Live from the Koningsdam 1-30-24 RT Hawaii

misguy

3 minutes ago, cbr663 said:

I thought I had taken a pic of inside but sadly when I checked just the outside.  It's filled with Chantilly cream which is sweetened whipped cream with vanilla.  Whipped cream on the inside, chocolate on the outside.  I was expecting it to be quite sweet and was happy that it wasn't.

OK…we make cream puffs filled with custard so I may not like the whipped cream type filling. Thank you for the info. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, cbr663 said:

I thought I had taken a pic of inside but sadly when I checked just the outside.  It's filled with Chantilly cream which is sweetened whipped cream with vanilla.  Whipped cream on the inside, chocolate on the outside.  I was expecting it to be quite sweet and was happy that it wasn't.

My DW  may like that pastry .Me I keep some room for my ice cream fix 

aloha

Cliff

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, canadianbear said:

OK…we make cream puffs filled with custard so I may not like the whipped cream type filling. Thank you for the info. 

Bossche Ball from GDC. I also expected custard (think Boston Cream Pie shaped like a softball) even though it clearly said Chantilly Cream. But unfortunately they were good and went into the rotation.😉🙄

20240203_173941.jpg.dbd9a404daedf89608566b9766dcb988.jpg

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Haljo1935 said:

Bossche Ball from GDC. I also expected custard (think Boston Cream Pie shaped like a softball) even though it clearly said Chantilly Cream. But unfortunately they were good and went into the rotation.😉🙄

20240203_173941.jpg.dbd9a404daedf89608566b9766dcb988.jpg

Well I just might have to try one for “research” and compare to the cream puffs we make 😂😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, canadianbear said:

Well I just might have to try one for “research” and compare to the cream puffs we make 😂😂

Scientific research demands sacrifices!

Remember that a good experimentalist runs multiple tests to insure meaningful results...

• Like 2
  • Haha 5

On 1/31/2024 at 8:36 AM, BermudaBound2014 said:

@misguywhat time did you arrive at the pier? I’m a low priority gal and thinking of just waiting until after 1 to arrive. 

Just sharing our experience (we are on this cruise).  Our assigned time was 10:40, but then we got an email from HAL saying that the ship’s departure would be delayed to 5 pm, and we could arrive “at our leisure, anytime between 12:00 and 3:30 pm.”  That was the first time in 4 cruises that I’ve ever seen an open-ended time like that.  

The Uber ride from our hotel was quicker than we anticipated, so we were there around 11:30.  There was a gaggle of people outside but our luggage was taken immediately, and we got in a fairly fast-moving line.  We were inside the building within five minutes.  There was indeed a long snaking line but it moved continuously.  Everyone, both the officials and those sailing, was very polite, and we were happily on board in about a half hour.  I had read horror stories about the San Diego port, but we found the embarking process to be pretty painless.  

Just make sure you have your passport!  A couple in line near us left them in their suitcases.  I’m not sure what happened when they got to security - i hope they were able to board without too much hassle.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

9 hours ago, Hogladyrider said:

@Haljo1935..thought you'd be interested...we have a Yorkie service dog on this cruise...he is wheeled around in a stroller!

The stroller dog (and owner) were in the Dutch Cafe at lunch today. The pup was doing some yipping. 

IMG_6576.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

16 hours ago, Haljo1935 said:

@misguy this is the menu from K'dam Dec 21 - Jan 6. We also had more than one- this was the 1st one.

20240203_020342.thumb.jpg.18e32edd5a1d40381c311ff5555e4aaa.jpg

Our selections

@Haljo1935 Thanks for posting this again.  It sure is a huge improvement from the Mariner Luncheon menu on my last cruise in fall of 2022!!  HUGE improvement!!   I'll plan on going to it for the first time in many years on my May cruise.

Can @misguy or one of the other current cruisers please post the menu if you attend?

Thanks,

~Nancy

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, AryMay said:

The stroller dog (and owner) were in the Dutch Cafe at lunch today. The pup was doing some yipping. 

IMG_6576.jpeg

I prefer only true service dogs would come on board.

Edited by Haljo1935
Typo
  • Like 16
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Hogladyrider said:

@canadianbear...NOT filled with custard..that is my all time favorite but this is just outstanding IMO.

PXL_20240204_004824493.jpg

Well I will just have to take one for the team of course and try it!  I’m sure I can manage that on our upcoming 35 day cruise!  Thanks for the photo.  

• Like 3

4 hours ago, FlorenceItaly said:

It seems the Koningsdam has learned nothing from December/January!

I’m guessing paperwork and approval was done long before the issues on that cruise.  I did see the fake service dog sitting in the doll stroller with the proud mama today. 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, dfish said:

I’m guessing paperwork and approval was done long before the issues on that cruise.  I did see the fake service dog sitting in the doll stroller with the proud mama today. 

This past Dec/Jan there was a woman who carried what looked like a rag doll, except the day she was behind me at NY Deli I realized it was a 100 year old dog. (In dog years...) I asked her how she was able to get the dog on board and she told me it was no problem,  they had been sailing together for years. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Seasick Sailor said:

This past Dec/Jan there was a woman who carried what looked like a rag doll, except the day she was behind me at NY Deli I realized it was a 100 year old dog. (In dog years...) I asked her how she was able to get the dog on board and she told me it was no problem,  they had been sailing together for years. 

The fake service dog thing really infuriates me!  If it was barking for no reason, then it clearly isn't a trained service dog.

If I had one on my cruise, I would be strongly objecting to it with the Hotel Director!  

~Nancy

• Like 15

28 minutes ago, oakridger said:

The fake service dog thing really infuriates me!  If it was barking for no reason, then it clearly isn't a trained service dog.

If I had one on my cruise, I would be strongly objecting to it with the Hotel Director!  

~Nancy

Hey Nancy - did you see the discussion on my Live from K'dam Dec 21 - Jan 6? 

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, Haljo1935 said:

Hey Nancy - did you see the discussion on my Live from K'dam Dec 21 - Jan 6? 

I sure did!  I'm so happy that you and others reported the dogs and their disruption....with picture evidence to boot!  Didn't someone else on CC post that they witnessed one of the dogs pooping on the floor of the elevator lobby?

What's dismaying is that after all your efforts and the promise from the ship's staff to take care of it that they appear to have again let another fake service dog onboard!   😡

~Nancy

• Like 2

1 minute ago, oakridger said:

I sure did!  I'm so happy that you and others reported the dogs and their disruption....with picture evidence to boot!  Didn't someone else on CC post that they witnessed one of the dogs pooping on the floor of the elevator lobby?

What's dismaying is that after all your efforts and the promise from the ship's staff to take care of it that they appear to have again let another fake service dog onboard!   😡

~Nancy

Yes, unfortunately, someone did say they saw the pooping.

• Thanks 1