Oasis of the Seas Live, March 10th - 17th. Ain't no better place, ain't no better time than here and now.

10 minutes ago, A&L_Ont said:

Captain just announced we have a delayed departure, for 7pm for thruster maintenance

I didn't do it !!

Or, as Dan would say, "I didn't mean to do it !".

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

9 minutes ago, A&L_Ont said:

Captain just announced we have a delayed departure, for 7pm for thruster maintenance. It also gives those with delayed flights a chance to make it. 

The announcement was made while we were enjoying the view from the balcony. Other thing we are currently enjoying is some of Lisa’s birthday cake.

Shane decided the we need to celebrate something, so he picked Lisa’s birthday which was February 14th. Happy Birthday Lisa. ❤️ 

IMG_4057.thumb.jpeg.78f5352c3d3bd31071c12cad1cc42a86.jpeg

IMG_4058.thumb.jpeg.361c3666e4ab29e8e16ec66a884fb7fb.jpeg

Nice looking cake. Nothing like celebrating a birthday twice!

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, RFerrington said:

How was the water temp ?

Decent for the wave. I don’t think they have it heated right now as it’s so nice here in Miami. I also do my best not to fall and remained dry on my two runs. 

• Like 8

29 minutes ago, A&L_Ont said:

Shane decided the we need to celebrate something, so he picked Lisa’s birthday which was February 14th. Happy Birthday Lisa. ❤️ 

Close enough!  And a great excuse to eat cake.  Happy Belated!! 🍻

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, A&L_Ont said:

Lisa shot me riding earlier -  filmed I mean. She hasn’t had that urge yet. 😜

Nice surfing. Smooth as silk.

• Like 2

Bon Voyage Lisa, Owen, and Andrew!  

Say hi to Harvey in Playmakers for me.  He was our waiter in Schooner last year on our Bella cruise!

•  

Homeric--Bermuda

This might sound crazy but I am replying because you also sailed the Homeric!!! 

Our first cruise was in June 1981 to celebrate our 14th Anniversary sailing to Bermuda on the HOMERIC!!! Still remember like it was yesterday.

Seas were very rough on the return. Only six passengers (my Husband was one of them) in the MDR for breakfast. Movie for the afternoon was "Nine To Five" with Dolly Parton. Seas were very rough and everytime we hit a massive wave, majority (again not my Husband) of passengers in theater would moan.

Fortunately,(almost 50 cruises later) I no longer get seasick!!!!

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
42 minutes ago, soremekun said:

Is it possible to order drummettes only or do you have to have a mixture of drumettes and flats?

Not sure. We were happy with the mixture. If we return all ask. 

Edited by A&L_Ont
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Loracpin2 said:

Bon Voyage Lisa, Owen, and Andrew!  

Say hi to Harvey in Playmakers for me.  He was our waiter in Schooner last year on our Bella cruise!

•  

Homeric--Bermuda

This might sound crazy but I am replying because you also sailed the Homeric!!! 

Our first cruise was in June 1981 to celebrate our 14th Anniversary sailing to Bermuda on the HOMERIC!!! Still remember like it was yesterday.

Seas were very rough on the return. Only six passengers (my Husband was one of them) in the MDR for breakfast. Movie for the afternoon was "Nine To Five" with Dolly Parton. Seas were very rough and everytime we hit a massive wave, majority (again not my Husband) of passengers in theater would moan.

Fortunately,(almost 50 cruises later) I no longer get seasick!!!!

Hi there!  We were on the Homeric to Bermuda either 1982, or 1983.  We cruised around the 4th of July, huge family get together.  We had a great time, we "bought" our own horse and had fun decorating it for the horse race.  Our daughters were in the 7th and 10th grades.  They had a really fun time teaching English to some of the young crew.  Thanks for the memory of my cruise.  We had rain on our last day and pretty rough seas, but a fun time all around!😊

• Like 3

2 hours ago, bobmacliberty said:

It's cute that you think that. 😁

55 minutes ago, LisaLisa87 said:

I was thinking the same thing! 😂 

She did too. 😜

• Haha 8

Posted (edited)

Time to catch up with you guys. Currently at the pub. Everything is in backward order, like that episode of Seinfeld. 

