New to Celebrity with questions about Aqua Class and All Included

I'm in the early stages of planning a short cruise with my sister to celebrate her 50th birthday later this year. I have mostly sailed with Royal in recent years, but I think Celebrity could be a good fit for us. I'm looking at a 4-night sailing on Reflection, either Key West/CocoCay or Key West/Bimini. She'll need to fly to FL the day before and can't get away for longer than 5 days. A few questions:

1. We would likely book an Aqua Class room as my sister is a spa person. Should we anticipated crowds in the Persian Garden? I've had day passes for the thermal suite on other lines in the past, and it was sometimes difficult to do the things I wanted to do (especially the heated tile loungers).

2. What do you think of Blu? We're both trying to eat healthier these days, but not at the expense of selection or tasty food. How long should we expect dinner to take there?

3. I've read about All Included, but I can't decide whether it's the way to go. We'll definitely want a beverage package and WiFi regardless. Currently, the cost of AI for the two itineraries we're looking at is around $86/person/day. That seems borderline in terms of savings. It's also hard to compare since I won't be able to see the a la carte cost of the drink packages until I've booked.

Thank you for any insight you can provide!

image.thumb.png.d08e96a492f8cb55dcc4a49cf91482dd.png

Photo of us from our last cruise together

• Like 2

86 per day is not to bad for the all included package.  I have never had trouble with using the loungers in any of the Persian Gardens.  yes there are some people who make it there home for the day but I always was able to get a bed and use the rooms without issue.  Blu I prefer and completely enjoy going to. I usually book aq class rooms as I know I would use the persian and enjoy blu, especially the breakfast and choices for dinner, I always find plenty to have.  If you hit a sale you might be able to save on the drink packages as they just are all over the place, same with wifi.  The drinks below you would need to add 20% onto the final cost for grats.  Are these prices every sailing, no they are all different overall.  This is on a sailing I have coming up.  I would also reccomend, tho not allowed to mention, check out some Cruise Travel agents as they might have group rates for rooms.  I know on the upcoming cruise I got my AL package for less than what Celebrity was selling the room only for when I booked.  

image.png.fe887dfb67b7c49163ef811a7ba5969f.pngimage.png.571b135cc9da1335102b1171ce4c535b.png

• Like 2

1 hour ago, LisaLisa87 said:

What do you think of Blu? We're both trying to eat healthier these days, but not at the expense of selection or tasty food. How long should we expect dinner to take there?

Blu is the reason that most folks sail Aqua Class.

• Like 3

Blu not only has tasty food choices, but is much smaller and thus quieter than the main dining rooms. On Reflection you can also order items from the main dining room menu if you wish. 

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, bikerunner said:

86 per day is not to bad for the all included package.  I have never had trouble with using the loungers in any of the Persian Gardens.  yes there are some people who make it there home for the day but I always was able to get a bed and use the rooms without issue.  Blu I prefer and completely enjoy going to. I usually book aq class rooms as I know I would use the persian and enjoy blu, especially the breakfast and choices for dinner, I always find plenty to have.  If you hit a sale you might be able to save on the drink packages as they just are all over the place, same with wifi.  The drinks below you would need to add 20% onto the final cost for grats.  Are these prices every sailing, no they are all different overall.  This is on a sailing I have coming up.  I would also reccomend, tho not allowed to mention, check out some Cruise Travel agents as they might have group rates for rooms.  I know on the upcoming cruise I got my AL package for less than what Celebrity was selling the room only for when I booked.  

Thank you so much! This is very helpful info. If I could get that price for the premium drink package I'd skip AI. I do know a TA and will check in to see if he has group rates for the two sailings we're considering.

5 minutes ago, 39august said:

Blu not only has tasty food choices, but is much smaller and thus quieter than the main dining rooms. On Reflection you can also order items from the main dining room menu if you wish. 

21 minutes ago, Ferry_Watcher said:

Blu is the reason that most folks sail Aqua Class.

Thank you both for the feedback about Blu! Would we have a set time to eat there for dinner, or is it more of a "My Time Dining" kind of thing?

We are BLU fans and  Persian Garden on Ref are awesome!  Hope u book it!

We usually have booked all included with grats,  and can manage with Classic drinks  and basic wifi.  Not sure what the new deals are..

Happy B Day to your sister!

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

You would just show up for Blu.  It they are too busy to seat you, they will ask you to wait, or hand you a pager.  Nearly all the tables are two-tops (close together, but tables for 2).

