LIVE from the SUN Princess - 9 Mar 2024 - 10-Day Mediterranean - Second Voyage

12 hours ago, CanadianBurger said:

Wandered through the Fitness Center. Seems odd having a deck with loungers right outside. 

IMG_2955.thumb.jpeg.0e739154705fedeba7e9b68d8be9559e.jpeg

IMG_2956.thumb.jpeg.201863d6db0249c9dc296ef5dcccbfe1.jpeg

IMG_2957.thumb.jpeg.103a1d1025fb14f68ee90ea606148e62.jpeg

IMG_2958.thumb.jpeg.4fd8cd0ee6dfe0790e3ab404f5a214b5.jpeg

IMG_2961.thumb.jpeg.3349a336a2ab5460dc968752ddc04505.jpeg

IMG_2962.thumb.jpeg.0c88df5c00c420e2517e885355926542.jpeg

• Like 1

9 hours ago, CanuckCurlers said:

Have you seen or heard of any time or place to play pickleball? It's the fastest growing sport around and suits all ages. Our last two ships have offered it on their basketball courts. Keeping my fingers crossed but the high ropes course seems to say not on this ship.

I was wondering about that as well and agree doesn’t look possible with the “park” area.

16 hours ago, dides said:

There was one held on the inaugural cruise.  Credit: Dave R

mtp1.thumb.jpg.87858e3b55ea06e6841d17e3d7692a2e.jpg

mtp2.thumb.jpg.2b74f3b19079d6956d1ef6129b757579.jpg

Thanks. There are so many posts about the new Sun Princess it's getting hard to keep up with all of them.

12 hours ago, CanuckCurlers said:

Have you seen or heard of any time or place to play pickleball? It's the fastest growing sport around and suits all ages. Our last two ships have offered it on their basketball courts. Keeping my fingers crossed but the high ropes course seems to say not on this ship.

No. I have friends who play pickleball who will be disappointed. 

• Thanks 2

Has your wife's seasickness been better? I am very prone to motion sickness and was wondering how the rest of the time has been going for her (after the Horizons Dining Room experience).  Also my cabin will be on Deck 5 towards the front left of the boat...is this a fairly "good" area to be in if I'm prone to motion sickness?

12 minutes ago, 555 said:

Is O’Malley’s open on a port day?

Today's patter was posted earlier and they are in Athens today. These are the opening times:

image.png.e4b64efec6351ea525ead4a4ffc301f1.png

• Thanks 2

12 hours ago, startedwithamouse said:

Love the silent disco idea!  

There have been a lot of complaints about the noise in the piazza at night by those in nearby cabins.  This seems like a fun way to alleviate that issue.

• Like 2

17 hours ago, dides said:

Silent Disco Experience in the Piazza?   That's not a normal Princess offering is it?  That will be insta friendly.

when I was on the Discovery in January they did one and said they were trying it out.  Must have been successful.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Posted (edited)
22 hours ago, Sox Fan Cruiser said:

could you possibly check out that same aft area but on deck 17.  There ARE cushioned seats out there and tables.  Is that accessible right now?

Yes! The fire doors to Love by Britto were closed, but I was able to take a look. There’s a vestibule before the host station where you can go outside and sit on either side. It looks like people have been sitting there. 

IMG_3152.thumb.jpeg.854d9168e3b07d977f96e1cbce7e1db2.jpeg

IMG_3151.thumb.jpeg.c47027d4fa50fbab3dcfe259fcb452eb.jpeg

IMG_3150.thumb.jpeg.2c4c6b8425963334fde0f446d1e3269f.jpeg

IMG_3149.thumb.jpeg.98b03181945c45be130ef6152787b3d7.jpeg

Edited by CanadianBurger
  • Like 10
  • Thanks 2

Posted (edited)
30 minutes ago, MTNest93 said:

There have been a lot of complaints about the noise in the piazza at night by those in nearby cabins.  This seems like a fun way to alleviate that issue.

