Sun Princess

1 minute ago, Wishing on a star said:

What category had that person on FB booked?  Was it a suite???

Is Princess sending out notices. (in error) on non-suite bookings before October 14???

That kind of 'error' would not be surprising, actually.  

Will not be surprised if they back pedal on this. Another mess.

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
10 minutes ago, Wishing on a star said:

What category had that person on FB booked?  Was it a suite???

Is Princess sending out notices. (in error) on non-suite bookings before October 14???

That kind of 'error' would not be surprising, actually.  

I was already booked in a suite and received an email saying I was “upgraded”  It isn’t an upgrade for me as I had already booked a suite and it doesn’t include the premiere package (which I had also already booked). I’m not the poster from FB but I did receive the email. I sail June 1st, 2024  

IMG_7448.thumb.jpeg.c9fcb5819e53f4b9385d5827bc50d3ce.jpeg

Edited by whitcruising
  • Like 2

Posted (edited)

Yes,  this whole thing is another example of how this roll-out of the Sun Princess has been a HUGE MESS....   I place this fully on Princess....   All of this should have been decided and made clear, months ago.  No excuses here....   I am happy for anyone, such as those who had booked a D0, who benefit.   But, otherwise,  this is a huge MESS.   The price increases are incredible....

I am wondering if those who got the email notice, who are sailing before the change is fully implemented, are those who are booked into Suites.   True, it might not give them any real benefit. (unless they had not booked a package, and now the upgrade notice does, actually, give them the package - do we know that for sure????   Can they cancel the package they paid for???  Does their booking show two packages?)

Edited by Wishing on a star
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Wishing on a star said:

I am wondering if those who got the email notice, who are sailing before the change is fully implemented, are those who are booked into Suites.   True, it might not give them any real benefit. (unless they had not booked a package, and now the upgrade notice does, actually, give them the package - do we know that for sure????   Can they cancel the package they paid for???  Does their booking show two packages?)

My email states in the FAQ that I am not getting the premier package benefit. I am booked for June of this year. For me it just means more people in the sanctuary and signature restaurant. I had signature benefits before the change. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Wishing on a star said:

No,  I believe that all of the ones on the Sphere still remain 'Premium Deluxe'.

I think it is ONLY that handful of D0 category cabins. (AFT, with the very very extended balcony) that are now SANCTUARY cabins, with full ship-within-a-ship benefits and access.

These are the ones located AFT that had brought about such specific discussion, as the description online had mentioned Signature, but then that was removed.  Now we see why, as most of the Suite and Sanctuary staterooms and exclusive areas are located AFT.

Note:  Deck 14 doesn't seem to be available / loading...  Not sure if they might still be working on that deck, with these new cabin categories.

Princess has kept silent, and also brought about a LOT of confusion with the roll-out of the new ship... NOW it all makes sense.

I’m sure you’re right. My mother is booked in an M1 mini on deck 14 in December.  She already received the email today saying she’d been upgraded to Sanctuary Collection.

6 minutes ago, cristine said:

Update o

Just received from Princess.

OOPS we made a mistake.

Please disregard your previous Email. 
Really Princess?

Get it Together 

Did your travel summary change?

Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, chamima said:

This is really confusing!!!

Or is it just me?

So they are adding mini suite and balcony cabins to suites in availability to the 80 loungers in the Sanctuary?  (See text in red above.)

And can someone please explain that last paragraph? How could anyone have booked a category before today that didn't exist until today?

🥵

Before they rolled this out, they were planning to sell day passes to non-suite passengers anyway (based on “availability”). To me, that was even sketchier, because it wasn’t clear how they would determine “availability.”  Now at least we know what we’re dealing with.  That said…they still don’t have enough space in the Sanctuary to accommodate 430 suite passengers (assuming 2 adults for each of the 215 Sanctuary cabins)…so I’m not sure they actually solved anything with this update.

Edited by CatMom72
  • Like 2

Thoroughly confusing. We had booked a "signature" suite for Jan. 25 and received the 'congratulations you have been upgraded" even though we fully expected everything listed.

As commented by some our cruise now shows Sanctuary catagories where they had listed Reserve and Signature previously. We paid 6k for Suite and the same dealio is now approx 8500. 

I fully expected the sanctuary to be for suite guests only but it does appear they are trying to expand the categories that use it.

A heck of a way to market a new ship- it seems they do not know what they are doing.

