Maleth confirms end of P&O partnership

minsterman

2 minutes ago, Interestedcruisefan said:

Would imagine vast majority of people involved in talking about it weren't  on delayed flights and aren't due any compensation but are on the anti Maleth bandwagon

Based on what I've seen to date

I just like to see Tui and Maleth treated equally etc

I'm flying Maleth next Friday to barbados from Manchester

Will give them an honest comparison compared to Tui last year and Virgin that I've just experienced 

I'm praying  I'm not behind or in front (or next to) a baby 

Or even on the same plane as one 😂

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Interestedcruisefan said:

The sums are set by the authorities. It's not upto maleth or tui to decide how much is it?

As far as I know?

And no doubt Maleth will pay like the rest of them

There's tables on how to calculate what you are owed depending on the length of the flight and the length of delay last time I looked which was only recently 

Just got home from a 12 hr flight from Cape Town 

On a dreamliner with Virgin. Nice food and service. Standard seats.  Reasonably comfortable (as it can be in the circumstances) 

However directly in the seat behind me was a baby who screamed 50 per cent of the flight

And incredibly directly in the seat in front of me was another baby  who screamed 50 per cent of the flight

The 2 babies between them somehow managed to scream at opposite times

So 100 per cent of the flight between them and you could even hear them clearly with headphones on full volume

Absolute nightmare 12 hrs in that respect 

That prepares me pretty much for anything Maleth can throw at me next week I hope!!

We call them 'screamers' so were prepared this time. We also keep clear of the bassinets if a flight has any. 

I used some noise cancelling ear phones on our recent flights (returned Sunday). Combined with ear plugs I couldn't hear a thing let alone screamers. I think Bose do the best quality but mine were £40 over the ear jobs that I've had stuffed away for a while.

PS you won't need earphones for the In flight entertainment on your Maleth as you won't have any😆

(of course you'll take your own)  

Edited by doog442

1 hour ago, dylan and ziggy said:

Having flown with maleth from Manchester in December 2023 to catch our  P+Ocruise , we endured a 12 hour delay , has anyone had flight delay payment yet ? or has anyone had flight delay payment on any Maleth flight ?

There is another thread about this.

1 hour ago, Interestedcruisefan said:

Would imagine vast majority of people involved in talking about it weren't  on delayed flights and aren't due any compensation but are on the anti Maleth bandwagon

Based on what I've seen to date

I just like to see Tui and Maleth treated equally etc

I'm flying Maleth next Friday to barbados from Manchester

Will give them an honest comparison compared to Tui last year and Virgin that I've just experienced 

I'm praying  I'm not behind or in front (or next to) a baby 

From what I have seen it is passengers simply asking if others are having difficulty getting a response from Maleth in regards to their claims and to get advice.

I don't understand why TUI are being brought into this when this is not about comparing airlines etc... I hope you do have a wonderful flight, and am sure you will probably have no problems. 

2 hours ago, Interestedcruisefan said:

We were sat very near the back of the plane

With Virgin you can reserve a seat at the time of booking. I assume the passengers wiyj children had selected their seats in advance and those that hadn't done so were allocated the ones left at the end.

As an aside the lady who you jumped on for her Martin Lewis thread wasn't running a bash Maleth tirade. She actually was posting information on where people could fill out and claim their compensation and asked of anyone had received an acknowledgement from Maleth.  No rant, no bashing of anyone simply asking a legitimate question of others who may have been affected.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CarlaMarie said:

This is in relation to Maelth, not TUI. Passengers are struggling to get any response to their claims from Maleth. As others have said, many passengers are experiencing this and it is appearing in comments across the internet. 

Passengers are allowed to voice problems and ask questions. 

Do the same rules and compensation levels apply to charter flights that apply to scheduled flights, if so I imagine Maleth will be out of pocket by the end of their contract. So they become insolvent, go bust and Maleth 2 take over their assets but not their liabilities!!!!!

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, terrierjohn said:

Do the same rules and compensation levels apply to charter flights that apply to scheduled flights, if so I imagine Maleth will be out of pocket by the end of their contract. So they become insolvent, go bust and Maleth 2 take over their assets but not their liabilities!!!!!

Yes "New world of Maleth" some would say cynical but so true.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, terrierjohn said:

I think this could be a concern of passengers, and probably added to by the fact P&O will end their relationship with Maleth after March this year. You do start to wonder what is causing a delay in processing claims and why they are not responding to passengers.

P&O have directed passengers to get their compensation from Maleth, so the same or similar rules must apply. 

