Sun Princess, MoveOver Offer 3/19/24

Posted (edited)

Hi everyone, 

Our 3 reservations we have on the Sun Princess (March 19, 2024) 10-night sailing received the ‘MoveOver’ offer today.

Thought I’d share it for reference. 

If this were my wife and I traveling, we would jump at this offer. 

But I am cruising with my mom and her best friends. My father’s wish before he passed was that my mom would get to see Europe since they had always dreamt of going, but never got to. Needless to say, this is likely a once in a lifetime trip for my mom. So we’re going, and Princess better make it memorable!  (I hope they’re listening.) 😉

IMG_9839.jpeg

Edited by Vinnyv20032003
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, Cruisecrusader22 said:

What do you think it means by ‘EZ Air is fully protected’? Do you think this means they refund the airfare or move to the new dates for new cruise at no extra cost?

It means that if the new EZAir arrangements for the replacement trip are higher that Princess will absorb the cost.  And if they are lower you get a refund.  We've experienced the latter in years past.

• Like 3

I have seen a few reports about moveover offers for your cruise.  I wonder if they have another group of people that they are trying to accommodate on that sailing?  In any event it's perfectly fine to say ignore it / say no.  Hope you enjoy your special trip!

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, azbirdmom said:

I have seen a few reports about moveover offers for your cruise.  I wonder if they have another group of people that they are trying to accommodate on that sailing?  In any event it's perfectly fine to say ignore it / say no.  Hope you enjoy your special trip!

Thank you 😁, everyone is really looking forward to it.

I'm thinking the moveover offers must be a combination of contractors/workers having to stay onboard to work on the finishing touches longer than expected. And/or having to accommodate a group(s) as you stated.

• Like 1

The two cabins my family/friends are in on the 19th also got the same moveover offer - if it were closer to home, I think they would have jumped at it but at this point there are way too many moving parts to even think about cancelling/rearranging. My teen flies today...

One of the two cabins was booked as a guarantee since there were no rooms left to choose. Still no cabin assignment as of right now...

• Like 1

4 hours ago, azbirdmom said:
11 hours ago, Cruisecrusader22 said:

What do you think it means by ‘EZ Air is fully protected’? Do you think this means they refund the airfare or move to the new dates for new cruise at no extra cost?

It means that if the new EZAir arrangements for the replacement trip are higher that Princess will absorb the cost.  And if they are lower you get a refund.  We've experienced the latter in years past.

I upgraded my flight on UAL. Would they reimburse that as well? 

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, ceilidh1 said:

The two cabins my family/friends are in on the 19th also got the same moveover offer - if it were closer to home, I think they would have jumped at it but at this point there are way too many moving parts to even think about cancelling/rearranging. My teen flies today...

One of the two cabins was booked as a guarantee since there were no rooms left to choose. Still no cabin assignment as of right now...

One of our three cabins still shows guarantee status as well. Keep me posted if you get any updates on your guarantee cabin, I'll do the same.

Edited by Vinnyv20032003
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Ombud said:

I upgraded my flight on UAL. Would they reimburse that as well? 

I'm guessing no if you used EZAir and then paid United directly to upgrade.  However, if Princess really needs your cabin, they may just work with you on that if United won't refund it to you directly.  That would definitely be a question to ask in your response to the offer.  By the way I've been able to successfully get United to refund the upgrade amounts that I've paid for flights that I cancelled (most recently in January).  Technically United's answer is no to these refunds but I'm happy that they've been more generous than their written policy - and I hope it stays that way!

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, azbirdmom said:

Thankyou for this information azbirdmom, I am not expecting that they will still be doing these offers for my April 17 cruise but it is good to understand the details so a decision can be made quickly if they did.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Cruisecrusader22 said:

Thankyou for this information azbirdmom, I am not expecting that they will still be doing these offers for my April 17 cruise but it is good to understand the details so a decision can be made quickly if they did.

You're welcome.  By the way while not stated these offers generally protect port fees and Princess Vacation Protection as well.  That would be another question to ask if you are confronted with this option.  Decisions need to be made quickly when these deals are offered.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, memoak said:

It is possible that they have oversold the cruise. I would not want to have a guarantee on this one

It doesn't matter if you have a guarantee or not. They will find enough people. A friend got 3 cruises out of move over offer. They keep upping the offer.

• Like 1

On 3/13/2024 at 12:59 PM, Vinnyv20032003 said:

One of our three cabins still shows guarantee status as well. Keep me posted if you get any updates on your guarantee cabin, I'll do the same.

Just got a cabin assigned! Booked guarantee in a cove balcony and received a deluxe balcony on deck 17. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, ceilidh1 said:

Just got a cabin assigned! Booked guarantee in a cove balcony and received a deluxe balcony on deck 17. 

thanks for the update and congrats! Our friends were in the exact same situation as you. Booked Cove Balcony guarantee, received Deluxe Balcony deck 17. 😁

Enjoy!

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Vinnyv20032003 said:

thanks for the update and congrats! Our friends were in the exact same situation as you. Booked Cove Balcony guarantee, received Deluxe Balcony deck 17. 😁

Enjoy!

Now you have me wondering why those deck 17 deluxe balconies weren't booked? Lol. Are they duds? 😁

On 3/13/2024 at 2:05 PM, memoak said:

It is possible that they have oversold the cruise. I would not want to have a guarantee on this one

It was my understanding that some cabins were out of commission due to the flooding issues on the first cruise. Also, they may need cabins to accommodate workers who are working on the unfinished venues.

• Like 1