The Fleet Report and Daily for Sunday March 17th, 2024

kazu

@Sharon in AZ, I’ll add to @bennybear’s great advice.  Your story about the heavy walker really hit home. 

Like you, I was very close with my mom — probably “the favorite.”  When it came to her end of life care I, like you, had physical limitations on how much I could do.  It was essential that I set my own boundaries.  That created conflict, and we weren’t as close in the end as we had always been.  Mom was just too unrealistic by that stage to understand limitations.  

it was a sad end of days for us.    Hopefully will go smoother for you.  As they say, the best you can do is all you can do.   Like @bennybearsaid, go with the flow.   There’s really no way to make the situation perfect.  

Now I never even think about this difficult period when thinking of my mom.  I just remember all the good stuff, when she was her true self.  Hang in there, Sharon.

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, AroundWithMAPTravels said:

I’ve gotta know… I am a Melanie too,  and also Magic McNaughty… what day of the month is your birthday?   (The day you joined Cc had me intrigued, as that day is my birthday)…

😁

Hello Melanie.  I was born on the 4th. 

• Like 5