Live from the Koningsdam 1-30-24 RT Hawaii

misguy

6 minutes ago, Hogladyrider said:

@Haljo1935..thought you'd be interested...we have a Yorkie service dog on this cruise...he is wheeled around in a stroller!

Maybe that ship is recommended in the community 🤔 it sure seems to be popular.

I hope all goes well 🙏 

For any that are taking this cruise in the future, both the Coffee Talks with Kristen and Main Stage presentations are well worth your time.  Videos coming from both of this mornings.

• Like 3

18 hours ago, dfish said:

Seas are much calmer today.  My room steward said he’s been working the ships for 9 years and never got sick from the seas until last night.  

We had a great lunch in the Pinnacle Grill and then went to watercolor class .  Here’s my jellyfish.  

IMG_3077.jpeg

1 minute ago, mcrcruiser said:
18 hours ago, dfish said:

Seas are much calmer today.  My room steward said he’s been working the ships for 9 years and never got sick from the seas until last night.  

We had a great lunch in the Pinnacle Grill and then went to watercolor class .  Here’s my jellyfish.  

IMG_3077.jpeg

Debbie that is a really good water color f a jelly fish  . 

Aloha

Cliff

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Hogladyrider said:

@Haljo1935..thought you'd be interested...we have a Yorkie service dog on this cruise...he is wheeled around in a stroller!

Susan  We have seen service dogs every so often on  different ships in the past .It is good that the carriers allow them 

Aloha

Ciff

45 minutes ago, Sharon in AZ said:

I’m at the Crows Nest now and sitting at the bar. This is on the top of the counter. 

0905AC5C-9B46-45FB-A8A4-4F345E7EF165.thumb.jpeg.00f67404b4e5c60840adfd9be6d41659.jpeg

It’s the first thing I’ve seen mention of anything Mardi Gras. 

Interesting just that the Koningsdam does not do the New Orleans to Caribbean routes .Then it just looks like advertising . Neat Mask though 

• Like 1

For any that are taking this cruise in the future, both the Coffee Talks with Kristen and Main Stage presentations are well worth your time.  Videos coming from both of this mornings.

• Like 3

31 minutes ago, misguy said:

Do they show them on the tv later?  

24 minutes ago, Hogladyrider said:

Seven deadly sins on a plate but absolutely DELICIOUS!

PXL_20240203_201012773.MP.jpg

Can I see inside it!!!  I keep seeing photos of it but not what filling is inside 😂😂  I’ve got to try one soon….

I will try to get an interior pic but it won't be pretty I destroyed it enjoying 3/4 first sitting.  Put rest in refrig for later...inside is like a whipped cream but not real sweet perfect flavor 

Won't be back in my room until after 5 pm so stay tuned.

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, canadianbear said:

Can I see inside it!!!  I keep seeing photos of it but not what filling is inside 😂😂  I’ve got to try one soon….

Looks like it 8s filled with a pastry =or ice cream filling . what is it filled with Susan ? 

The 17 species of Pacifi Ocean whales .That is  very interesting . Binnoculars & good eyes can catch those giants  looking from the ship or  on a whale tour . In Hawaii the boats must keep 100 yards from the whales but in Mexico they can get as close as 50 yards  .However , Mexico they use 12 or 14 passenger boats  for their whale tours .Even with life vests on that is too close imo & the boats are too small . 

Aloha

Cliff

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Hogladyrider said:

I will try to get an interior pic but it won't be pretty I destroyed it enjoying 3/4 first sitting.  Put rest in refrig for later...inside is like a whipped cream but not real sweet perfect flavor 

Susan it takes 20 years on the ship to become a pastry chef .Enjoy it to the last morsel 

Cliff

• Like 1

On 1/31/2024 at 8:13 AM, misguy said:

Ocean view room, not balcony

High are you sensing more posts about the cruise .We  would like your slant on the daily activities aboard .  We take handicap balcony cabins as I use a red scooter ,4 wheels  & my wife uses a rollator walker . I am riding a stationary recumban bike here daily & I use weight adjustable 25 lb set of dumbells to try & not use the scooter .If I can huild my self up I can walk enough distance around the ship .then we coud book a regular balcony cabin ;which would have gotten on this cruise . so trying hard . 

Aloha

Cliff

• Like 4

12 minutes ago, Hogladyrider said:

If not we will be on the ship soon so I can try one long as you don’t indulge too much!  Lol. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, canadianbear said:

I thought I had taken a pic of inside but sadly when I checked just the outside.  It's filled with Chantilly cream which is sweetened whipped cream with vanilla.  Whipped cream on the inside, chocolate on the outside.  I was expecting it to be quite sweet and was happy that it wasn't.

• Like 2

Kristen must be a excellent cruise director .  If we were on this cruise we would book a future cruise because the deposit is only $100 pp . & the possibility of extra ion board credit  because you book on the ship 7 if it is a early booking cruise then Matiners get a extra early booking on board credit as well 

Cliff