Drink cap?

Cdude

Princess limits you to 15 alcoholic drinks/day on the package. RCL has no limit, as far as I know. Does NCL have a daily max on drinks when you have the beverage package? 

not looking for judgement just facts, please 🍻

9 minutes ago, Two Wheels Only said:

No numerical limit but the bartender will cut you off if you've obviously had too much. 

If you wake up at 8am and want a drink every 1/2 hour until midnight (or later), go for it. 

LOL I swear one day I resembled that remark.. 😄  (the number, not the obviously too much)   Those long island iced teas sure do go down nice and smooth... And no headache / hangover since they dont have tons of sugars / juices in them....  

1 hour ago, Cdude said:

Princess limits you to 15 alcoholic drinks/day on the package. RCL has no limit, as far as I know. Does NCL have a daily max on drinks when you have the beverage package? 

not looking for judgement just facts, please 🍻

Yes. There is a limit.

You can only order two drinks at a time. But, you can have as many drinks as you want during the day. 😉

• Like 1

no limit on NCL.  Carnival also limits you to 15 per day, and it's the main reason I haven't tried them.  It's funny because they have such a low limit, but I still hear lots of reports of drunken rowdiness.  I guess it was a lot worse when they allowed a free for all 🙂 

while gratefully/thankfully ncl doesnt limit the amount of drinks ordered per day,

if i had 15 drinks per day, i would be afraid to go anywhere the railings or even on my balcony

i think the max i have  ever ordered in 1 day is 9, and that's spread from a glass or 2 of champagne with breakfast, up through a cocktail (chivas) before dinner, and a glass of port with dessert

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, complawyer said:

while gratefully/thankfully ncl doesnt limit the amount of drinks ordered per day,

if i had 15 drinks per day, i would be afraid to go anywhere the railings or even on my balcony

i think the max i have  ever ordered in 1 day is 9, and that's spread from a glass or 2 of champagne with breakfast, up through a cocktail (chivas) before dinner, and a glass of port with dessert

I will very often get more than 15 drinks a day on my package, if only because the bar staff only take one card if you are getting two drinks, and it is invariably my card that I hand over.

Meanwhile, it would look like my wife hardly ever uses her drinks package.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Fogfog said:

If the crew suspects the bev package is being shared based on consumption, they will deny service. See terms/conditions.

i've been told it depends on whether there are spaniards onboard. they are, apparently, known to hatch elaborate plots designed to share their drink packages, so crews are on high alert for this sort of thing.

see the other thread on "sharing drinks on NCL."

• Haha 4

6 hours ago, Fogfog said:

If the crew suspects the bev package is being shared based on consumption, they will deny service. See terms/conditions.

no way this is true.  they can deny you service if they feel like you're too intoxicated, but not because they think you're sharing based solely on how many drinks you've been given.  this is absolutely not in the terms/conditions 

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, dbrown84 said:

no way this is true.  they can deny you service if they feel like you're too intoxicated, but not because they think you're sharing based solely on how many drinks you've been given.  this is absolutely not in the terms/conditions 

check it out

BTW-- its call THEFT

18 hours ago, SoloAlaska said:

Supposedly the system doesn’t allow you past 99. So no limit really but more of a computer programming thing (think Y2K fears). 

Are you sure?. On a week cruise we each average over 100 drinks.

We did a 40 night (one booking number) and we consumed 1210 drinks combined.

Yes we are really thirsty.😁

it's extremely unlikely that an individual  bartender would deny service for drink package sharing.

NCL can in fact do this, however.

but what a bartender would do, if he were motivated or rewarded to do so, or it was part of his job description, is report the suspected sharing to a supervisor.

yes, package sharing is prohibited... i happen to think it's theft, too... but that's an NCL thang, not necessarily a bartender thang.

i seriously doubt a bartender could cut somebody off... there are a bunch of things that would have to happen and a bunch of approvals that would have to be made and decisions that would have to be rendered. and then the card's coding would have to be deactivated... all of that is beyond what a bartender could or should do.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, mscdivina2016 said:

I think they mean 99 in one day

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Fogfog said:

check it out

BTW-- its call THEFT

check what out?  Do you have a link to this?  and I'm now sure what the THEFT comment has to do with anything that I said

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, cruiseny4life said:

Do we really need to have this discussion here too? I thought one thread was enough! I suppose I am wrong.

You could ask the OPs? that each started similar threads

Or ask the MODs to combine the threads

Not certain why my response was quoted as I am neither OP nor MOD

8 minutes ago, UKstages said:

it's extremely unlikely that an individual  bartender would deny service for drink package sharing.

NCL can in fact do this, however.

but what a bartender would do, if he were motivated or rewarded to do so, or it was part of his job description, is report the suspected sharing to a supervisor.

yes, package sharing is prohibited... i happen to think it's theft, too... but that's an NCL thang, not necessarily a bartender thang.

i seriously doubt a bartender could cut somebody off... there are a bunch of things that would have to happen and a bunch of approvals that would have to be made and decisions that would have to be rendered. and then the card's coding would have to be deactivated... all of that is beyond what a bartender could or should do.

to be clear, I was commenting on whether a bartender can cut you off for sharing (they probably could if they actually saw you sharing).  I was saying that they can't deduce you're sharing simply based on consumption.  Not really sure why the theft debate has risen based on any of my comments.  oh well.....

17 minutes ago, mscdivina2016 said:

OH, so about 15 drinks per day each.  At first I thought you were saying 40 drinks a night, which would have been REAL impressive 🙂 

• Haha 1

hey, ukstages, dont  you think that your response to post #14  is a little racist. even if posted in jest. im surprised the cc censors let you get away with it. ive been censored for what i believe was much less. is it possible that UKstages and company also tries to find ways to beat the system?  inquiring minds want to know!