Evening Wear

islabahia

I just bought a long gown for our November Marina cruise.  What restaurant should I book so that I can enjoy my food AND my dress.  Hubby will wear a black suit (he’s leaving the tux home).

TIA for your suggestions for this newbie!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, islabahia said:

I just bought a long gown for our November Marina cruise.  What restaurant should I book so that I can enjoy my food AND my dress.  Hubby will wear a black suit (he’s leaving the tux home).

TIA for your suggestions for this newbie!

On Marina you have 4 specialty restaurants and the GDR to enjoy - wear it to each of the specialty restaurants and a night in the GDR....you will look lovely and appreciated by many!

• Like 3

We were recently on Vista. Several women in evening gowns at the Captain 's reception. 

• Like 2

Just now, Mrs f. said:

We were recently on Vista. Several women in evening gowns at the Captain 's reception. 

On a 10 day cruise, do you know when the Captain’s Reception is?

You could wear your formal wear to any of the dining venues; however, you should be aware that Oceania is "country club casual" and you will rarely see other passengers dressed in formal wear.  But if you enjoy doing so, by all means get dressed up.  Others will appreciate it, I'm sure.  I'd much rather see other passengers dressed up beyond the requirements of the dress code than those that push the limits in the other direction!

Enjoy your cruise

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
57 minutes ago, Yesimapirate said:

My wife would suggest buying......

Whereas my partner has sorted through the wardrobe and decided she doesn't need any new clothes for our forthcoming cruise. I've bought two polo shirts. 

She hasnt owned a long dress since we stopped cruising with P & O in the early 1990s. And I haven't worn a jacket since I retired 20 years ago. But I always enjoy watching folk who have dressed up more formally for an occasion. 

Edited by Harters
  • Like 5

39 minutes ago, Harters said:

Whereas my partner has sorted through the wardrobe and decided she doesn't need any new clothes for our forthcoming cruise. I've bought two polo shirts. 

She hasnt owned a long dress since we stopped cruising with P & O in the early 1990s. And I haven't worn a jacket since I retired 20 years ago. But I always enjoy watching folk who have dressed up more formally for an occasion. 

Same here. I don't even own any dresses any longer. Bob hasn't worn his tuxedo in easily 20 years. We were hopeful when our daughters got married, but nope, they wore light colored suits. Can't over dress the groom(s).

And I enjoy seeing others also.

• Like 2

Dressing up is a personal choice.  Having been on many cruises, the days of dressing up have become very scarce.  When we first cruised, every night was dress up.  It was  delightful.  As time passed, more people became casual. Since the pandemic, casual has become very accepted everywhere. On Vista in January, not many dressed up guests. Never saw a tie. A few men wore jackets.  Saw a few women in glitzy clothing. There were several people in jeans at dinner.  As long as it isn’t torn, jeans are acceptable. I did see men in shorts turned away from the GDR.  It’s your cruise, dress your way.

• Like 3

10 hours ago, islabahia said:

On a 10 day cruise, do you know when the Captain’s Reception is?

Usually the second night of the cruise unless there is a conflict with departing that day's port of call.

• Like 1