Live from the Koningsdam 1-30-24 RT Hawaii

misguy

1 hour ago, misguy said:

Here is the video of the walk to the Port

Loved your video.  I'm not sure I could do that walk, seems like a long way with two big suit cases and a back pack.  I think we're going to price the Wyndham.

Rollie

2 hours ago, misguy said:

Here is the video of the walk to the Port

Thank you so much for doing all this. We board on the 17h when it's time for you to leave and all this information you are providing is invaluable to us and we much appreciate the time and effort it takes.

I take my hat off to you for giving up your vacation time to write this. 

Have a wonderful cruise and know that we are hanging on your every word!

Bon Voyage!

Edited by Charlies Aunt
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, rollie said:

Loved your video.  I'm not sure I could do that walk, seems like a long way with two big suit cases and a back pack.  I think we're going to price the Wyndham.

Rollie

I would say it is about 4 long blocks.  The walk took us a while because we stopped and looked and took pictures.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dmcfad2 said:

We are on the cruise after you and the daily events show a masquerade ball. Are they doing that on your cruise and, if so, what is it exactly? 

I haven't seen that but I will see what I can find out.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Attended port talk with Kristen yesterday.  Very informative and interesting in that she does not push HAL excursions.  She offer things to see and do and how to get around the port etc.  for someone who this is our first time to the islands I found it extremely interesting and helpful.

• Like 3

If it is OK I will add some random tidbits…

These are just my personal thoughts and opinions. 

Entertainment

Comedian Lamont Ferguson was excellent and I’m not even a big fan of stand up comedy. My husband has been playing pickleball with him each day. 

Clara Vee and James in Billboard onboard are beyond incredible!!! So much talent and personalities that make for a very fun performance. 

Beatle tribute was just OK. 

Hawaiian crafts

Make sure you arrive early. I am waiting for a bracelet class to begin now.  I arrived 45 minutes early and a long line had already formed. There were 150 kits for the kakui nut lei class on the first day and all were taken. 

Mariner lunch

Yesterday was packed and Captain said they were going to hold 3 lunches to accommodate everyone. Good food! 

• Like 10

Thanks for the video , Glad the Seas settled down & every one is enjoying the entertainment ,food & the ship  . Imo that inside handicap cabin during rough seas was so much better than the higher decks  .food for thought as we need a handicap room as well ,especially Jan & Feb sailings . 

We passs on our wishes for smooth sailing from here on in  

Wish we were with you all 

Aloha

Marianne & Cliff

We just came back from Mariner's lunch the Captain said that there were over 2,000 mariners on board.  The seas are much calmer today, but that won't last.  Tomorrow will be about the same as the last two days.  We shot some video tours today of the empty restaurants, and they will get posted.  I am trying really hard to get caught up.  

• Like 6

koningsdam is a great ship  . One not to miss is the pea soup & other Dutch foods at the Dutch Cafe included  id your fare ,Deck 3 mid ships opposite customer Relations Desk  .  They do sell alcohol drinks as well 

• Like 4

35 minutes ago, misguy said:

We just came back from Mariner's lunch the Captain said that there were over 2,000 mariners on board.  The seas are much calmer today, but that won't last.  Tomorrow will be about the same as the last two days.  We shot some video tours today of the empty restaurants, and they will get posted.  I am trying really hard to get caught up.  

Following your cruise report .Thanks for positing it . Would expect a lot of Mariners on Hawaii cruises & Trans Atlantic cruises . 2000 is about 2/3 of the pas on  your cruise . Did they have anything special for the Mariner luncheon or just order from the menu ?

Aloha & Mahalo 

Cliff

24 minutes ago, mcrcruiser said:

Following your cruise report .Thanks for positing it . Would expect a lot of Mariners on Hawaii cruises & Trans Atlantic cruises . 2000 is about 2/3 of the pas on  your cruise . Did they have anything special for the Mariner luncheon or just order from the menu ?

Aloha & Mahalo 

Cliff

It was a special menu.  I will post it when I get caught up this far.

Seas are much calmer today.  My room steward said he’s been working the ships for 9 years and never got sick from the seas until last night.  

We had a great lunch in the Pinnacle Grill and then went to watercolor class .  Here’s my jellyfish.  

IMG_3077.jpeg

• Like 17
  • Thanks 3

9 hours ago, mcrcruiser said:

... Did they have anything special for the Mariner luncheon or just order from the menu ?

Aloha & Mahalo 

Cliff

@misguy this is the menu from K'dam Dec 21 - Jan 6. We also had more than one- this was the 1st one.

20240203_020342.thumb.jpg.18e32edd5a1d40381c311ff5555e4aaa.jpg

Our selections

20240203_020407.thumb.jpg.c92218b482a44c92ed9917b5187059b2.jpg

20240203_020421.thumb.jpg.fac19ce70cff2f0b0bd2020bb3775cad.jpg

20240203_020438.thumb.jpg.de5aaddec35ee048b1ec2c4fcd87c60b.jpg

20240203_020509.thumb.jpg.f74a2c95256f22b3310bc7ee7e5fb771.jpg

20240203_020450.thumb.jpg.4731eb80d75ce27a40e835eb3b8430c0.jpg

20240203_020459.thumb.jpg.b5a9ff83800e7612e556e9afc4522b5c.jpg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

10 hours ago, mcrcruiser said:

koningsdam is a great ship  . One not to miss is the pea soup & other Dutch foods at the Dutch Cafe included  id your fare ,Deck 3 mid ships opposite customer Relations Desk  .  They do sell alcohol drinks as well 

Grand Dutch Cafe is my happy place! I don't eat pea soup, but I agree theirs is fabulous. 

20240203_020249.thumb.jpg.29d7a9f41a140a4dd53324e00f8c353f.jpg

20240203_020303.thumb.jpg.dd6bce87428885dbe8629506066f29fa.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, dmcfad2 said:

We are on the cruise after you and the daily events show a masquerade ball. Are they doing that on your cruise and, if so, what is it exactly? 

I do not recall having one Dec 21 - Jan 6. Is your cruise around Mardi Gras?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1