Club Balcony Suites and Bathtubs

I have never cruised with Norwegian but am starting to look. Are the Club Balcony Suites starting to do away with having bathtubs?  I called yesterday and spoke with an agent about 2 cabins and he couldn’t say for sure if they had bathtubs!  I would really like to have a bathtub lol however now I’m not too confident that I would book a CBS cabin and get a bathtub. Any help would be appreciated. The ships I asked about were Getaway and Jewel. TIA.

11 minutes ago, elapel01 said:

I have never cruised with Norwegian but am starting to look. Are the Club Balcony Suites starting to do away with having bathtubs?  I called yesterday and spoke with an agent about 2 cabins and he couldn’t say for sure if they had bathtubs!  I would really like to have a bathtub lol however now I’m not too confident that I would book a CBS cabin and get a bathtub. Any help would be appreciated. The ships I asked about were Getaway and Jewel. TIA.

I've been on Joy twice in the past 2 years and both times had CBS.

2 years ago I had a family CBS and that had a bathtub.

This past July I had a regular CBS and it had just the shower, which I prefer.

You need a family CBS if you want the tub. I assume it would be the same on the other ships, but I'm not sure.

2 hours ago, bkrickles1 said:

I've been on Joy twice in the past 2 years and both times had CBS.

2 years ago I had a family CBS and that had a bathtub.

This past July I had a regular CBS and it had just the shower, which I prefer.

You need a family CBS if you want the tub. I assume it would be the same on the other ships, but I'm not sure.

True.

Bliss CBS's have only a walk in shower; not sure about the family ones though.

11 hours ago, elapel01 said:

I was researching the same topic on the Encore.  From what I found, it depended on the deck.  I believe it was 10th deck and above was shower only, but 9th deck and below it was the shower/tub combo.  Could have been 10th deck and below....best way to tell is go to the youtube sites that have the videos for your cabin.

9 hours ago, thesnoopster2 said:

I was researching the same topic on the Encore.  From what I found, it depended on the deck.  I believe it was 10th deck and above was shower only, but 9th deck and below it was the shower/tub combo.  Could have been 10th deck and below....best way to tell is go to the youtube sites that have the videos for your cabin.

We had a CBS on Deck 8 last month on the Encore and did not have the shower/tub combo.

Your best bet is to look for YouTube videos or photos of specific cabin numbers, not just cabin categories. That way, you will know for sure if the room you want will have a tub or not.

7 minutes ago, PTC DAWG said:

Pretty sure all the away class mini suites are showers, nice ones at that.  I don’t think I have taken a bath since I was 8.

As I said earlier there's family CBS and regular. The family ones have tubs and the regular ones have those awesome showers 🚿! I've had both on away class ships 🛳️.

2 hours ago, MsTabbyKats said:

@elapel01Are you aware that those tubs have high sides....not easy to get in/out if your short, elderly or have mobility issues.

I was all excited when I booked a "mini-suite" on the Gem because there was a tub.  Never again..........

Those tub/shower combos in the Jewel-class mini-suites and also in some of the actual suites (the Penthouses) are horrible.  As you said (and as can been seen in the photo in comment 7 above), the tub wall is extremely high.  It is quite difficult for short people and folks with mobility issues to get in and out, even just to take a shower.  (And that's not even when the ship is moving.)    The tub itself is very narrow; I think it might work well for a small child, but not really for most adults.  And good luck getting up and out of it. 

9 hours ago, MsTabbyKats said:

I was all excited when I booked a "mini-suite" on the Gem because there was a tub. 

To be honest, the idea of actually using a bathtub on a cruise ship (or hotel) gives me the heebie-jeebies.

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, FPMoosally said:

To be honest, the idea of actually using a bathtub on a cruise ship (or hotel) gives me the heebie-jeebies.

Yikes!!  And people are paying $3400 more for these? 🤣  My old dad might hurt himself trying to get in and out, especially after he's been using the FAS beverage package.😬

Edited by EngrJones

29 minutes ago, gmbhardy said:

We always book family club balconies, on the larger ships, on deck 12 and higher. We have never had a bathtub.

As I said above, I can only speak for Joy, but a family CBS with an M4 code always has a tub.

All the others, which are either MA,MB or MC CBS are regular and have the amazing walk in shower.

I can't say for the other breakaway/breakaway+ ships, but I would have thought they were the same.

I didn't like the tub at all.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, bkrickles1 said:

As I said above, I can only speak for Joy, but a family CBS with an M4 code always has a tub.

All the others, which are either MA,MB or MC CBS are regular and have the amazing walk in shower.

I can't say for the other breakaway/breakaway+ ships, but I would have thought they were the same.

I didn't like the tub at all.

We have sailed on the Joy 10 times since the Covid shutdown, five times in Haven and five times in M4 CBSs. We have never had a bathtub in a M4 family CBS.

Edited by gmbhardy

10 minutes ago, gmbhardy said:

We have sailed on the Joy 10 times since the Covid shutdown, five times in Haven and five times in M4 CBSs. We have never had a bathtub in a M4 family CBS.

I believe you but I'm stumped. I had an m4 and it had a tub. That was 2022 on Joy. I asked someone on board and they said it was because it was a family CBS.This past July I had an MA CBS and it had the shower. 

Oh well. 

Just off the Joy - I had a M4 CBS on deck 9 that had a bathtub instead of the nicer shower. My PCC had assured me when I booked that it did not have a tub, so I'm not sure how to reliably find out unless you can find a review on that particular cabin. I was previously on the Joy in a MB CBS on deck 10 that had a shower.

As for the Jewel - I read that most of the tubs were removed in the last dry dock.

We’re on the Gem next month in a club balcony/mini suite. The CBS still have the aforementioned tubs with the high sides and narrow, tapered end which always reminds us of a sarcophagus.

Out last two cruises were on the Pearl.The tubs have been removed in the clubs and replaced with walk in showers. So much better!

13 hours ago, bkrickles1 said:

I believe you but I'm stumped. I had an m4 and it had a tub. That was 2022 on Joy. I asked someone on board and they said it was because it was a family CBS.This past July I had an MA CBS and it had the shower. 

Oh well. 

What deck were you on, on the Joy?