Diamond drink coupon's ?

9 hours ago, crookedhalo said:

Well it's been a while since I've been on Royal without a drink package. Trying to decide if the coupons would allow me to skip the package (and save a lot of money). I tend to like expensive martini type drinks at night. I haven't gotten around to pulling drink menus yet (yes I know we just go off of Vision, but had the package so didn't pay attention to prices).

I will never buy one again but you have to do the math for you. I get the coffee card which is shareable to cover the specialty coffees. I'm fine with tap water so fill up my water bottle for hydration. I get five for being D+, which might be a fru-fru drink after lunch, a late afternoon cocktail, wine with dinner, and an evening cocktail or two. If you want beer, those are cheaper and you can just pay for those and save your vouchers for your martinis. I find if I'm in port I drink a lot less and I don't use all my vouchers. 

Ballpark math, I think you need to buy more than five+ additional drinks per day, every day, to make it worth while. Could be more than that on sailings with higher priced packages.

• 1 month later...

Quick update, Called Crown & Anchor and linked wife's account to mine. We just completed a 5 night on Independence and used all coupons. The last morning in the Breakfast Buffet we had 2 Bloodys and 2 Mimosa and when we left we each got 2 beers unopened to go. Thank You for all the advice !!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, Crusin71 said:

The last morning in the Breakfast Buffet we had 2 Bloodys and 2 Mimosa and when we left we each got 2 beers unopened to go.

Just an FYI going forward... being able to use vouchers on disembarkation morning can vary from ship to ship and sailing to sailing. Some are able to, others aren't.

Edited by OCSC Mike
  • Like 2

On 1/30/2024 at 10:47 AM, cruiseguy1016 said:

The vouchers can be used to purchase any alcoholic drink with a value up to $14. If you want a drink that costs more than $14, you can use a voucher for the first $14 and then pay the difference of your more expensive drink plus 18% added to the extra cost. Most alcoholic drinks on RCI ships now cost, or are very near to, $14. So, a "regular" martini will cost $14 and you can use a voucher to purchase it. If you want a more expensive martini, you'll have to pay anything above the $14 voucher value.

Can  we use the voucher to buy a bottle of wine and of course pay the difference? TIA 

Posted (edited)
On 3/4/2024 at 8:29 AM, OCSC Mike said:

Just an FYI going forward... being able to use vouchers on disembarkation morning can vary from ship to ship and sailing to sailing. Some are able to, others aren't.

The last few cruises I've been on they have been available each day.  I do remember some posts back a while ago indicating that it was inconsistent but haven't read that at all in quite a while.  Have you seen any recent reports where someone was denied on debarkation day?

I'm hoping this has been standardized across the fleet. 🙂 

Edited by Tree_skier
  • Like 1

29 minutes ago, SEA DOGY said:

Can  we use the voucher to buy a bottle of wine and of course pay the difference? TIA 

I believe that one voucher gets you 40% off a bottle under $100 and 20% off a bottle over $100.

I'm not 100% sure though.  I'm sure some else will chime in and confirm.

On 1/27/2024 at 10:30 PM, shofer said:

Hubby and I took our first Diamond cruise 1/29/22. We both received 4 drinks/each on our cards.  We never used them all.  Hubby always called me a cheap date because I am mostly 1-2 drinks.  Never had wine on this last cruise together on Symphony.  

Took a Canada/New England trip in October,2023 and my friend did not share in the voucher perk.

FYI for others who may not know. Vouchers are also good for bottled water, specialty coffees, smoothies from the spa, fresh squeezed OJ in the morning, canned soda and beer from the bar and adult milkshakes from JR.  Voucher drinks are also sharable with non diamond members. 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Tree_skier said:

The last few cruises I've been on they have been available each day.  I do remember some posts back a while ago indicating that it was inconsistent but haven't read that at all in quite a while.  Have you seen any recent reports where someone was denied on debarkation day?

I'm hoping this has been standardized across the fleet. 🙂 

No, I was going by old reports. Haven’t seen it discussed in a while so thanks for your update.

Personally, the only time I’ve ever bothered to try to use them was on my one & only B2B in 2022 (no issues there). I hope you’re right about the standardization though.

18 minutes ago, OCSC Mike said:

No, I was going by old reports. Haven’t seen it discussed in a while so thanks for your update.

Personally, the only time I’ve ever bothered to try to use them was on my one & only B2B in 2022 (no issues there). I hope you’re right about the standardization though.

I don't usually use mine either but DW usually does...  She'll go and get a Latte to have with breakfast before we leave the ship.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Tree_skier said:

I believe that one voucher gets you 40% off a bottle under $100 and 20% off a bottle over $100.

I'm not 100% sure though.  I'm sure some else will chime in and confirm.

6_Each day of the cruise, Diamond members receive four (4) complimentary drink vouchers, Diamond Plus members receive five (5) complimentary drink vouchers, and Pinnacle Club members receive six (6) complimentary vouchers up to $14 in value ($13 on Singapore sailings and $15 on Australia sailings). These vouchers can be used at any time and at any bar onboard or onshore at our private destinations. Drink vouchers may also be used toward a discount off the purchase of any bottle of wine — 20% off bottles over $100 and 40% off bottles under $100. Every time a drink voucher is redeemed, a zero-dollar ($0) receipt will be provided and must be signed. Youth members will receive the same daily allotment of complimentary vouchers as their parents of the same tier and may be used toward the purchase of non-alcoholic beverages (including mocktails). All drink vouchers reset daily at 5:00am and are redeemable until 4:59am the next day. Excludes Starbucks, Bionic Bar, and Desserted Milkshake Bar.

