Elite - Laundry?

phabric

4 minutes ago, phabric said:

If 2 Elite staying in same cabin, can each send out a laundry bag?

yes. No need to separate items in the bags or names on the bags. My name is usually on both.

• Like 2

You just fill out the laundry slip and place items into the bag(s). It doesn't matter what items are in what bags. There is no limit on number of items, number of bags each time or in total for the cruise. Allow up to 72 hours for items to be returned.

• Like 2

The only thing we do is separate the "laundry" from the "cleaning" in different bags. Lately even the laundry has improved & they no longer seem to shrink or damage items in the dryer. 

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, MissP22 said:

The only thing we do is separate the "laundry" from the "cleaning" in different bags. Lately even the laundry has improved & they no longer seem to shrink or damage items in the dryer. 

We have noticed this as well. Our laundry has come back in excellent shape!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, karatemom2 said:

We have noticed this as well. Our laundry has come back in excellent shape!

I've been specifying cold wash, cool dry on all my laundry for a while now (different ships) and I can't complain except for the way somethings have been ironed. At least they're clean & can be reused.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, MissP22 said:

I never thought to do that.  I'll have to make sure and do that next time around.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, rj59 said:

You can also ask the front desk for tokens and do your own. If you send out, the charge will appear on your account, but then credited, so don't panic, as I did.

My wife was told "No" when inquiring about free laundry tokens.

2 hours ago, dreaminofcruisin said:

New to Elite.

What is laundry vs cleaning?

Laundry is wash, dry, iron. Cleaning is a sort of dry cleaning, but not with chemicals. Something like the sheets you can use at home, but I don't know exactly what is used on board. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, skynight said:

Laundry is wash, dry, iron. Cleaning is a sort of dry cleaning, but not with chemicals. Something like the sheets you can use at home, but I don't know exactly what is used on board. 

The "cleaning" is some sort of a process that has now replaced the old "dry cleaning" process which used chemicals. I still don't know what the process actually involves but it does work in items that can't be washed.

They use it on the crews uniforms.

Perhaps someone who has taken the tour of the laundry facilities can better explain it.

The other thing you can request is press only. Although we generally pack our nicer clothes like suits or dresses in a garment bag, they still get wrinkled. So, we often will give them to our steward right away after boarding  to go to laundry for pressing only. We usually get them back next day which is super helpful if there is a formal night on one of the first sea days. 

On 2/23/2024 at 5:13 PM, rj59 said:

You can also ask the front desk for tokens and do your own. If you send out, the charge will appear on your account, but then credited, so don't panic, as I did.

Not true on all ships.  Ask at Guest Services.

• Like 3

16 hours ago, karatemom2 said:

The other thing you can request is press only. Although we generally pack our nicer clothes like suits or dresses in a garment bag, they still get wrinkled. So, we often will give them to our steward right away after boarding  to go to laundry for pressing only. We usually get them back next day which is super helpful if there is a formal night on one of the first sea days. 

We did that, never again. Took 3 days and they burned my wifes pants. I'd rather go iron in the laundry room.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Yehootu said:

We did that, never again. Took 3 days and they burned my wifes pants. I'd rather go iron in the laundry room.

I hope you reported it. 

At the very least they should have given you some OBC as compensation. 

1 hour ago, Yehootu said:

Wow! That’s awful. We have always had a good experience but I don’t blame you for not wanting to use the service after that. I hope you were properly compensated!

7 minutes ago, MissP22 said:

I hope you reported it. 

At the very least they should have given you some OBC as compensation. 

Happened first day ( actually 3rd ) of a 26 day cruise and didn't report it. Figure live and learn and if we didn't get anything didn't want to be pissed off. On one of our first cruises on HAL, my wifes dress got burned from the sparklers durning the baked Alaska parade. We didn't even have to ask, we got a claim form for her dress and a bunch of OBC. The "good Ole Days" of customer service.

On 2/23/2024 at 12:06 PM, MissP22 said:

If I might ask, is (dry) cleaning free as well if we are Elite?

Edited by Ken the cruiser

On 2/23/2024 at 12:18 PM, Thrak said:

After having an item lost I take a picture of the laundry spread out on the bed before putting it in the bag.

We also take a photo of the laundry AND the laundry slip.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Ken the cruiser said:

If I might ask, is (dry) cleaning free as well if we are Elite?

If Elite, there both free. We use "cleaning" for lots of items like delicate tops, jackets & sweaters and "laundry" for the rest.

In the last few years I've been specifying cold wash and cool dry for laundry & have had good success. If you don't dry articles at home in you hot dryer, they'll shrink them on the ship unless you specify otherwise.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2