Toddlers in Pool or Splash Pad

Splash pads that are safe for kids in diapers have better filtration systems.   

Different cruise lines offer different amenities for kids.  Parents of young children may need to  temporarily choose a cruise line based upon their family’s needs. 

all Disney and some rc ships have splash pads for kids in diapers.  

cunard and carnival accept children in free drop off care at the age of 2.  Princess lets children under 3 attend the kids club if a parent stays to supervise. 

all Disney and some rc ships have fee based nurseries for kids under 3.  Availability is not guaranteed.  

Edited by kitkat343

1 hour ago, BirdTravels said:

Per prior post, kids with diapers are not allowed in the kid's splash area or family pool 

Taken out of context, why not quote the entire post instead of picking and choosing and causing confusion

2 minutes ago, zqvol said:

Taken out of context, why not quote the entire post instead of picking and choosing and causing confusion

I don't think that the rest of the post adds any amplifying information. The leading sentence was incorrect in response to this thread. 

• Like 3

I can't edit my original comment since too much time has passed so let me rephrase here:

All of the previous posters who noted that children with diapers cannot use the splash pads on NCL are correct.  If using a splash pad is something that is important for your family, please note that all Disney and some RC ships have installed  a stronger water filtration system that makes it safe for children in diapers to use the splash pads on certain ships.

Edited by kitkat343

1 hour ago, BirdTravels said:

I don't think that the rest of the post adds any amplifying information. The leading sentence was incorrect in response to this thread. 

No, its not.  Note the bolding I inserted below:

"Splash pads that are safe for kids in diapers have better filtration systems."  

The poster is correct that splash pads "safe for kids in diapers" have better filtration systems (and better sterilization systems), and was explaining why NCL does not have them.  Did that sentence say that NCL had "splash pads safe for kids in diapers"?  Nope.  

The next sentence, which you decided added no "amplifying information", actually tells which cruise lines DO have "splash pads that are safe for kids in diapers":

"all Disney and some rc ships have splash pads for kids in diapers."

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...

It would be easy to wonder if a parent is telling the truth that yes, their two-ish child is toilet trained so can use the pool.  Put him into the wade pool and say yes, he is toilet trained if questioned.  You dont think some wont do this?  Obviously cant with a baby.  And even older children pee in the pool so it would be very likely a toilet trained toddler would. Even more so because you can stress the important of not doing so with an older child.  I wouldnt want to be in the toddler pool

8 hours ago, yakcruiser said:

Also some adults.

true lol.    To be honest, the sight of those hot tubs with 6 people in them gives me the willies.  I guess a public pool could be the same for the squeamish

12 hours ago, Smitheroo said:

I wouldnt want to be in the toddler pool

I really don't want my kids going into the toddler pool because so many parents ignore the rules either.  On my last NCL cruise, there were lots of kids too young to be in the splash pad, including actual babies, one of whom fell over and started choking on the water he inhaled.  What makes it hard is that if you have a potty trained child who wants to go in the splash pad, you either have to tell your kid no and deal with your child melting down or allow them to be exposed to a health hazard or ask some worker making very little money to have a potentially uncomfortable confrontation with parents who are unlikely to react well to being asked to get their kids out of the splash zone.  As a parent who skipped vacations until my kids were potty trained and old enough to go in the kids club, it really sucks.   

So one thing people don’t realize is there are infants who are potty trained. My niece has only had a handful of dirty diapers  since she was a few weeks old. Finding clothes that fit was not easy because everything was meant for diapers. She also has a pool at home and will ask for someone to take her to the washroom while she’s swimming because she has to go pee.

5 hours ago, kitkat343 said:

I really don't want my kids going into the toddler pool because so many parents ignore the rules either.  On my last NCL cruise, there were lots of kids too young to be in the splash pad, including actual babies, one of whom fell over and started choking on the water he inhaled.  What makes it hard is that if you have a potty trained child who wants to go in the splash pad, you either have to tell your kid no and deal with your child melting down or allow them to be exposed to a health hazard or ask some worker making very little money to have a potentially uncomfortable confrontation with parents who are unlikely to react well to being asked to get their kids out of the splash zone.  As a parent who skipped vacations until my kids were potty trained and old enough to go in the kids club, it really sucks.   

I agree with you

I wish they would have hot tubs for the young children. My last cruise was on the Joy in May of 2023. I am 60 something male, and a big part of my cruise experience is spending time in the hot tubs. A few times I would be in the hot tub, and about 5 little girls jumped in the hot tub, splashing, diving, coming up way to close to me. The parents thought it was fine. There is a big hot tub for adults only in Spice H20, but it is undercover. My wife enjoys the sun, so we had to be separated. I think having a hot tub for children, and their family would be a good idea. Some NCL ships designate hot tubs for adults only, with one for families. Kids love the warm water, but do not understand it is not for swimming, splashing diving underwater.

On 2/23/2024 at 1:24 PM, SoloAlaska said:

So one thing people don’t realize is there are infants who are potty trained. My niece has only had a handful of dirty diapers  since she was a few weeks old. Finding clothes that fit was not easy because everything was meant for diapers. She also has a pool at home and will ask for someone to take her to the washroom while she’s swimming because she has to go pee.

That is very unusual, what you would call an outlier lol  Most infants in the splash pool wont be potty trained