Edited by CarlaMarie
  • Like 1

On 2/6/2024 at 11:18 AM, Interestedcruisefan said:

The sums are set by the authorities. It's not upto maleth or tui to decide how much is it?

As far as I know?

And no doubt Maleth will pay like the rest of them

There's tables on how to calculate what you are owed depending on the length of the flight and the length of delay last time I looked which was only recently 

Just got home from a 12 hr flight from Cape Town 

On a dreamliner with Virgin. Nice food and service. Standard seats.  Reasonably comfortable (as it can be in the circumstances) 

However directly in the seat behind me was a baby who screamed 50 per cent of the flight

And incredibly directly in the seat in front of me was another baby  who screamed 50 per cent of the flight

The 2 babies between them somehow managed to scream at opposite times

So 100 per cent of the flight between them and you could even hear them clearly with headphones on full volume

Absolute nightmare 12 hrs in that respect 

That prepares me pretty much for anything Maleth can throw at me next week I hope!!

A fine example of why I invested in good quality noise cancelling headphones!  All joking aside, I get to fly regularly for work and even just having the headphones on without anything playing through them gets rid of the general aircraft noise to enable me to relax

7 minutes ago, dylan and ziggy said:

belive me , they are not equal

The babies or the planes?

I believe you are one of the people seeking flight compensation from Maleth.  May I ask how that's going and what problems led to your claim?  Thanks.

1 hour ago, Megabear2 said:

The babies or the planes?

I believe you are one of the people seeking flight compensation from Maleth.  May I ask how that's going and what problems led to your claim?  Thanks.

12 hour delay manchester to barbados 1st december  , no responce from maleth , nothing to do with babys on plane , not sure what that is about ? I dont know anyone who has been payed for flight delay from Maleth on any flight , at any time ,  anyone out there had a payment ? respond , lets hear  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, dylan and ziggy said:

12 hour delay manchester to barbados 1st december  , no responce from maleth , nothing to do with babys on plane , not sure what that is about ? I dont know anyone who has been payed for flight delay from Maleth on any flight , at any time ,  anyone out there had a payment ? respond , lets hear  

Sorry, the baby discussion crossed over from your post #1164 and another poster. Thanks for letting us know about your claim.  There are others posting who are asking the same question unfortunately so it's up in the air.

Do please keep us informed, hopefully you may have news soon.

• Like 2

Having spent time looking at reviews and blog sites for Maleth airlines , I cant find anyone who has been payed for a flight delay from maleth , So I have to asume that no one will be getting a flight delay payment from them , My wife and I are owed £1040 for a 12 hour delay that was spent at Manchester airport , Maleith customer services dont reply to emails if and when they do its just to string you along , I asume its till there contract with P+O ends mid March , than the will than fly from the UK with all there liabilities , Trying to payment from Malta would be a waste of time , P+O will be aware of this by the amount of complaints from customers ( including me ) of none payment , yet they are still directing people to The maleth refund site , that is a crime in its self , knowing what they know . I do hope I am wrong in my assessment , only time will tell  /     note Dylan and Ziggy are the names of my boarder collies

• Like 1

Just a further update on our return from Antigua overnight. The flight with Maleth Aero was supposed to be on time (17:30 local time) and aircraft arrived at 15:00. Unfortunately Antigua airport had 4 long haul flights and 2 inter Caribbean flights leaving from same gates area and the airport was absolutely crammed with well over 1000 people trying to get around the gate area when everyone was asked to go to gate. The LGW flight was indicated as gate 5 but when you got there the area was full with an American Airlines flight to Charlotte which wasn’t due to depart until 17:15 so no way we could board until this aircraft had boarded. In the end we were told we would have to wait for boarding of the Manchester Maleth flight, a Sunwings flight to Toronto and two Caribbean flights. We eventually started boarding just after 6pm but were then told that the luggage hadn’t been loaded and we were now having to wait for the relevant staff and equipment needed to load this luggage after BA and Virgin flights had their luggage loaded. These flights were schedule services and as there was only staff to load one plane at a time we would have to wait as were a charter. We then sat on the tarmac for almost two further hours until we departed just after 8pm and 2.5 hours late. We made up an hour so were only 1.5 hours late to arrive at Gatwick.