So excited Princess offered a great price on a suite  but now they apparently playing in the more rarified air of X whose pricing got crazy. I guess the point is like the weather wait a day and it (pricing) will change.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

21 minutes ago, cristine said:

Update o

Just received from Princess.

OOPS we made a mistake.

Please disregard your previous Email. 
Really Princess?

Get it Together 

Got both of those also.

Mine was for a cruise before Oct. 14 so that was why.

We also  have a cruise booked on her for New Years and I just checked my reservation and it still says Reserve Collection min suite. Go figure............

3 hours ago, dog said:

My Travel Summary now says under Special Services- Sanctuary Collection.

Glad you wound up getting that after Princess gave all the D0 passengers such a runaround about it. I’m also glad they are abandoning the silly day pass strategy for the Sanctuary, as it was never clear to me how that was going to work.  My only concern now is that they upgraded so many cabins that they have created a different problem…the entire Sanctuary only holds about 300 people, and there are 215 eligible cabins (430 adults at double occupancy).  Alas, the math still doesn’t look good IMO. Oh well…at least I won’t be on the ship when it’s in the Caribbean!  I think that’s when we’ll really find out if there’s a problem with the strategy.  I am still very excited to experience the Sun!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, whitcruising said:

I was already booked in a suite and received an email saying I was “upgraded”  It isn’t an upgrade for me as I had already booked a suite and it doesn’t include the premiere package (which I had also already booked). I’m not the poster from FB but I did receive the email. I sail June 1st, 2024  

IMG_7448.thumb.jpeg.c9fcb5819e53f4b9385d5827bc50d3ce.jpeg

I am in an S4 for June 1 and I got the email, too. I don’t see that I’m getting anything different than I was already getting yesterday lol.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, whitcruising said:

1 hour ago, chisoxfan said:

Thoroughly confusing. We had booked a "signature" suite for Jan. 25 and received the 'congratulations you have been upgraded" even though we fully expected everything listed.

As commented by some our cruise now shows Sanctuary catagories where they had listed Reserve and Signature previously. We paid 6k for Suite and the same dealio is now approx 8500. 

I fully expected the sanctuary to be for suite guests only but it does appear they are trying to expand the categories that use it.

same here.  Booked in an S4

absolutely no “upgrade” for us

if anything it’s a downgrade for us as they will be jamming more people into the “sanctuary” and “private” dining

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CatMom72 said:

I am in an S4 for June 1 and I got the email, too. I don’t see that I’m getting anything different than I was already getting yesterday lol.

agreed 

they should at least upgrade folks in S class cabins to Premier from Plus for free, and for those already booked with Premier give them an OBC equal to the difference between Plus and Premier 

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, CalTexCruiser said:

agreed 

they should at least upgrade folks in S class cabins to Premier from Plus for free, and for those already booked with Premier give them an OBC equal to the difference between Plus and Premier 

They are literally giving away benefits for free which suite guests had to pay for in their  fare. I’m happy for the surprise for those that got upgrades,but they really should give suite guests who paid for these perks some kind of compensation,

• Like 1

6 hours ago, dog said:

So on fb, someone on May - SUN got the Upgrade notice. 

I received upgrade notice. I’m in a full Suite. Seems the Concierge Lounge is still Suite only. 

This new policy will stop the “race” to the Sanctuary, as one must buy the appropriate cabin to have access to these amenities. 

• Thanks 1

48 minutes ago, mrmarklin said:

I received upgrade notice. I’m in a full Suite. Seems the Concierge Lounge is still Suite only. 

This new policy will stop the “race” to the Sanctuary, as one must buy the appropriate cabin to have access to these amenities. 

Now there will be a daily race of many more people than there are lounges.

1 minute ago, capriccio said:

Now there will be a daily race of many more people than there are lounges.

I’m waiting to see if the separate suite area in the sanctuary remains available for what were signature suites. 

Gee. I guess I'm missing out.

I have a DA cabin in the sphere on deck 15 and sailing on 10/14/24.

It's just unfortunate that Princess can't make up their mind.

I'm on a cruise, sailing on a new ship and class.

Whatever.

• Like 1

Well, I checked my cabin fare and it is now $9500+ for the two of us, with the new category, if we book today.

This was a D0-aft premium deluxe balcony.  I am paid in full. I will not get the premium package.

i will have Sanctuary Collection benefits. 

i cannot believe this change.

• Like 1