What NEW small changes would you like to see?

A better tiered drink package. Other cruise lines have them, and it just makes sense.

A mid-tier as described above makes sense, which doesn't need to include alcohol. But at least something a little more exciting than their boring soda and juice options for Bottomless Bubbles. 

Or, at least bring in a couple fountain machines! Cans are just not it.

• Like 7

8 hours ago, Old Fart Cruisers said:

Stop blocking all of the walkways and stairways with photographer's backdrops, light stands, risers, ladders, Etc.  Just let the people who want professional photos on board get them taken in the studio or one of the other venues that isn't being used at that time.   All of that equipment and backdrops could easily be set up in the theater, comedy club, dance club, or any other venue that is available at the time.   

5 hours ago, thunderingherd11 said:

Not going to happen.  It makes money.  I can walk around them if it keeps the cruise price from rising faster than they already are.  

I wasn't talking about eliminating the photographers, just not have them set up where they block all the traffic.  They could still have plenty of advertising signage and banners, and even have the 'Carnival Barkers' there hawking their services

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, bg2310 said:

A mid-tier as described above makes sense, which doesn't need to include alcohol. But at least something a little more exciting than their boring soda and juice options for Bottomless Bubbles. 

People have requested this before.  John Heald says the beards have looked at the numbers and the economics just don't work to price such a package at a price where people would actually buy it.

Other cruiselines have such a package though.  If you read between the lines, you can see that Carnival's markup on alcoholic drinks is enormous.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, DallasGuy75219 said:

People have requested this before.  John Heald says the beards have looked at the numbers and the economics just don't work to price such a package at a price where people would actually buy it.

Other cruiselines have such a package though.  If you read between the lines, you can see that Carnival's markup on alcoholic drinks is enormous.

They need to make their money somewhere. And it's not on what I am paying for my cabin. 

No one is forcing you to buy drinks. 

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, staceyglow said:

They need to make their money somewhere. And it's not on what I am paying for my cabin. 

I didn't say I wanted the package. Just responding to the people who want a package that includes all non-alcoholic drinks.

6 hours ago, heath7767 said:

I'd appreciate wristband keys like we get at resorts instead of the regular key on a lanyard! I especially appreciate it when we travel with our kids because they don't lose the wristbands.

Just buy wristbands and attach.

54 minutes ago, DallasGuy75219 said:

If you look at the other cruise line drink packages, you can see the big difference in pricing so if one person buy the booze one and someone buys the not booze one, costs more than CHEERS for two.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, dolphinsfan246 said:

To have the boarding passes available on the hub app. One less thing to print and bring with you. To be honest the hub app could easily have a multitude of more features. 

14 hours ago, nydney1 said:

Could you add the key to the app on your phone like many of the hotels are doing now?

Yes! This would be great. For hotels, it's been 10 years at least since I have been to a hotel lobby for anything and I travel frequently and stay in hotels several times a month. There's absolutely no reason to visit a hotel lobby for anything. I park and go straight to my room. It'd be nice if you could essentially do that on a cruise as well. Plus the whole printing out a boarding pass is a little antiquated. When we travel I don't print anything. There's no need to print anything. Even with other cruise lines, I don't print anything. Except, with Carnival. You have to print boarding passes with Carnival which is an antiquated system. You don't print anything with hotels, you don't print anything with airlines, there's no need to print them with cruises either. Get with the times Carnival! /endrant. 

• Like 3

Open the pools earlier.  They stay open until midnight and are hardly busy the last few hours.  Mornings don't open until 8 and I would like to go in before breakfast before the Lido gets crazy.  Same with the hot tubs, it doesn't take 8 hours to clean them.

Roll out gelato to all ships, currently on Vista class at lunch.

• Like 5

8 hours ago, teknoge3k said:

You don't print anything with hotels, you don't print anything with airlines, there's no need to print them with cruises either. Get with the times Carnival! /endrant. 

I print everything. I don't care if their systems are down.