Please note that the above overcrowding and delays were not Maleth’s fault and Antigua airport can clearly not cope with the amount of flights it currently has planned on Saturday afternoons when the Maleth flights are departing. 
In regard to the flight itself, unlike the outbound flight when the food was ok I’m afraid both the main meal and breakfast were inedible and there were scores of meals with no more than a mouthful eaten. 
The cruise was good but the Maleth issues on the outbound, P&O’s decision to not contact us before our outbound journey to advise of the huge delay and avoid customers having to spend 10 hours at Gatwick and the lack of any support or acknowledgment of the issues during the cruise has left a very a very sour taste in the mouth and will definitely see us booking elsewhere in future (Celebrity cruise booked for January 2025 instead of booking with P&O, which we had planned to book whilst on this cruise so we could benefit from the extra loyalty savings and onboard spend).

Let’s see how Maleth manage the 7 hour delay payment when we send the claim in.

2 hours ago, Yorkie69 said:

Just a further update on our return from Antigua overnight. The flight with Maleth Aero was supposed to be on time (17:30 local time) and aircraft arrived at 15:00. Unfortunately Antigua airport had 4 long haul flights and 2 inter Caribbean flights leaving from same gates area and the airport was absolutely crammed with well over 1000 people trying to get around the gate area when everyone was asked to go to gate. The LGW flight was indicated as gate 5 but when you got there the area was full with an American Airlines flight to Charlotte which wasn’t due to depart until 17:15 so no way we could board until this aircraft had boarded. In the end we were told we would have to wait for boarding of the Manchester Maleth flight, a Sunwings flight to Toronto and two Caribbean flights. We eventually started boarding just after 6pm but were then told that the luggage hadn’t been loaded and we were now having to wait for the relevant staff and equipment needed to load this luggage after BA and Virgin flights had their luggage loaded. These flights were schedule services and as there was only staff to load one plane at a time we would have to wait as were a charter. We then sat on the tarmac for almost two further hours until we departed just after 8pm and 2.5 hours late. We made up an hour so were only 1.5 hours late to arrive at Gatwick.

Please note that the above overcrowding and delays were not Maleth’s fault and Antigua airport can clearly not cope with the amount of flights it currently has planned on Saturday afternoons when the Maleth flights are departing. 
In regard to the flight itself, unlike the outbound flight when the food was ok I’m afraid both the main meal and breakfast were inedible and there were scores of meals with no more than a mouthful eaten. 
The cruise was good but the Maleth issues on the outbound, P&O’s decision to not contact us before our outbound journey to advise of the huge delay and avoid customers having to spend 10 hours at Gatwick and the lack of any support or acknowledgment of the issues during the cruise has left a very a very sour taste in the mouth and will definitely see us booking elsewhere in future (Celebrity cruise booked for January 2025 instead of booking with P&O, which we had planned to book whilst on this cruise so we could benefit from the extra loyalty savings and onboard spend).

Let’s see how Maleth manage the 7 hour delay payment when we send the claim in.

We had the same issues at Barbados airport last weekend. It was carnage, the airport simply couldn't cope with the number of flights on top of the normal scheduled flights. We were all directed towards an Air Canada flight, boarding passes weren't being checked properly, the staff had lost control at gates 14-16 which were handling multiple flights at once. It's clear that the extra passenger numbers involved with Arvia are putting a big strain on these airports. Best of luck with your claim. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, doog442 said:

We had the same issues at Barbados airport last weekend. It was carnage, the airport simply couldn't cope with the number of flights on top of the normal scheduled flights. We were all directed towards an Air Canada flight, boarding passes weren't being checked properly, the staff had lost control at gates 14-16 which were handling multiple flights at once. It's clear that the extra passenger numbers involved with Arvia are putting a big strain on these airports. Best of luck with your claim. 

It was the same in November 23 at airport it was absolutely mobbed in departure. Wrong gates numbers shown. Staff could not care less when asking if this was the correct gate etc. Departures area was roasting hot would recommend a hand fan or one of the battery ones. Just with the amount of people standing, sitting waiting to leave. Have flown from this airport a few times pre covid and this was the worst I’ve seen it.

Regarding compensation you will not get from P&O for flight being delayed it’s is the airlines responsibility to pay out always been the case. If not you will have to go through the CAA and see what they say. https://www.caa.co.uk/passengers/resolving-travel-problems/how-the-caa-can-help/how-the-caa-can-help/ further down you can send in a complaint.

There are two projects at Grantley Adam's which should improve things.  It was confirmed to me in January that the first of these is now very much happening after the pandemic stopped it.

https://nvestestates.com/2023/11/20/barbados-introduces-unique-concorde-terminal-for-air-to-sea-passengers/#:~:text=Not only does this innovative,provide exceptional service and facilities.