IMG_4157.thumb.jpeg.39057f621d310ea688b9effa6bc57042.jpeg

IMG_4158.thumb.jpeg.636e8bc24f1783540e8abe2a14378a53.jpeg

We went to the ice show earlier.  Unfortunately the sand artist is on break this week but the show was still great. 

IMG_4104.thumb.jpeg.48fac45c04660c14d279a255c7d3a6e2.jpeg

Prior to that we went to our balcony for sailaway. A couple quick pics. More to come. We got to turn in the basin on the way out. 

IMG_4087.thumb.jpeg.1b26b68bd03ecfe821717a855cf64e28.jpeg

IMG_4093.thumb.jpeg.fbcd71996575b51477d5feb86ace06b3.jpeg

Edited by A&L_Ont
  • Like 26

Prior to all that we had dinner at Chops. We had an express ride. 

IMG_4071.thumb.jpeg.8db8010f6fca5d4d6fadedf5c09be3c2.jpeg

For apps Owen likes the croutons so much he got just them. 

IMG_4073.thumb.jpeg.b8b6f624de283dfb86589834b6b72329.jpeg

Lisa on the other hand prefers some lettuce with hers. 

IMG_4074.thumb.jpeg.cdb2f6745e408cf00aa78ead13ccf5bf.jpeg

Mushroom soup for me. 

IMG_4075.thumb.jpeg.a2de43e7e18b6999b57ae0190c140612.jpeg

And the warm goat cheese salad for me. The dried cranberries are delicious. 

IMG_4078.thumb.jpeg.d7f5b8731cc4f04844d3f81e531dd1d0.jpeg

Lisa and I each got the petite filet. 

IMG_4079.thumb.jpeg.b9138fbbad828cb7cadf17c28163e582.jpeg

Owen got the filet and lobster. 

IMG_4080.thumb.jpeg.adba161848252ef3a18351051fb002cd.jpeg

I ended with the raspberry sorbet. They failed to mention that it was a mountain of sorbet. 

IMG_4083.thumb.jpeg.e78b52a049f89c836b0f2bfdca2ce782.jpeg

• Like 18

14 minutes ago, A&L_Ont said:

And the warm goat cheese salad for me. The dried cranberries are delicious. 

Love that salad. One of the best out of all the specialty restaurants.

• Like 4

When you have a moment, how is Oasis holding up? We are thinking about planning a family group cruise in 2025 for a couple "big" birthdays that year. The two options are a 6 day sailing on Oasis and a 7 day sailing on Symphony. I love Symphony. I'm the only one that has sailed with Royal at all. So, others really won't know much of a difference if we go on Oasis instead of Symphony. But, I will indeed know that Symphony is newer and a bit fresher. Im guessing that Oasis may be showing some wear in thr csbins or some public places. The Oasis sailing is less expensive so that's where the group is leaning. How does the ship look to you? Would be a good impression for a group of first timers? Thanks 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, blueslily said:

When you have a moment, how is Oasis holding up? We are thinking about planning a family group cruise in 2025 for a couple "big" birthdays that year. The two options are a 6 day sailing on Oasis and a 7 day sailing on Symphony. I love Symphony. I'm the only one that has sailed with Royal at all. So, others really won't know much of a difference if we go on Oasis instead of Symphony. But, I will indeed know that Symphony is newer and a bit fresher. Im guessing that Oasis may be showing some wear in thr csbins or some public places. The Oasis sailing is less expensive so that's where the group is leaning. How does the ship look to you? Would be a good impression for a group of first timers? Thanks 

I will keep you in mind during the week. If I don’t hit it on the last day remind me after my final thoughts and I will give you my honest feed back. 

Posted (edited)

We are not gonna make the ballon drop, but no surprise they fall at midnight. Owen is going though.

Rando couple moment. 

IMG_4163.thumb.jpeg.f888d694f7e93079e847d2d91743704e.jpeg

Headed home. 

IMG_4164.thumb.jpeg.26bb324f032c3692789404ad991d20ec.jpeg

Edited by A&L_Ont
  • Like 6

Thanks for taking us along on another cruise with you! I've been following for years. Owen has really grown up! Wishing your family an amazing vacation making memories together ❤️

• Like 1