• Like 6

9 hours ago, nycruise1 said:

Open the pools earlier.  They stay open until midnight and are hardly busy the last few hours.  Mornings don't open until 8 and I would like to go in before breakfast before the Lido gets crazy.  Same with the hot tubs, it doesn't take 8 hours to clean them.

Roll out gelato to all ships, currently on Vista class at lunch.

My DW would absolutely LOVE the pools being open earlier! 

On 2/3/2024 at 7:26 PM, DallasGuy75219 said:

I would love this.  I recently got an Amex credit card offer for $300 back on $1000 booking with Holland America.  I decided to go for it.

I always get Bottomless Bubbles on Carnival.  On Holland America, you can choose between $8.00 per day for the Coca Cola package or $17.95 per day for the Quench package which covers up to 15 non-alcoholic drinks per day including mocktails and specialty coffees.

The price seems quite reasonable and I wish Carnival would offer something similar.

• Like 6

14 hours ago, Paula B said:

i would like to buy coffee cards like Princess cruise line. you get so many  coffees and they just punch your card.

Don't expect that anytime soon. Princess got rid of them a few years ago.

• Like 1

I would love to be able to schedule my morning coffee order in the app. I liked the door-hanger breakfast menus from before because I could get it scheduled and go to bed without having to talk to someone. I know it is silly, but I would much rather use the app than have to make a phone call to order. Instead of morning cabin coffee, I get up and go to the Lido where I can get coffee and not have to talk with anyone. I tip on room service deliveries, I would love to tip for morning coffee. ❤️

• Like 3

On 2/3/2024 at 5:14 PM, mmtska said:

A mid-range non-alcoholic package. I don't drink a lot of alcohol, but I do like mocktails and my husband likes the nicer coffees. I'd absolutely buy into that. 

Also, the ability to open up my door with the app or something like that. I love that when I stay at certain hotels. 

John Heald swears that package would be more expensive than Cheers, but I have absolutely no idea how a non-alcoholic package would cost more than alcohol.. I mean a mocktail minus the alcohol has all the same ingredients except.. the alcohol.

• Like 3

I wish you could add Cheers at the time of booking and roll it into the payments you make like you can with things like prepaid gratuities. While I understand the cost in the end would be the same, I'd have a much easier time paying it if I didn't have to pay it all at once and would be much more likely to buy it (the only time I ever had it was when it was free).

(Queue the people saying save up, put the amount on gift cards, etc.. But it would probably work in their favor to sell more Cheers. Disney World does this, for example, with their dining plan and it makes it more likely for people to buy it.)

• Like 7

On 2/3/2024 at 6:32 PM, staceyglow said:

And no once is forcing you to agree. Didn't realize only certain ideas for change were welcome here.

And here I thought the title meant any small changes we wanted to see!

Silly me. :classic_smile:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

55 minutes ago, Pyxie said:

John Heald swears that package would be more expensive than Cheers, but I have absolutely no idea how a non-alcoholic package would cost more than alcohol.. I mean a mocktail minus the alcohol has all the same ingredients except.. the alcohol.

It's called gaslighting.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Pyxie said:

I wish you could add Cheers at the time of booking and roll it into the payments you make like you can with things like prepaid gratuities. While I understand the cost in the end would be the same, I'd have a much easier time paying it if I didn't have to pay it all at once and would be much more likely to buy it (the only time I ever had it was when it was free).

THIS!

1 hour ago, Pyxie said:

(Queue the people saying save up, put the amount on gift cards, etc.. But it would probably work in their favor to sell more Cheers. Disney World does this, for example, with their dining plan and it makes it more likely for people to buy it.)

The more check-boxes they add to the booking process, the more people will simply not book a cruise. That's why they recently changed the booking engine to automatically select guarantee staterooms. Fewer clicks, easier checkout process, fewer "abandoned carts".

I know every time I do a mock booking I get a call from my PVP later that day or the next asking if I need help.

While I think it would be great to allow folks to roll in Cheers etc to their cruise payments, I see why they don't.

• Like 1