2/11/24 LIVE Super Bowl Sunday Cruise from Manhattan to Anitgua, Dominica, Grenada, St. Lucia, St. Maarten...

This is the fourth marijuana email I received re: this cruise in the past ten days.  I think I received two before, but never four.  I'm not sure if the emails are identical because they are loooong and I stopped reading and just browsed to see if anything was different the last three emails (I don't think so).  What are they rounding up the usual suspects without evidence?  I thought the days of "I don't know, your honor, it must have been second-hand smoke." were over.

image.png.de4771c8e427b34eb6ddf3688b35a21a.png

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, IntrepidFromDC said:

This is the fourth marijuana email I received re: this cruise in the past ten days.  I think I received two before, but never four.  I'm not sure if the emails are identical because they are loooong and I stopped reading and just browsed to see if anything was different the last three emails (I don't think so).  What are they rounding up the usual suspects without evidence?  I thought the days of "I don't know, your honor, it must have been second-hand smoke." were over.

I smelled something "skunky" down the hall from us last cruise.  Then it went away.  I'm amazed the drug doggies didn't sniff it out.

• Like 4

On 2/6/2024 at 2:20 PM, IntrepidFromDC said:

On our recently completed Magic cruise (debarked Sunday) before we boarded we had to go to a wall, put our backs against it, place our carry-ons/pocketbooks on the floor about a foot in front of us, and a drug dog went down the line of bags sniffing each one.  I actually thought it was pretty cool.

11 minutes ago, pe4all said:

On our recently completed Magic cruise (debarked Sunday) before we boarded we had to go to a wall, put our backs against it, place our carry-ons/pocketbooks on the floor about a foot in front of us, and a drug dog went down the line of bags sniffing each one.  I actually thought it was pretty cool.

We went through the same inspection on our last cruise. That’s one of the reasons why I was curious that the “skunky” passengers weren’t sniffed out.🤷🏻‍♀️

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Walked out of Penn Station and I immediately got that wonderful feeling I get every time I visit NYC. Walked across 8th Avenue to taxis waiting and the taxi fare from 33rd and 8th to 48th and 12, where Venezia is docked, was $14. My daughter dropped me off at Union Station to avoid the expensive parking there, but I will take the subway home after the cruise and Manhattan. 

20240211_120647.jpg

• Like 3

Boarding was painfully slow because they only had 2 dogs to sniff everyone's carry-on luggage and we had to stand back and wait for the inspection,  which was done in groups of about 60 people at a time.  I think this was my 4th sailing out of Manhattan and the port shows its age.

20240211_122541.jpg

20240211_122841.jpg

• Like 6

My cabin... I'm on deck 9 near midship elevator so it's a short walk up one deck to Tomodorro and all the Lido deck grub. Shower doors are nicer than Mardi Gras and bathroom is much bigger.  I think Venezias bathroom is best of any Carnival ship I've sailed. 

20240211_132035.jpg

20240211_131940.jpg

20240211_132015.jpg

20240211_131621.jpg

• Like 5

51 minutes ago, IntrepidFromDC said:

Here's tonight's MDR menu.  I will probably do MDR tonight and tomorrow,  then Teppanyaki and other venues beginning Wednesday. 

Screenshot_20240211-164016_Carnival HUB.jpg

Screenshot_20240211-164025_Carnival HUB.jpg

Screenshot_20240211-164035_Carnival HUB.jpg

Screenshot_20240211-164052_Carnival HUB.jpg

Screenshot_20240211-164114_Carnival HUB.jpg

I highly recommend the roast duck rolls, crawfish strudel and BBQ salmon!

• Thanks 1

Teatro Rosso, the main theater, will be showing the Super Bowl tonight as well as the big screen on Lido and other places. All the way forward,  this pic was taken from deck 5, the balcony seats of the theater. 

20240211_170015.jpg

• Like 4