Sun Princess

1 minute ago, Retired-N-Happy said:

I had read elsewhere that the suite holders had their own dedicated escalator that went from forward to aft and vice versa when needed to avoid the maddening crowds. 😉

According to the brochure it’s a site to site transporter. You just tap your exclusive medallion like a Star Trek com badge and tell them where you want to go.

• Haha 2

11 minutes ago, keldaria said:

According to the brochure it’s a site to site transporter. You just tap your exclusive medallion like a Star Trek com badge and tell them where you want to go.

That's great.  Those suite holders that like to imbibe in the hot tubs can use their medallion to get whisked away to use the facilities when nature calls.

46 minutes ago, voljeep said:

has anyone had any problems getting their deposit back when you just now cancelled?

I cancelled two a few months ago and deposits were returned right away.

I still have 1 booked on SUN & 1 booked on Star. Sure that will be it as the cabins I prefer are all in the Sanctuary category with premier package - we don’t want. and the D0 cabin is now priced at 9500+, so no more for me.

4 minutes ago, dog said:

I cancelled two a few months ago and deposits were returned right away.

I still have 1 booked on SUN & 1 booked on Star. Sure that will be it as the cabins I prefer are all in the Sanctuary category with premier package - we don’t want. and the D0 cabin is now priced at 9500+, so no more for me.

So you are keeping the Star TA? I’m still deciding between that and the Emerald TA from Southampton. 

2 minutes ago, vjmatty said:

So you are keeping the Star TA? I’m still deciding between that and the Emerald TA from Southampton. 

No, the Star TA was out of Southampton which I wanted. I took the option to wait and book something else.

I have a suite booked on the 5 day Star out of Ft Lauderdale in 2025. I’ll see.

• Like 1

Sorry, late to the game here on this ship.  Is it correct that there is no adults only area like the retreat pool area on other ships?  Looks like the pool is in the Sanctuary, so did they expand the Sanctuary and eliminate a retreat area?

How do people like the buffet being low on the ship?  I love the Lido deck location and don't think I'd like to leave the pool and go down the elevator to eat in the buffet.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Retired-N-Happy said:

I had read elsewhere that the suite holders had their own dedicated escalator that went from forward to aft and vice versa when needed to avoid the maddening crowds. 😉

Yes. But it wasn’t working on our cruise!  🤪

Edited by Sox Fan Cruiser
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Does anyone know where I can get updates on the availability of the RollGlider and the Park 19 ropes course?

I found another thread from early March with the following dates:

• Arena shows will begin rolling out on March 29

• Park19 is open, minus the ropes course, which will be completed March 29, and RollGlider, which will be done on April 27.

I haven't see any references to any of the three mentioned being up and running.  Obviously, this gives the RollGlider date as being in a couple days still.  I was just wondering if there was some sort of status page or if anyone had seen anything.

3 hours ago, plethera1 said:

Does anyone know where I can get updates on the availability of the RollGlider and the Park 19 ropes course?

I found another thread from early March with the following dates:

• Arena shows will begin rolling out on March 29

• Park19 is open, minus the ropes course, which will be completed March 29, and RollGlider, which will be done on April 27.

I haven't see any references to any of the three mentioned being up and running.  Obviously, this gives the RollGlider date as being in a couple days still.  I was just wondering if there was some sort of status page or if anyone had seen anything.

Still nothing.  Ropes course is not open yet (as of a week ago).  One day they were testing out the RollGlider but they were just trying to run the "cart" around the track.  Some were succssfull and some where not with them getting "stuck" on the track.  Maybe that was the test?  But it didn't have anyone on it and didn't even have the swings attached except for one.  Not optimistic.

19 hours ago, kywildcatfanone said:

I love the Lido deck location and don't think I'd like to leave the pool and go down the elevator to eat in the buffet.

You could always order a club sandwich via your medallion and have it delivered to your chair poolside.

2 minutes ago, Retired-N-Happy said:

You could always order a club sandwich via your medallion and have it delivered to your chair poolside.

The burgers, pizza, tacos and salads seemed to be an elevated food choice from the other ships.  Should be able to satisfy a lot of main pool passengers.  

I do appreciate the new beeper system for the burger stand so people aren't standing in a long line.  I hope they roll that out to the other ships.

22 minutes ago, Sox Fan Cruiser said:

Still nothing.  Ropes course is not open yet (as of a week ago).  One day they were testing out the RollGlider but they were just trying to run the "cart" around the track.  Some were succssfull and some where not with them getting "stuck" on the track.  Maybe that was the test?  But it didn't have anyone on it and didn't even have the swings attached except for one.  Not optimistic.

I get the RollGlider a bit as it's a lot more complex but the ropes course?  What could possibly be taking so long?

2 minutes ago, plethera1 said:

I get the RollGlider a bit as it's a lot more complex but the ropes course?  What could possibly be taking so long?

I really don't know.  The folks need to be tethered as they make their way around the course so maybe that is not set up yet?  

I mean, they still don't have the prime rib "trolley" in the Signature restaurant even though they are serving it.  I think some things haven't made it to the ship yet.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, plethera1 said:

I think once the construction is complete on these items, they not only need to be tested, but inspected and certified for use.  So depending on where that inspection/certification is to take place and when the ship is back at the appropriate port, could be adding to the delay as well.  Just my guess.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Sox Fan Cruiser said:

The burgers, pizza, tacos and salads seemed to be an elevated food choice from the other ships.  Should be able to satisfy a lot of main pool passengers.  

I do appreciate the new beeper system for the burger stand so people aren't standing in a long line.  I hope they roll that out to the other ships.

When I was on the Crown last October "The Salty Dog Grill" passed out pagers/beepers.

Posted (edited)
12 minutes ago, nasa1974 said:

Just went to look at the deck plans for the Sun and it asks if you are sailing before or after October 14, 2024. I wonder what the difference is?

The deck plans after October 14 reflect the Sanctuary Club changes.   Like the Sanctuary layout itself, the Penthouse Suites becoming Vista Suites, Owner's Suites becoming Grand Suites and the qualifying mini-suites and D0 premium deluxe balconies becoming Sanctuary Club.  The Signature Lounge also becomes the Suite Lounge.

image.png.f2bd4d26bcb2cef125a03e02d917eb18.png

Edited by dides
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Retired-N-Happy said:

I don't buy a package, ao there would be a charge. 

I can also see people calling me a chair hog for the time it takes to go get lunch and come back.

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, dides said:

The deck plans after October 14 reflect the Sanctuary Club changes.   Like the Sanctuary layout itself, the Penthouse Suites becoming Vista Suites, Owner's Suites becoming Grand Suites and the qualifying mini-suites and D0 premium deluxe balconies becoming Sanctuary Club.  The Signature Lounge also becomes the Suite Lounge.

Maybe the Sanctuary purchase option is going away and it is now all for the Signature class cabins.

46 minutes ago, TRLD said:

Maybe the Sanctuary purchase option is going away and it is now all for the Signature class cabins.

Yes.that is it exactly. The Sanctuary is no longer available for day passes. It is o ly for those in sanctuary class cabins. The Sun will have no adult only area available for other passengers, paid or included in their fare.

1 hour ago, dides said:

You're just a plethora of information. Thanks.

image.jpeg.d9ce098c4866b88cf716e99e0946d73e.jpeg