Overnight Guest

We will  be cruising with our son and his family on the Magic.  We have a spa balcony, max 2 guests.  They have a lido balcony max 4 guests.  We were talking about letting our grandson spend a few nights with us.  I know they can make up the couch into a bed.  My question is because our cabin states 2 guests max, will my grandson be allowed to spend the night?

Posted (edited)

Im sure its been done before. Just grab an extra pillow and throw him on the couch or in between you two grandparents and you will be set.

No one will bat an eye.  And if they do, better to ask forgivness than permission in this case. But I doubt anyone (including your cabin steward) would care. And it's nothing that an extra $20  being thrown your cabin steward's way couldn't solve and asking him/her to make up your couch for your grandson.

Edited by stobe1
  • Like 4

Posted (edited)

I think your post answered your question.  "Max of 2" is pretty straight forward.

Also, I think there is an age limit of 18 and over...

Age Policy: Guests must be at least 18 years of age to ... utilize spa facilities, as well as use of the Thermal Suites, Hydrotherapy Pool and large hot tub spa. 

Edited by VentureMan_2000
  • Haha 2

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, VentureMan_2000 said:

I think your post answered your question.  "Max of 2" is pretty straight forward.

Age Policy: Guests must be at least 18 years of age to ... utilize spa facilities, as well as use of the Thermal Suites, Hydrotherapy Pool and large hot tub spa. 

They were asking about their grandson spending the night in their cabin so his parents can presumably have some alone time. Not about taking him to the spa during the day and using the facilities.

Edited by stobe1
  • Like 10
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, stobe1 said:

I think they were asking about their grandson spending the night in their cabin so his parents can presumably have some alone time. Not about taking him to the spa during the day and using the facilities.

I took the OP's post the same.

19 minutes ago, stobe1 said:

Im sure its been done before. Just grab an extra pillow and throw him on the couch or in between you two grandparents and you will be set.

No one will bat an eye.  And if they do, better to ask forgivness than permission in this case. But I doubt anyone (including your cabin steward) would care. And it's nothing that an extra $20  being thrown your cabin steward's way couldn't solve and asking him/her to make up your couch for your grandson.

He won't be sleeping between us in bed, he's 16!!! 😆

• Like 1
  • Haha 14

20 minutes ago, VentureMan_2000 said:

We're not interested in taking him to the spa.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Butterbean1000 said:

I never said anything about taking him to the spa.  I don't know where you got that idea.  That was not what I was asking.  I was asking if it was allowed for him to spend the night in our cabin. Thanks for playing.

Yes, it is fine.  The crew understands date night and that grandparents babysits (which is how they can get more grandbabies to babysit)

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

Since it's a two person cabin, I'm wondering if the couch even folds out into a bed? If so then I see no problem with it. If not he might be too tall at 16 to just sleep on the couch. 

• Like 1

I’m 6’2 and 300+. I have taken many a restful nap on the couch when not filled out. 

I am assuming the max capacity is in regards to lifeboats and muster capacity for that area of the ship. 

Having your grandson spend the night on the couch should be fine.

My guess is there has been a time or two a third person has spent the night in a cabin for two on the “Fun Ships”

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

2 hours ago, Rudyard said:

Since it's a two person cabin, I'm wondering if the couch even folds out into a bed? If so then I see no problem with it. If not he might be too tall at 16 to just sleep on the couch. 

OST carnival couches do not fold out.  They just put a pad/mattress on top and remove the bolsters.  EM

• Like 1

11 hours ago, lasvegascruising said:

Don't read the nonsense, have him sleep on your couch and tell him some stuff about his parents.  

This!!  Yes, do this!!

Can't wait till our grandkids get old enough, cuz I'm telling ALL!!

• Haha 3

Piece of cake OP. Obviously can't be 'official' for lifeboat reasons but I'd be shocked if your steward couldn't help you out with an extra blanket and pillow for that 1-2 nights. Heck, drunks pass out in the wrong cabin on every cruise I'd wager.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, VentureMan_2000 said:

If you are going to pedal that it's OK to break the 2-person max... why not go the whole gambit and pedal breaking all the spa balcony room rules... 

I have booked a spa balcony with my 8 year old grandson. Nothing against the rules there. He just could't use the Spa facilities, as he was not over 18. 

Of course he can, we do this all the time when cruising with our kids and grandkids.  Our stewards have always been happy to make up the couch into a bed, even in a cabin for 2.  Enjoy your cruise with the family!

• Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, versuco said:

Of course he can, we do this all the time when cruising with our kids and grandkids.  Our stewards have always been happy to make up the couch into a bed, even in a cabin for 2.  Enjoy your cruise with the family!

I’m glad you have had good luck with this.

The one time we tried to do it, we were in a grand suite and our steward refused to make up the sofa into a bed. We made it work anyway.

Maybe I didn’t ask nicely enough or should have “taken care” of him then instead of planning to do so at the end of the cruise.

19 hours ago, Journey11 said:

I’m glad you have had good luck with this.

The one time we tried to do it, we were in a grand suite and our steward refused to make up the sofa into a bed. We made it work anyway.

Maybe I didn’t ask nicely enough or should have “taken care” of him then instead of planning to do so at the end of the cruise.

I guess we have been lucky, but after 60+ cruises on multiple lines I don't remember ever having a room steward tell us no to any request.  Then again, we don't ask for much.  We have had grands overnight with us on both Carnival & NCL and never had issues with it.  On our last Carnival cruise we had one grandson bunk with us the whole week.  No issues from the steward.

In your case, I don't believe I would have "taken care" of that steward at the end of the cruise!