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Tazzybear14 said:

Wait...What? I am finally Diamond status and I thought the 4 drinks were per person per cruise...are they per person per day?  That would be fabuouloso!

Yes !  Per person, per day.

1 minute ago, RFerrington said:

Yes !  Per person, per day.

Ok ….So I have 4 vouchers  value $56  can I buy a $100 bottle of wine and pay the difference $44 ? I’m just wondering if this is allowed. Thank you

46 minutes ago, Another_Critic said:

6_Each day of the cruise, Diamond members receive four (4) complimentary drink vouchers, Diamond Plus members receive five (5) complimentary drink vouchers, and Pinnacle Club members receive six (6) complimentary vouchers up to $14 in value ($13 on Singapore sailings and $15 on Australia sailings). These vouchers can be used at any time and at any bar onboard or onshore at our private destinations. Drink vouchers may also be used toward a discount off the purchase of any bottle of wine — 20% off bottles over $100 and 40% off bottles under $100. Every time a drink voucher is redeemed, a zero-dollar ($0) receipt will be provided and must be signed. Youth members will receive the same daily allotment of complimentary vouchers as their parents of the same tier and may be used toward the purchase of non-alcoholic beverages (including mocktails). All drink vouchers reset daily at 5:00am and are redeemable until 4:59am the next day. Excludes Starbucks, Bionic Bar, and Desserted Milkshake Bar.

Just an FYI, I have been on over 30 RCI cruises post COVID and I can count on one hand how many times I have had to sign a receipt for a D+ drink. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, SEA DOGY said:

Ok ….So I have 4 vouchers  value $56  can I buy a $100 bottle of wine and pay the difference $44 ? I’m just wondering if this is allowed. Thank you

No, although it’s a good thought you have. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SEA DOGY said:

No, but as stated in post 31 and 35 you can get a 40% discount (on bottles up to $100) by using ONE voucher 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, sgmn said:

No, but as stated in post 31 and 35 you can get a 40% discount (on bottles up to $100) by using ONE voucher 

Got it.   Thank you 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Hi,

If you use a voucher then I believe you can get 40% off a bottle of wine up to $100.00. However, if you and your partner are both Diamond then you can get 8 glasses of wine for free which would be more than a bottle load..

I suppose it depends if you have your eye on a specific brand of wine that's not available by the glass, then getting it for 40% less is a good way to go, and a good perk.

Don't forget, though, you can share your diamond drinks with family and friends who are not diamond or above, so if you intend to buy a bottle of wine to share with 6 or 8 of you at your table during a meal, then using your vouchers for 6 or 8 glasses of wine (or any drink to the value of $14) as some of your party, if sharing, may not like wine. You can also use them for fresh orange or speciality coffee for anyone in your party who does not like, or cannot have alcohol, if that's your intention.

It would be nice though, if you could save up a load of vouchers daily and then several days into your cruise get a free bottle of Dom Perignon, but we can dream. But...

In the past, on a few occasions I have won some cheap bottle of wine in a quiz on board and had them opened in the MDR (for free by getting the DL concierge to make sure the MDR staff knew not to charge corkage), only for the said staff to spill the contents of the bottle everywhere upon opening them and then come back with a replacement bottle which was Moet & Chandon or similar. I can't seem to remember if I violently shook the bottle on the way to dinner or not.

Sadly, not seen too many ways of getting a free bottle of wine at a quiz these days, but you do still get one if you partake in the Love & Marriage game show, even if you don't win!

Those were the days!

Mick.

Edited by Mick B

2 hours ago, not-enough-cruising said:

No, you can get 4 bottles per day at a discount if you choose to. 

In this case I’m ok with this deal I don’t know how it works for bottles over $100 using the 1 voucher  thanks 

55 minutes ago, Mick B said:

Hi,

If you use a voucher then I believe you can get 40% off a bottle of wine up to $100.00. However, if you and your partner are both Diamond then you can get 8 glasses of wine for free which would be more than a bottle load..

I suppose it depends if you have your eye on a specific brand of wine that's not available by the glass, then getting it for 40% less is a good way to go, and a good perk.

Don't forget, though, you can share your diamond drinks with family and friends who are not diamond or above, so if you intend to buy a bottle of wine to share with 6 or 8 of you at your table during a meal, then using your vouchers for 6 or 8 glasses of wine (or any drink to the value of $14) as some of your party, if sharing, may not like wine. You can also use them for fresh orange or speciality coffee for anyone in your party who does not like, or cannot have alcohol, if that's your intention.

It would be nice though, if you could save up a load of vouchers daily and then several days into your cruise get a free bottle of Dom Perignon, but we can dream. But...

In the past, on a few occasions I have won some cheap bottle of wine in a quiz on board and had them opened in the MDR (for free by getting the DL concierge to make sure the MDR staff knew not to charge corkage), only for the said staff to spill the contents of the bottle everywhere upon opening them and then come back with a replacement bottle which was Moet & Chandon or similar. I can't seem to remember if I violently shook the bottle on the way to dinner or not.

Sadly, not seen too many ways of getting a free bottle of wine at a quiz these days, but you do still get one if you partake in the Love & Marriage game show, even if you don't win!

Those were the days!

Mick.

Speaking about wines thus anyone have a wine list with prices ? TIA 

12 minutes ago, SEA DOGY said:

In this case I’m ok with this deal I don’t know how it works for bottles over $100 using the 1 voucher  thanks 

As stated multiple times.

1 voucher = 40% off bottles under $100

1 voucher = 20% off bottles $100+

Why is this so hard to understand????

• Haha 1