Lounger Hazard on Sky Princess

louden

Sometime last fall the loungers on the Sky Princess were replaced with a new all metal model.  These new loungers are slightly wider than the old.  The legs of these loungers are completely exterior of the bed are are of 1" rectangular metal.  The corners are very sharp.  In order to place an equal amount of loungers in a given space the loungers are placed much closer together and the usual small table for each two loungers has been removed.

Moving around these tightly placed loungers is very hazardous.  A slight brush against a corner and you have a skin tear.  In our last three cruised on the Sky my wife has had two tears, one requiring a visit to the onboard hospital, and I have had one.

We brought this problem to the attention of the staff but had no results.  Suggest everyone be very cautious around these loungers.

Lounger Injury.jpg

Lounger.jpg

• Thanks 3

I ran into one of those corners on our recent cruise and received a wicked bruise that lasted for the entire time of our 30 day voyage. I do love how comfortable the new loungers are, but those legs are dangerous, especially when the chairs are so close together. 

16 minutes ago, charliedalrymple said:

Surprising you didn't get any OBC.  Did they at least offer an apology?

My wife received a nice bouquet of flowers.  When we went to the hospital we insisted on an incident report.  We returned to the scene with a Security Officer who completed a report which included photos of my wife's footwear.  No apology as I 'm sure that would imply responsibility.

• Like 1

Would placing a towel over that area and securing it with the clips that people use to save loungers work I wonder?

I'll be on the Sky in a few weeks, I'll try and remember to see if that will work.

Thanks for the heads up!

One of the many 'bad' decisions by Princess....

Very 'institutional' in appearance and vibe as well.

Even the loungers in the Sanctuary on the newer ships look like this.

Just square boxy institutional looking frames.

WOW....

They paid money for these, so no way they are going to change them now.

I expect these will be the same on the new SUN Princess.

Edited by Wishing on a star

The same team that thought it was a great idea to remove the one unique Princess feature, Skywalkers, and replace it with sloped stern soot catcher aft cabins.  Think of all the errors on the Royal!  That not being successful we will drop aft cabins altogether and install two staircases instead on the Sun.  Great use of premium space.

Got off the Sky Feb 3, we spent 14 days on these loungers and didn’t have a problem. Did see all of the old ones stacked on port side. 

Not saying you can’t get hurt, but we didn’t notice any problem.