The second is a newer project only discussed in 2023 but certainly of very much interest, particularly with Virgin Atlantic now using Barbados as a hub.

https://nearshoreamericas.com/barbados-will-upgrade-grantley-adams-airport-with-147-million-investment/#:~:text=A major gateway to the,new terminal and runway expansion.&text=The government of Barbados intends,to land at the airport.

• Like 1

I would guess that there is a high degree of likelihood that Maleth will fail to honour the delayed flight compensation claims and if so  then  realistically the only option for passengers will be to take action against P&O ( as organiser of the package) under :Search

The Package Travel and Linked Travel Arrangements Regulations 2018

Relevant section:

15.—(1) The provisions of this regulation are implied as a term in every package travel contract.

(2) The organiser is liable to the traveller for the performance of the travel services included in the package travel contract, irrespective of whether those services are to be performed by the organiser or by other travel service providers.

(3) The traveller must inform the organiser without undue delay, taking into account the circumstances of the case, of any lack of conformity which the traveller perceives during the performance of a travel service included in the package travel contract.

(4) If any of the travel services are not performed in accordance with the package travel contract, the organiser must remedy the lack of conformity within a reasonable period set by the traveller unless that—

(a)is impossible; or

(b)entails disproportionate costs, taking into account the extent of the lack of conformity and the value of the travel services affected.

(5) Where the organiser does not remedy the lack of conformity within a reasonable period set by the traveller for a reason mentioned in sub-paragraph (a) or (b) of paragraph (4), regulation 16 applies.

(6) Where the organiser refuses to remedy the lack of conformity or where immediate remedy is required, the traveller—

(a)may remedy the lack of conformity; and

(b)is entitled to reimbursement of the necessary expenses.

(7) A traveller to whom paragraph (6)(a) applies is not required to—

(a)set a reasonable period pursuant to paragraph (4), and

(b)if such a period has been set, wait until the end of the period,

before the traveller remedies the lack of conformity.

(8) Where the organiser is unable to provide a significant proportion of the travel services as agreed in the package travel contract, the organiser must offer, at no extra cost to the traveller, suitable alternative arrangements of, where possible, equivalent or higher quality than those specified in the contract, for the continuation of the package, including where the traveller’s return to the place of departure is agreed.

(9) Where the organiser offers proposed alternative arrangements which result in a package of lower quality than that specified in the package travel contract, the organiser must grant the traveller an appropriate price reduction.

(10) The traveller may reject the proposed alternative arrangements offered under paragraph (8) only if—

(a)they are not comparable to the arrangements which were agreed in the package travel contract; or

(b)the price reduction granted is inadequate.

(11) Where—

(a)a lack of conformity substantially affects the performance of the package; and

(b)the organiser fails to remedy the lack of conformity within the reasonable period,

the traveller may terminate the package travel contract without paying a termination fee and, where appropriate, is entitled to a price reduction, or compensation for damages, or both, in accordance with regulation 16.

(12) If—

(a)the organiser is unable to make alternative arrangements, or

(b)the traveller rejects the proposed alternative arrangements in accordance with paragraph (10),

the traveller is, where appropriate, entitled to a price reduction, or compensation for damages, or both, in accordance with regulation 16 without terminating the package travel contract.

(13) If the package includes the carriage of passengers, the organiser must, in the cases referred to in paragraphs (11) and (12), also provide repatriation of the traveller with equivalent transport without undue delay and at no extra cost to the traveller.

(14) Where the organiser is unable to ensure the traveller’s return as agreed in the package travel contract because of unavoidable and extraordinary circumstances, the organiser must bear the cost of necessary accommodation, if possible of equivalent category—

(a)for a period not exceeding 3 nights per traveller; or

(b)where a different period is specified in the Union passenger rights legislation applicable to the relevant means of transport for the traveller’s return, for the period specified in that legislation.

(15) The limitation of costs referred to in paragraph (14) does not apply to persons with reduced mobility as defined in point (a) of Article 2 of Regulation (EC) No 1107/2006 of the European Parliament and of the Council, concerning the rights of disabled persons and persons with reduced mobility when travelling by air(1) and any person accompanying them, pregnant women and unaccompanied minors, as well as persons in need of specific medical assistance, provided that the organiser has been notified of their particular needs at least 48 hours before the start of the package.

(16) The organiser’s liability under paragraph (14) may not be limited by reason of unavoidable and extraordinary circumstances if the relevant transport provider may not rely on such circumstances under the applicable Union passenger rights legislation.

• Thanks 1