Is anyone concerned about going to Amber Cove because of the 4000 inmates released in Haiti?

6 hours ago, firefly333 said:

They started rerouting people yesterday. Some got a sea day. DR, coco cay or Nassau. Only sending emails 3 days in advance which isnt giving people time to book a new excursion. No point in complaining, cant change things. I'm scheduled there over xmas. Too soon to know.

December is a long way off.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Paelos said:

It's the right call. At some point an actual person with foresight got to the upper leadership at RCL and reminded them if any incident happened to passengers the company would basically never recover. That risk isn't worth the short term revenue for the stop in Labadee.

Actually while it may seem an easy decision, it probably has a ton of variables.   If it is not clear, all cruise lines have priority for the clients, staff, and ships as a primary concern.  That said, there are significant financial implications that are factors as well, especially when it is a cruise controlled port, and ramifications and costs to substitute ports or sea days, and that is just the major factors. 

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Purvis1231 said:

Most of them will be in the United States soon. 

Well, as some say,' 'Sometimes, ya gotta break a few eggs, so eventually it'll all work out , in the long run'.🙄

Mac

3 hours ago, Paelos said:

It's the right call. At some point an actual person with foresight got to the upper leadership at RCL and reminded them if any incident happened to passengers the company would basically never recover. That risk isn't worth the short term revenue for the stop in Labadee.

I think what happened was about insirance. I think they had no choice but to cancel.

Also royal pax complain a LOT. Carnival people take things more in stride. Many were calling up and demanding refunds. 

I'm still in texas and cruises from texas dont go to labadee. Dec will be my first booked cruise where I booked out of florida so I'm not affected, at least yet. But I've been reading and there were some pax up in arms demanding rcl not go there. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, firefly333 said:

I think what happened was about insirance. I think they had no choice but to cancel.

Also royal pax complain a LOT. Carnival people take things more in stride. Many were calling up and demanding refunds. 

"I insist that you take this ship to a politically unstable country that is being taken over by gangs, or I want my money back!" 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

24 minutes ago, aborgman said:

Things always get worse, before they get worse also...

sometimes, but then your definition of worse (the first one), was not correct, because it got worse.  Me being the optimist, I always choose better.  😜

Just now, jimbo5544 said:

sometimes, but then your definition of worse (the first one), was not correct, because it got worse.

Huh?  That ain't how it works.

Worse != worst.

Things can get worse over and over and over again.

5 minutes ago, aborgman said:

Huh?  That ain't how it works.

Worse != worst.

Things can get worse over and over and over again.

Until they get better, the worse early on were not really worse, you just thought they were until they got worse.  Then the worst you thought but was not really worst was actually much less worse than the new worse.  That is why their is only one worst.

2 hours ago, jimbo5544 said:

Until they get better, the worse early on were not really worse, you just thought they were until they got worse.  Then the worst you thought but was not really worst was actually much less worse than the new worse.  That is why their is only one worst.

Year 1: Your salary is $100K

Year 2: Your salary is $90K

Year 3: Your salary is $80K

Year 4: Your salary is $70K

The fact that things got worse between year 3 and 4 doesn't mean it didn't get worse from year 1 to 2.

6 minutes ago, aborgman said:

The fact that things got worse between year 3 and 4 doesn't mean it didn't get worse from year 1 to 2.

I would have quit before year 4.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

23 minutes ago, aborgman said:

It means, using your analogy, that if we look back in year 4, that is the worse.  Obviously "our" thoughts of year 2 and 3 were wrong, they were not worse, simply because year 4 is worse.  Between year 3 and 4 we absolutely 100% know years 2 and 3 were in fact not worse.  To complete the thought, in year 5 when we get an increase we know which was worse, even more clearly.  .

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, sfaaa said:

I 've got a peaceful easy feeling there will be plenty of Tequila Sunrise served at Amber Cove but not at Columbus Cove.

But we cannot stay in the Hotel California any more because the last time we were the girl who had those  lying eyes, but I can't tell you why, which makes me a desperado, and I would leave and come back...and I would be the new kid in town.  All this because I was living life in the fast lane, but I think I have run this into the ground...and your post made me take it to the limit.

Edited by jimbo5544
  • Like 2
  • Haha 3

Meanwhile down in the crowded bars on Deck 7, people were smiling. They spoke about the Islanders' way, how they love the beaches. And the cruisers came from everywhere, to the Columbus Cove. Seeking a beach cabana to chill, or the zip line to thrill. They call Labadee a paradise, I don't know why. You call someplace paradise, kiss it goodbye.

11 hours ago, jimbo5544 said:

Actually while it may seem an easy decision, it probably has a ton of variables.   If it is not clear, all cruise lines have priority for the clients, staff, and ships as a primary concern.  That said, there are significant financial implications that are factors as well, especially when it is a cruise controlled port, and ramifications and costs to substitute ports or sea days, and that is just the major factors. 

Plus it puts the ship itself at risk, what a coup that would be