Bringing bottle of wine on ship Beyond

beachhouse

You can do both carryon and check. 4 bottles if you are with a partner. We always do premium so there isn’t a corkage at dinner. However, just a pour a big glass and take to dinner if you don’t have a package 

48 minutes ago, beachhouse said:

It's my understanding we can bring 1 bottle wine per person on board the ship for our cabin. How do you get the wine on the ship? On the carryon or in our checked luggage?

From Celebrity Cruises alcohol policy dated 1/17/23: 

....each guest (of legal drinking age) is permitted to bring onboard up to two (2) bottles of wine (which are subject to a corkage fee) per guest.Jan 17, 2023

As also mentioned, do so in your carry on.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, leaveitallbehind said:

From Celebrity Cruises alcohol policy dated 1/17/23: 

....each guest (of legal drinking age) is permitted to bring onboard up to two (2) bottles of wine (which are subject to a corkage fee) per guest.Jan 17, 2023

As also mentioned, do so in your carry on.

An here is another FAQ that says only one bottle per person which I believe is more recent. 

https://www.celebritycruises.com/ie/faqs/while-on-board#:~:text=Guests wishing to bring personal,instead of your checked luggage!

"Guests wishing to bring personal wine onboard may do so, limited to one (1) 750 ml bottle per guest of drinking age. Please make sure to pack these in your carry-on instead of your checked luggage!"

9 hours ago, DaKahuna said:

An here is another FAQ that says only one bottle per person which I believe is more recent. 

https://www.celebritycruises.com/ie/faqs/while-on-board#:~:text=Guests wishing to bring personal,instead of your checked luggage!

"Guests wishing to bring personal wine onboard may do so, limited to one (1) 750 ml bottle per guest of drinking age. Please make sure to pack these in your carry-on instead of your checked luggage!"

That's why posted my information as your information is what it always had been and I thought it must have changed and was not something I had previously been aware of.  The information posted is dated January '23 - just over a year ago. Honestly my initial response would have been to agree with you until I saw what I posted.

Confused and curious as to which is correct - and would like to know for sure.

Edited by leaveitallbehind

If each of 2 people in a cabin bring two bottles of wine during check through there is no way security knows or can correlate that those two people are together.  We typically only bring two bottles in one carry on but we have taken 4 bottles as well at times.

Additionally, we've put bottles in our checked in luggage and have never been flagged. So there's that.

BTW, just got off Beyond in mid February

Edited by mac66

15 minutes ago, mac66 said:

If each of 2 people in a cabin bring two bottles of wine during check through there is no way security knows or can correlate that those two people are together.  We typically only bring two bottles in one carry on but we have taken 4 bottles as well at times.

Additionally, we've put bottles in our checked in luggage and have never been flagged. So there's that.

BTW, just got off Beyond in mid February

Correct as security's responsibility is not to inform the cruise line of who is bringing how many of what, but only to assure that within each passenger's carry on is the allowed items in allowed amounts.  And to hold anything exceeding those.

But my question remains - what is the current correct policy, one bottle pp or two?

11 hours ago, BobbM81 said:

We always do premium so there isn’t a corkage at dinner.

I was under the impression that there was a corkage fee regardless of having a drink package. Is this a new policy and where can it be found

11 minutes ago, kasowell2 said:

I was under the impression that there was a corkage fee regardless of having a drink package. Is this a new policy and where can it be found

This "policy" has come and gone and evolved over time.  If in place, my understanding of this is it applies if you bring an unopened, non-ship supplied, bottle to dinner for service and storage.  Not sure how aggressively this is enforced, however.  Nor do I know any correlation to any drink package as those apply to ship supplied beverages.  Sorry.

At Port Everglades recently, 6 mini bottles of Tito’s flew right threw in my carry on..I had them in there from the hotel stay the night before and forgot they were even in there.  They made it back home with me… 🙂

7 hours ago, leaveitallbehind said:

But my question remains - what is the current correct policy, one bottle pp or two?

