LIVE from the SUN Princess - 9 Mar 2024 - 10-Day Mediterranean - Second Voyage

@CanadianBurger Just wanted to say thank you! This Live From is the best We have read. Thank you very much for the effort you put into this. Our 14 day sailing on the Sun Princess begins Apr 27. We can’t wait to see the ship! 

Murf

7 hours ago, startedwithamouse said:

Is that a DIY souffle sauce vessel?

Are they not serving any vegetables to accompany the main or salads?  

The waiter pours the sauce, then leaves the mini pitcher, similar to the soup. 

I usually delete the vegetables. 

• Thanks 1

On 3/16/2024 at 3:58 PM, Globaler said:

If you have had any meat options in the MDR - how has the quality of beef been?

@Globaler  I was on the Sun's maiden voyage.  I'm a "meat eater" and thought that every meat dish that I had was excellent.  Actually, significantly better than on other Princess ships that I sailed on last year.  The beef tenderloin and the beef wellington were so tender, you could almost cut them with a fork.  Also, the filet mignon in the Crown Grill was excellent too.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

On 3/16/2024 at 8:21 PM, KLM3164 said:

Yes, the elusive prime rib trolley that no one on Princess knows anything about! 🤣 

@KLM3164  While I was on the Sun's maiden voyage I spoke with the manager of the Signature dining room.  He said the prime rib "trolley" had yet to be delivered to the ship.  

• Thanks 2

13 hours ago, CruzeQueen2 said:

@CanadianBurger Question about the DORO - Claudio Giuliani. When I met him on the Royal Princess in 2022 (sailed twice with him that year), he was everywhere, all the time, all at once. I had a few issues that he assisted me with in the most professional manner.

All of the restaurants on that ship at that time benefited greatly from his style of leadership. I notice that his name was on the roster for your ship and wonder if you have seen him around - doing more of the same. 

TIA for your observations on this one. 

@CruzeQueen2  Claudio is the Director Of Restaurant Operations on the Sun, and hasn't changed.  I would run into him in the dining room at 7AM during breakfast, during the day at various times/places, and then again during the evening.  The man is like the Energizer Bunny...and most importantly, very approachable.  He doesn't have his nose up in the air like some restaurant managers.

• Like 6

19 hours ago, kamelia said:

Do you know if that self-serve coffee is available 24/7?  DH is a "minus-0-dawn-thirty" riser so it would help if I had some idea of where to suggest he look for early coffee, please and thanks.

I confirmed with the International Cafe this morning that they have complimentary regular coffee from midnight to 6am. 

IMG_3604.jpeg

• Like 8
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, CanadianBurger said:

I confirmed with the International Cafe this morning that they have complimentary regular coffee from midnight to 6am. 

You're amazing!  Thank you very much!!!

Would you have any pictures of the inside of the Signature Dining Room and the Reserve Dining Room? I've only seen limited shots mostly from the outside of the restaurants looking in. Thanks.

14 hours ago, CanadianBurger said:

Yes, you can choose early or late, which will put you on deck 6, and whether or not you want to share a table. I don’t believe you can specify a table size. There are very few large tables. Mostly 2 and 4-top. Since we only went there one night, and didn’t stay, I have no idea if the description in the app is accurate. 

What are the largest size tables in the MDR?  We are on the Sun in October with a large group and are trying to figure how many tables we will need to be divided between.

6 hours ago, CanadianBurger said:

IMG_3604.jpeg

Good to know.

By any chance, were there any juices also available during the night?

22 minutes ago, rebeccac said:

What are the largest size tables in the MDR?  We are on the Sun in October with a large group and are trying to figure how many tables we will need to be divided between.

Ask at lunch when you board. There are very few 6 to 8-tops. For a large group, the headwaiter said they push together many twos  in front of a bench and have had parties of 20. 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, CanadianBurger said:

Ask at lunch when you board. There are very few 6 to 8-tops. For a large group, the headwaiter said they push together many twos  in front of a bench and have had parties of 20. 

But 8 tops are the largest they have without pushing tables together?

8 hours ago, StevenW said:

".....a $5 USD room service fee will apply for each order placed by stateroom phone."

In the morning, use the hang tag for the door - FREE!

• Like 2

LOVE the videos!!!!

The comedian is so funny and entertaining!!!!

Once again...  No words for how much we are loving this thread!!

Thank you so much for this!!!!   And, of course for Dides photos and info as well !!!

I do like me a good Filet or a Prime Rib on a nice cruise...  so loving the review and pics on that.

Hope that the quality of beef is the same when the SUN gets to FLL.

• Like 2

@CanadianBurger hope you are enjoying your final day. If you get a chance, do let us know your thoughts on the ship - the best bits of your cruise and any niggles (soup service included lol). Will you be booking again?

• Like 1

9 hours ago, cruisedoctor said:

@CruzeQueen2  Claudio is the Director Of Restaurant Operations on the Sun, and hasn't changed.  I would run into him in the dining room at 7AM during breakfast, during the day at various times/places, and then again during the evening.  The man is like the Energizer Bunny...and most importantly, very approachable.  He doesn't have his nose up in the air like some restaurant managers.

@cruisedoctor I like your description of Claudio, the Energizer Bunny. Your comments show me that you "know" him like I do! Glad to hear that he is there. I am sure that being on the Sun during these early days, however exciting it may all be, is challenging for everyone - especially staff! in restaurant ops all around the ship.