Live from the Koningsdam 1-30-24 RT Hawaii

misguy

1 hour ago, hobo1937 said:

What was the name of the trail you were on, and who did you use for transportation from the ship to the park and back?

Imo the best way to get to the Volcano National Park is yo rent a car , The drive is about 45 minutes each way . On the way back look to the right & there is a huge Japanese Orchid Farm .They have just about every orchid known to man . Then in town just off the road is Raoinbow Falls for photos .hope this works for you .

Ps you may look into Turo renting cars cheaper from individuals  with the insurance .Like a rent of ARBB 

10 hours ago, hobo1937 said:

What was the name of the trail you were on, and who did you use for transportation from the ship to the park and back?

We got a tour from one of the operators out in front of the terminal.  They took us to Volcanoes National Park and to Rainbow Falls.  We took part of the Crater Rim Trail, and then went back to the Visitors Center on the Sulfur Banks Trail.

• Like 2

In Ensenada, we took the TIlapia Wine Tour, we visited two wineries and one we got a good tour, we tasted wine in both, and got a free small bottle of wine for each of us, and then we bought a couple of bottles to take.  The tour was only partly accessible since it require about 3 steps to get into the bus.

One thing that I am puzzled by, if you are watching an on demand movie, at about 10 they stop playing, and I am not the only seeing this.  This is really frustrating if you half way through the movie.

7 minutes ago, misguy said:

One thing that I am puzzled by, if you are watching an on demand movie, at about 10 they stop playing, and I am not the only seeing this.  This is really frustrating if you half way through the movie.

That would be annoying. Did you submit a comment about it via the Navigator or directly to GS? Wondering what their reason is.

1 hour ago, misguy said:

Clearly something isn't right about stopping movies at 10pm!  I know HAL has a reputation for rolling up the sidewalks early but turning off the movies is crazy! 🙄

Seriously, though, they need to fix the movies as it can't really be intentional!!

I'm also curious to hear what the ship said about this!!

~Nancy

• Like 1

9 hours ago, misguy said:

Happened repeatedly on Zuiderdam a few months ago.  A call, (no need to visit - they can reset remotely), fixed the problem until it happened again.  Frustrating.

3 hours ago, Woofbite said:

Happened repeatedly on Zuiderdam a few months ago.  A call, (no need to visit - they can reset remotely), fixed the problem until it happened again.  Frustrating.

For us it was every night, I should have called but didn't.

We are at SAN now, debarkation wasn't bad.  They opened Deck 2 first, and then Deck A.  For those with mobility devices or luggage, use deck A because if you go off on deck 2 then you have to wait for an elevator to get down to the ground level.

• Like 2

On 2/17/2024 at 1:32 PM, misguy said:

Here is an enrichment program about the origin of the Hawaiian Islands and their state of flux.

We loved your entire blog on this Hawaii cruise .We are booked for Jan 2025

Cliff

4 hours ago, mcrcruiser said:

We loved your entire blog on this Hawaii cruise .We are booked for Jan 2025

Cliff

I am glad you are enjoying it.  We have a lot more to come.

• Like 1

On 2/9/2024 at 5:12 PM, Hogladyrider said:

We tour a lot of breweries in our travels and this is up there in the top 2

Did you book online? I’ve done this pre-COVID and there was I recall a $5 charge. Did you walk there? I heard they have a slightly different location but still walkable (uphill) from the ship. Great pics. Thanks!

Edited by kluv2cruz

2 minutes ago, kluv2cruz said:

Did you book online? I’ve done this pre-COVID and there was a recall a $5 charge. Did you walk there? I heard they have a slightly different location but still walkable (uphill) from the ship. Great pics. Thanks!

Yes I booked direct online $25 pp.  About a mile uphill walk from pier.  We opted for Uber both ways, bad knees!  Brand new brewery you are driven in one of their transport vans.

PXL_20240209_202922846.jpg

PXL_20240209_202645007.MP.jpg

PXL_20240209_195646865.jpg

PXL_20240209_202907797.jpg

PXL_20240209_204507818.jpg

• Thanks 2

• 2 weeks later...

I have a question about what to pack

we will be on the Kiningsdam January 4-25, 2025. Do you mainly take layers?

jeans for days and dress slacks for evening?  Long sleeve shirts?

just trying to have an idea on type of clothing 

any information will be appreciated 

I enjoyed your daily trip reports

7 minutes ago, TexasHikers said:

I have a question about what to pack

we will be on the Kiningsdam January 4-25, 2025. Do you mainly take layers?

jeans for days and dress slacks for evening?  Long sleeve shirts?

just trying to have an idea on type of clothing 

any information will be appreciated 

I enjoyed your daily trip reports

I only took one pair of jeans and only wore them the first day in San Diego and once on board the ship.  The first two days out of San Diego can be chilly outside.  Same for the way back with the last two days.  In Hawaii I wore capris and shorts with sandals.  It wasn't hot, hot, nor was it chilly in Hawaii except at mountain summits.  

• Like 1

20 hours ago, dfish said:

I only took one pair of jeans and only wore them the first day in San Diego and once on board the ship.  The first two days out of San Diego can be chilly outside.  Same for the way back with the last two days.  In Hawaii I wore capris and shorts with sandals.  It wasn't hot, hot, nor was it chilly in Hawaii except at mountain summits.  

I was also on this sailing and I agree 100%.   My body needs 70 so I brought a lightweight coverup that I wore mostly on the ship.  First few days were windy.  Temps at ports  were perfect!