Edited by Ferry_Watcher
  • Like 2

13 hours ago, Ferry_Watcher said:

You would just show up for Blu.  It they are too busy to seat you, they will ask you to wait, or hand you a pager.  Nearly all the tables are two-tops (close together, but tables for 2).

For us that is one of the major draw backs with Aqua  - sharing tables at dinner is one of the things we look forward to. 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

My experience on E class was long lines for the spa and difficulty getting a heated lounger.  Less so on S class.

Blu.  The ambiance is a bit nicer than the MDR but the two tops are still very close together.

Is AI worth it?  You can do the math on that.  It all depends upon what you use.

Edited by NMTraveller
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, the penguins said:

For us that is one of the major draw backs with Aqua  - sharing tables at dinner is one of the things we look forward to. 

They do have tables for four and six - just ask if someone wants to join you.  It usually works.

For us, we do the all-in.  We sail Aqua probably a bit more often than Retreat    Blu is smaller venue and less noisy.   I m not a big breakfast person, but boy I love their Blu Parfait (granola, yogurt and blueberry).  DH loves the Blueberry Smoothie.    Prime Aqua will give you a better cabin location, more $, but worth it

What a great time and experience for you and your Sister.   Enjoy.   

On 3/8/2024 at 10:59 AM, LisaLisa87 said:

I'm in the early stages of planning a short cruise with my sister to celebrate her 50th birthday later this year. I have mostly sailed with Royal in recent years, but I think Celebrity could be a good fit for us. I'm looking at a 4-night sailing on Reflection, either Key West/CocoCay or Key West/Bimini. She'll need to fly to FL the day before and can't get away for longer than 5 days. A few questions:

1. We would likely book an Aqua Class room as my sister is a spa person. Should we anticipated crowds in the Persian Garden? I've had day passes for the thermal suite on other lines in the past, and it was sometimes difficult to do the things I wanted to do (especially the heated tile loungers).

2. What do you think of Blu? We're both trying to eat healthier these days, but not at the expense of selection or tasty food. How long should we expect dinner to take there?

3. I've read about All Included, but I can't decide whether it's the way to go. We'll definitely want a beverage package and WiFi regardless. Currently, the cost of AI for the two itineraries we're looking at is around $86/person/day. That seems borderline in terms of savings. It's also hard to compare since I won't be able to see the a la carte cost of the drink packages until I've booked.

Thank you for any insight you can provide!

image.thumb.png.d08e96a492f8cb55dcc4a49cf91482dd.png

Photo of us from our last cruise together

I don’t think $86/day is bad. Keep in mind AI no longer includes gratuity only Classic Drink Package and Wi-Fi so that may be more in line with what you’re looking for and at a discounted rate than purchasing separately. I haven’t been in Aqua before but I’ve been looking at cruises myself and gratuities for aqua I believe would be $23/day. For a 4 day cruise that’s nothing but just something to keep in mind. 

• Like 1

Thank you! It didn’t occur to me that gratuities would be higher for Aqua class. I just checked Celebrity’s site, and it looks like the $23 is only for the Retreat. We’ll probably go ahead and book with AI, even though it doesn’t seem like a great deal to me. Drink packages have gotten so expensive!

10 hours ago, baypeople said:

They do have tables for four and six - just ask if someone wants to join you.  It usually works.

Not the same as MDR where with Select/Anytime Dining you simply say sharing pleaze as you check in and X does it for you.

On the Reflection, the tables for 2  in Blue are really close together.  So you can get to meet your 'neighbors' easily. No set time for dining but they will suggest a time on the first night. Plan on 90 minutes for dinner there.  

Be careful choosing a room on the Reflection.  Try to get a room with other rooms above you and not the fitness center.

Never had to wait for a lounger in the Persian Gardens.  It is a nice perk.

Do your math for the AI.  It could be cheaper paying a la carte for your drinks. All Inclusive no longer covers gratuities which you can prepay or at the end of the cruise.  

• Like 1

4 hours ago, keesar said:

On the Reflection, the tables for 2  in Blue are really close together.  So you can get to meet your 'neighbors' easily. No set time for dining but they will suggest a time on the first night. Plan on 90 minutes for dinner there.  

Be careful choosing a room on the Reflection.  Try to get a room with other rooms above you and not the fitness center.

Never had to wait for a lounger in the Persian Gardens.  It is a nice perk.

Do your math for the AI.  It could be cheaper paying a la carte for your drinks. All Inclusive no longer covers gratuities which you can prepay or at the end of the cruise.  

if your don't prepay the tips they are added to your account every day. Any OBC will be set against all the charges on your account starting with non refundable OBC and moving onto refundable - all done on a daily basis.

• Like 1