Transfers

L74

Hi guys, I'm due to travel at the end of April so our cruise has been paid in full.  Am I able to add on / book transfers after disembarkation?  I've had a look on both the web version and the app but can't see the option.  Thanks Lx

3 hours ago, L74 said:

Hi guys, I'm due to travel at the end of April so our cruise has been paid in full.  Am I able to add on / book transfers after disembarkation?  I've had a look on both the web version and the app but can't see the option.  Thanks Lx

Yes, if you want to add once OB, just go to shore excursions and they will take care of it.  And if you have OBC, you can use that to pay for it.  NP

Thanks Guys.   I went to the flight section as illustrated above and it does not give me the option for transfers, only flights 🤷‍♀️ 

Looks like I'm going to have to wait until I'm onboard. 

3 minutes ago, L74 said:

Thanks Guys.   I went to the flight section as illustrated above and it does not give me the option for transfers, only flights 🤷‍♀️ 

Did you book through a TA? That will keep you from doing it yourself. 

7 hours ago, L74 said:

You don't have to wait until you're onboard. If you booked through a TA, you need to contact the TA to add the transfers. If you are only interested in a post-cruise transfer, you may wait to book onboard if you wish. The price may be different, however. 

• 3 months later...

I was quoted a price for transfers from Airport (90 mins away) to the port area.

I have booked our own flights and was told that was OK.

However, I forgot to confirm that this would only be applicable for the day of cruise departure.

We are flying in 3 days prior to departure.

Is it correct to think that Princess organised transfers are not applicable for arrival prior to the cruise departure day ?

@Tranquility Baseunless you plan on getting back to the airport -that’s where transfers happen on the day that your cruise departs. So if you’re flying in three days early and you’re not near the airport, you should just probably get your own transportation from the airport to wherever you’re staying ( hotel?)and then from wherever you’re staying to the port.

Unless you have a Princess hotel package booked then different scenario.

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Tranquility Base said:

I was quoted a price for transfers from Airport (90 mins away) to the port area.

I have booked our own flights and was told that was OK.

However, I forgot to confirm that this would only be applicable for the day of cruise departure.

We are flying in 3 days prior to departure.

Is it correct to think that Princess organised transfers are not applicable for arrival prior to the cruise departure day ?

You do not mention the port so we will give you a generic answer.  Many cruise lines do ioffer "day of the cruise transfers"  from nearby airports and sometimes from a nearby city hotel (which is usually part of a cruise line pre-cruise package).  It would not be practical, from a cost perspective, for cruise line's to pay folks to sit around an airport (or city) for multiple days waiting for various cruisers.

Since you are flying-in 3 days early (we have no clue as to where) we assume you are staying at a hotel.  Let's assume you are staying in Rome, where there are over 1,500 hotels!  Would you expect a cruise line to have transfers from all those places?  

If you have booked a Princess pre-cruise hotel package (which will often cost about twice the price of booking it on your own), then it may include a transfer (read your documents).  Otherwise, you will need to arrange your own transfer (this can be done online, by most hotels, or by simply grabbing a taxi).

By they way, once upon a time we did book a cruise line pre-cruise hotel/transfer package (this was Celebrity) in Buenos Aires.  When we landed at the airport (after flying all night) we were met by the local tranfer company who told us, "we are waiting for another flight that is late, so you can relax in the coffee shop for about 1 1/2 hours"   Our reaction was to grab a taxi to our hotel, go  out to a nice breakfast, and later return to our hotel as our transfer van was finally arriving.  That was the last time we booked a cruise line package :).   And no, Celebrity would not reimburse us for the cost of that transfer.  

Hank

• Thanks 1

Thanks to both @arizonaperson and @Hlitner

Yes, I was was reasonably sure that transfers were not applicable on earlier days but still just wanted to ask.

Airport is NRT (HND not desirable for our timings), so decided to stay with the NRT option.

Will just plan on the NRT Express or the NRT Limo Bus to Yokohama.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Tranquility Base said:

Thanks to both @arizonaperson and @Hlitner

Yes, I was was reasonably sure that transfers were not applicable on earlier days but still just wanted to ask.

Airport is NRT (HND not desirable for our timings), so decided to stay with the NRT option.

Will just plan on the NRT Express or the NRT Limo Bus to Yokohama.

A long transfer to Yokohama.  We actually enjoy that city and suggest taking a walk through China Town and sampling some of the food :).  Will be back in Japan next year, but have already booked air into HND.

• Thanks 1