Edge Room for 4 people?

43 minutes ago, Southerngal410 said:

Anyone?! 

It's a very undesirable set up and I'm guessing very few have done it with 4 in the cabin.  I'd say your best bet is to look at photos on Google and look at the location of the sofa to give you an idea of what it will look like with it open as a bed, very crowded, not to mention the bathroom situation.

On 3/13/2024 at 4:54 PM, Southerngal410 said:

Does anyone have a picture of an Edge Stateroom with Infinite Verandah set up for 4 people? Wanting to see what it looks like

Go to either the cabin sticky at Cruise Critic or the Celebrity website.  The setups are the same on almost every cabin.  Either a drop down bed or a couch that folds out.

The infinite veranda makes no difference. 

IMO opinion I would rather stay home than take a free cruise with 4 in a veranda on any line.

• Like 1

On 3/13/2024 at 7:54 PM, Southerngal410 said:

Does anyone have a picture of an Edge Stateroom with Infinite Verandah set up for 4 people? Wanting to see what it looks like

Four adults in one room - it'll be so crowded you'll need to speak in abbreviations.

• Haha 1

Never saw one set up for 4..Just a  bed for 2 of us,  plus a very uncomfortable hard sofa..close to the floor it does not open to a bed!

Sofa is either by bthrm end  or the IV end..We have had both. and prefer the bed by the  bath,  but makes closet access tight!

When  it was set up for us in AQ with bed by the IV.. we had to keep the bi-folds open,  and dh would have to step onto IV floor get out of the bed on his IV side.   These  are long narrow cabins.. manageable for 2.

Maybe a SV would have more room!

Or just get 2 cabins for comfort!

A few years ago I cruised in a CS on the Edge with my wife and two teenagers.  I found THAT to be plenty crowded, and the CS is 2x the size of a standard cabin.  I wouldn't recommend doing the same in a standard cabin.  You're better off getting the IV and then booking a near inside cabin for the other 2.

7 hours ago, Marie51 said:

Sofa beds are never comfortable and the very thought of 4 in one cabin would make me stay home.

and ours was not a sofa bed or flip bed,  .more like a low to ground "divan"

Have you tried you tube?  I hear what people are saying about the number of adults but maybe it works for you.  I’ve traveled with 4 (2 adults and 2 preteens, due to Covid didn’t as teenagers) and people on here typically advocate for two rooms (even with kids.)  If I had to do two rooms and double the price, trips probably wouldn’t happen.  Never had an issue on a cruise with my kids in one room with me (and I admittedly haven’t done all adults.) Obviously, if you have unlimited funds (I don’t but lots of people seem to) and can do two rooms that would be preferable but hopefully you tube might have some video walkthroughs of rooms to help answer your initial question.

It would be better to get an inside cabin or outside cabin for two of them.   It can’t  be much more and would be a lot better.    Just the closet space and bath arrangements would be worth  any cost difference not to mention the sleeping arrangements of having a bed.  Don’t be penny wise and dollar foolish.   

Lay out a 8 ft by 16 ft room and imagine 4 people in that area. Too crowded for me.  

Happy cruising 🚢🇺🇸🌅

Look at some You Tube videos of the cabin and imagine the sofa with a adult sleeping on it and the other sleeping on a bed that pulls out from below the sofa.

Making it more challenging is that the closet is small. DH and I are rather light packers and have to hang 2 items (pants and shirt or skirt and blouse) on 1 hanger to get our hanging clothes in the closet.  

3 hours ago, miched said:

It would be better to get an inside cabin or outside cabin for two of them.   It can’t  be much more and would be a lot better.    Just the closet space and bath arrangements would be worth  any cost difference not to mention the sleeping arrangements of having a bed.  Don’t be penny wise and dollar foolish.   

Lay out a 8 ft by 16 ft room and imagine 4 people in that area. Too crowded for me.  

Happy cruising 🚢🇺🇸🌅

Am laughing as my truck camper "sleeps 4".  It is almost the same size as the cabin subtracting the bathrooms.  I did tell my DW if could work if they did it like in the Navy and hot bunked.  

6 hours ago, Arizona Wildcat said:

Am laughing as my truck camper "sleeps 4".  It is almost the same size as the cabin subtracting the bathrooms.  I did tell my DW if could work if they did it like in the Navy and hot bunked.  

Years ago we were at a RV show.   There was 30 ft travel trailer that slept 16.   I asked the salesperson what would you tow it with?   He said any full size car or truck.   I said what vehicle would carry 16 people?   The sleeping arrangements were ridiculous.   This pulled out,  that pulled down.  People were staked over and around each other.  The person at the back would have to enter first and etc.   if someone needed to get the the lav too bad.  I think they would have to crawl and climb over to get there.   Then think about all of the bedding, their clothing and the food.

We had a converted custom van like many people did in the 70’s.  They looked nice and seemed practical for traveling but one you put in the bedding,  clothing and anything else there wasn’t much space left.  Basically the outside at the camp ground was your living space.  The van was your bed and means of transportation.   It was rather awkward getting dressed but it was me, my wife, our 4 year old son, and 6 year old daughter. 

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