Would be fun if they did this on other ships too!

Edited by startedwithamouse
  • Like 2

57 minutes ago, Osa J said:

Has your wife's seasickness been better? I am very prone to motion sickness and was wondering how the rest of the time has been going for her (after the Horizons Dining Room experience).  Also my cabin will be on Deck 5 towards the front left of the boat...is this a fairly "good" area to be in if I'm prone to motion sickness?

Other than that one night, she’s been fine. I would say you’re fine down on 5. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
18 minutes ago, CanadianBurger said:

Yes! The fire doors to Love by Britto were closed, but I was able to take a look. There’s a vestibule before the host station where you can go outside and sit on either side. It looks like people have been sitting there. 

Interesting, I remember looking at the deck plans trying to work out what would be in that space. We had booked one of the deck 17 penthouse suites with the corner aft balcony view for the cancelled Feb 8 inaugural so I guess these people would be just sat around the corner from us.

Edited by dides
  • Like 1

45 minutes ago, CanadianBurger said:

IMG_3149.thumb.jpeg.98b03181945c45be130ef6152787b3d7.jpeg

Thanks for taking these pictures!  My husband and I noticed this area in a couple of videos and were wondering what it was for and how to access it.  Have you heard anything more about what is going on with Love by Britto? I believe @CruiseCriticAaron mentioned something about a complete remodel?  

38 minutes ago, dides said:

Interesting, I remember looking at the deck plans trying to work out what would be in that space. We had booked one of the deck 17 penthouse suites with the corner aft balcony view for the cancelled Feb 8 inaugural so I guess these people would be just sat around the corner from us.

We are booked there, too! 😄. I’m very sorry you missed your cruise.  Hopefully you were able to book another one in the same cabin.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, CatMom72 said:

We are booked there, too! 😄. I’m very sorry you missed your cruise.  Hopefully you were able to book another one in the same cabin.

We are there for the April 8th sailing!  Don't mind people sitting there just concerned if they smoke there.

And much thanks to @CanadianBurger for following up!  You rock!

Edited by Sox Fan Cruiser
  • Like 2

Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, CatMom72 said:

That ship has literally sailed unfortunately - we saved and saved for that stateroom and did really cheap cruises last year only for it to end up in disappointment.  Was going to try later this year but my work commitments have stopped that.

Edited by dides
  • Like 1

26 minutes ago, Sox Fan Cruiser said:

We are there for the April 8th sailing!  Don't mind people sitting there just concerned if they smoke there.

And much thanks to @CanadianBurger for following up!  You rock!

Ha! You will have to tell us how it is! We aren’t on till June.

26 minutes ago, dides said:

That ship has literally sailed unfortunately - we saved and saved for that stateroom and did really cheap cruises last year only for it to end up in disappointment.  Was going to try later this year but my work commitments have stopped that.

That is really unfortunate.  I thought I remember you mentioning that you would be on the NCL Joy at some point in February right after it got out of dry dock.  Hopefully that was nice!

• Like 1

I apologize if I missed the answer to these two questions:

1. Are the menus in the Signature and Reserve Collection dining rooms the same as in the Main dining room?

2 If you choose fixed dining, are you seated at the same table with the same waiter each night?

Thanks so much!

• Like 1

@CanadianBurger - Thanks for the updates! I was wondering if you wouldn't mind swinging by the Spa and just taking a picture of the pricing for the Enclave for the per day and per week price. I've seen the pics/videos so no need for more unless you just want to take them, but I'm torn on whether I want the full week pass or the day pass (which I've never bought, thus I don't know the price). I've always done the full week but with the itinerary, I'm not sure I'd get enough out of a full week?!? I love the warm chairs and the thermospa for my aching body.  Thank you in advance!

1 hour ago, Sox Fan Cruiser said:

Don't mind people sitting there just concerned if they smoke there.

We are booked there next year. I had never even considered this possibility!  Hopefully for all of us it won’t be allowed. 

• Like 3