stateroom, but we ask that you not linger in the hallways or your stateroom.  Our team will still be working hard to get the ship ready for your sailing, so once you drop off your bags, please return to the public areas of the ship.  

• Like 2

It's still 'drop and go' for Plats/Dias/FTTFs/Suites ONLY. I literally read my email for an upcoming cruise yesterday. No change whatsoever in the policy since the restart post Covid.

• Like 4

Thanks for the info. At least we know we can't stay like we have in the past. That was a perk I liked. I could relax from the crowds getting on board, but at least we can drop our stuff off. 

thesmiths, from my experience we for the most have our stuff arrive early but once or twice that did not happen. So it is a mix bag....

On our last cruise we went to our cabin just to drop off our bags (we had FTTF) and didn't expect to stay. When we got there around 1130 the door was closed and there were no keys in the mailbox. As we were leaving our steward suddenly showed up, opened the door for us and told us he was finished with the room, then said we could stay but the keys wouldn't be there until around 1230. We went to eat and came back to find the keys waiting just like he said. If he hadn't have told us we could stay we wouldn't have and I won't plan on it for next time.

• Like 7

5 hours ago, Drazil65 said:

You can drop off for the most part (we have not had any issue with dropping our carry on items very early) but they say cabins not available to stay until 1:30. That being said, on our cruise on MG last month we had intended to drop off and go eat but our key cards were ready and in mailbox, cabin done and door locked.  We grabbed the cards and left to eat anyway, just dont count on staying but can be possible cabin is ready.  

This was our experience Sept on Venezia. We dropped our bags, grabbed our keys and left to go eat. 

• Like 1

23 hours ago, mz-s said:

The only place this is documented is in the email that platinums and diamonds receive a few days before embarkation. It is not on Carnival's website anymore. So I fully expect it to go away before too much longer.

It's also a FTTF benefit, and the FAQs for FTTF state that P&D don't need to buy FTTF because they already receive all the FTTF benefits as P&D.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, AllgoodOnTheRoad said:

Our boarding pass on the Jubilee last week had typed, "All cabins will be available at 1:30, this includes Diamond and Platinum guests." So dropping off luggage, but not staying. 

They all say that now, getting your room ready early has not been guaranteed since before the COVID restart. The watering down of the VIFP program is well underway. 

• Like 1

Same as all said before.  We have dropped off and left to go eat.  We have had our keys there and not there before.  And our luggage arriving "early" has been hit or miss.  But on that day, it usually doesn't matter because I am so happy to be on a cruise ship that I just love walking around and getting my first drink of the day.  😃🍹

20 hours ago, tradewinds traveler said:

Delivery of checked on bass is weird. Sometimes mine arrived but not my husband's or his arrive & not mine. Sometimes is doesn't arrive until 5. We are platinum.

I can never understand this.  My husband and I drop our bags off together, they go in the same cart together, and yet his are always delivered hours before mine. Go figure.

• Like 2

On 1/23/2024 at 4:43 PM, Kudos2Fly said:

Is Carnival still allowing Platinum members to go to their rooms early to drop off luggage and hang out there? It's been since 2020 since we have sailed on Carnival.

Yes they can’t offer that perk anymore since they got rid of a lot of the cabin attendants.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/23/2024 at 3:49 PM, Drazil65 said:

Got off a B2B on the Jubilee yesterday.  This is exactly what we encountered.

• Like 2

On 1/25/2024 at 5:15 PM, Jeafl said:

I can never understand this.  My husband and I drop our bags off together, they go in the same cart together, and yet his are always delivered hours before mine. Go figure.

Which one of you hands the tip to the porter?  lol

• Like 2
  • Haha 3