I am not 100% sure but I limited my search timeline for Feb 2023 - Feb 2024 and that was the FAQ I received.  I remember when it changed from one bottle to two but then I remember it changing back to one bottle.  

With all the Changes and reversal of changes Celebrity has made recently, who knows what the official policy is any more.  

• Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, DaKahuna said:

I am not 100% sure but I limited my search timeline for Feb 2023 - Feb 2024 and that was the FAQ I received.  I remember when it changed from one bottle to two but then I remember it changing back to one bottle.  

With all the Changes and reversal of changes Celebrity has made recently, who knows what the official policy is any more.  

3 months ago it was 2 bottles per cabin.  Think the confusion is cabin vs. passenger.

29 minutes ago, Arizona Wildcat said:

3 months ago it was 2 bottles per cabin.  Think the confusion is cabin vs. passenger.

I thought the RCCL / Celebrity policies were the same and RCCL has always been 2 per stateroom, not per person.  Which I thought would also apply to Celebrity.  (We are not wine drinkers so we don't bring any on board, hence my uncertainty).  So your information would seem right, although the information was stated - whether one or two - as per person.  Confusing.  But whether it is one per person or two per stateroom the net is the same (with double occupancy).

This is on their website now, 1 bottle per passenger: 

https://www.celebritycruises.com/company/customer-support/conduct-policy#alcohol-policy

Guests are not permitted to bring alcoholic beverages onboard; with the exception of embarkation day when each guest (of legal drinking age) is permitted to bring onboard one (1) 750 ml bottle of wine (which are subject to a corkage fee) per guest. A corkage fee does not apply to guests with the Classic Beverage Package or Premium Beverage Package. Security may inspect containers (including water bottles, soda bottles, mouthwash, canteens, etc.) at any time and will dispose of alcohol concealed in such containers. Alcoholic beverages that are purchased from onboard shops or in ports of call (which must be presented to security upon re-boarding), will be secured by ship's personnel. Alcohol secured by ship's personnel will be returned to guests just prior to the conclusion of their cruise vacation. Guests who are under the permitted drinking age will not have alcohol returned to them.

• Thanks 1

50 minutes ago, tripsaway said:

Can we take 2 bottles of wine that were given to us in our room off the ship in ft Lauderdale?  Also what about liquor bought in Curaçao?

I'm pretty sure there is no problem with that.  

On 2/28/2024 at 7:17 AM, kasowell2 said:

Two questions -- 1) we'll be on Beyond, Aqua class, but don't plan to add the drinks package.  If I bring (2 or 4, I've seen claims for both) bottles of wine onboard, what is the corkage fee?

And 2) do they sell bottles of wine at the meals, and can we drink some and bring the rest back to the cabin?  If so, what's the typical cost for bottles of medium to good quality red wines?

1 hour ago, Blues51 said:

Two questions -- 1) we'll be on Beyond, Aqua class, but don't plan to add the drinks package.  If I bring (2 or 4, I've seen claims for both) bottles of wine onboard, what is the corkage fee?

And 2) do they sell bottles of wine at the meals, and can we drink some and bring the rest back to the cabin?  If so, what's the typical cost for bottles of medium to good quality red wines?

Policy is one per person, loved it when it was two. Corkage fee was 25 per bottle if you don’t have a drink package.

1 hour ago, Blues51 said:

I wouldn’t pay the corkage if you don’t plan on drinking the whole bottle. You can fill 2 glasses in your room and bring the glasses to dinner and not get charged a fee. 

2 hours ago, Blues51 said:

As others have said, policy is one bottle per person and corkage fee only applies if you bring your bottle into the MDR or Specialty restaurant. 

2 hours ago, Blues51 said:

Yes, they sell bottles at meals and you can elect to take the unfinished bottle with you or you can leave it with them and they will have it for you the next night.   We have purchased a bottle in a Specialty restaurant, not finished it and asked that it be made availably in the MDR the next night and it was.  

Prices vary a lot depending on what you consider a "medium to good quality red wine."   An example is about $60 for a La Crema Pinot Noir or Decoy Sauvignon.  (They can usually be purchased pre-cruise at a slight discount over the on board price)