The Fleet Report and Daily for Sunday March 17th, 2024

kazu

Good morning Dailyites from a 60 degree morning with showers possible. 

What a gully washer it was during the night! Lightning and big booms of thunder, sending poor Oliver under the blankets and holding onto me for dear life. And I noticed about 7:15 our sprinklers going off, so ran and turned them off, forgetting Sunday was our 1 watering day.

image.png.b77acee968528d3f06a9462fb31a292a.png

image.png.73ec6217ba7e920097ac9b91ebfa68e1.png

And a happy St Patrick's day to all celebrating. 

Sending Bon Voyage, Happy Birthday, and Happy Anniversary greetings to our Daily friends. 

I fell asleep last night before I finished my prayers, and woke up this morning knowing exactly where I left off. Repeated prayers for our friends here, and our loved ones. I hope Tana has a better day coping with her oxygen. 

Debbie, I love Guinness stew! We aren't crazy about corned beef, but I make the stew even out of season. Creamy and delicious!

image.png.043c35bdb0d81ea923784008441347a4.png

Wishing all a blessed day. Know you are loved. 

• Like 24
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 1

Good morning and happy St. Patrick’s Day everyone from a cool, rainy Boston.  Three nice days to celebrate today.  Funny quote, I’m sure it’s a joke though.  I’ll skip the meal suggestion, when we made it last year the corned beef was so salty it ruined the dish.  I’d definitely have the drink though.  We’ve been to today’s port and enjoyed the beaches, no photos though.  Prayers for those on our prayer list.  Cheers to those folks who are celebrating happy events!

• Like 25

☘️ Top O’ the Morning!  ☘️

I grew up with an Irish mother and an Irish name!  St Paddy’s Day was very important!   In recent years I had fun delicious St Patrick’s Day dinner parties for neighbors and fire department friends …. one year I made 5 corned beefs and 10 lbs of potatoes.  Guests brought enough beer and Guinness to last us a year!  It’s been sweet to hear happy memories of these fun times this week from some of my old mountain friends!  ☘️

🛳️🍾 Bon Voyage Kathi @Scrapnana I am absolutely thrilled you are cruising!!  🌈🎆  

We were invited to join a couple for dinner today whom we met at a church service here. It’ll be extra fun with the St Patrick’s Day menu..  lots of options including fish and chips!  and of course corned beef and cabbage, plus the “always available” selections. I’m very glad to meet some new people here!    

Younger Granddaughter and her new husband visited yesterday.  Always a joy to be with them - young love, youthful enthusiasm and of course their precious help with media🤣 !!  It’s very caring of them to make the visit, and they were rewarded with not only dinner but the lemon meringue pie from pi day!  Lucky them. 

DH’s eye pressure we’re back to more expected numbers, 🙏 thankfully!  We’re waiting for them to stabilize and then climb a bit so they can open the next suture, but can’t make that next step with the pressure so very low as it just was…. one day at a time!  Maybe they can leave that suture permanently?  I guess they’ll tell us when the timing gets here. 

I do love a rum punch on vacation!  Thanks for the Antiqua pix and memories @StLouisCruisers

Lots of history to celebrate too!  

Blessings to all in need of healing, comfort or hope! 
Terry, one more day this weekend…. an hour at a time!  🤗. Melissa too! ❤️

🍾 Happy 63rd Anniversary @irishjim and Sheila, never enough anniversaries!  🎉

Here’s my mom’s favorite Irish Blessing!  Have a blessed day everyone!  

IMG_2320.thumb.jpeg.336ae50f4c672a0c9af9c64791360ade.jpeg

☘️Maureen 🍀

• Like 28
  • Thanks 2

49 minutes ago, marshhawk said:

I will get a refresh my memory class tomorrow, one on one with Mark.  But yesterday I spilled coffee on my computer, and basically killed the keyboard. All for the love of cats.  So who knows if I will be doing any work at all.  The Director of Operations was my original boss years ago, he has been promoted well, and earned every promotion.  I texted him and he said he would have one mailed to me.  One what I know not, keyboard or computer?  I'm hoping for computer.  \

That’s great either way that they will send you a new one. 👍 

49 minutes ago, marshhawk said:

I do appreciate it's St. Gertrude of Nivelles, thank you for that @kazu.  I wonder if I can order that pendant and wear it.  

Annie, the meme comes from an original work of art aby Cole Clark - King of Mice Studios.  It might be a good place to start to see if there is a pendant available.

59 minutes ago, ottahand7 said:

Prayers for the NM State Trooper who died just for giving a guy a hand.  

That is so sad. 😢  Prayers for the trooper and their family 🙏 

• Like 19
  • Thanks 1

🍀🍀Happy St Patrick's Day🍀🍀

Camp Fires helped build confidence and skills for a lot of girls. If only the quote were true😉 Pass on the meal and drink, yes to the wine, not been to the port. Important days in history.

Today is a trip to the pet store since it rained too much yesterday to get out. Little Puppy 🐶 didn't mind - she enjoyed her brothers food, but we did not enjoy her rooting tooting after 🙄

The cake @richwmn posted from Volendam is beautiful! HAL sure has a talented group of pastry chefs.

Currently 55° headed to 66° with rain holding off until Wed PM 🤞

Prayers and positive thoughts for all. 🙏

20240317_084323.thumb.jpg.56c056c47440f456047553443647f364.jpg

• Like 24

Good afternoon.

We have just got home.

Pauline has been sad so I took her away for 4 nights at a lovely hotel in the English Lake District.

We are going to listen to Father David's sermon now.

• Like 19

Posted (edited)

I have a little Irish ancestry but it's from the North so we won't talk about it today. My mother was a Camp Fire Girl.

Corned beef and cabbage are probably not in my immediate future. I think that the punch needs more rum, or something. For the wine, Fulkerson's Bourbon Barrel Syrah. I have been at St. John's but did not set foot on Antigua--that was in January when I was ill and didn't leave the ship.

I was awake for several hours in the middle of the night, so I'm not functioning well.

Shamrockshakes.jpg.e7d24a10644a6129ce443f12f7868dcc.jpg

Edited by kochleffel
  • Like 10
  • Haha 15

Posted (edited)

🍀 🍺  HAPPY ST. PATRICK'S DAY!  🍺  🍀

Good morning from a sunny and only slightly breezy Quartzsite.  It was 43F when I got up and is is now 46F.  We're heading to a high of 69F this afternoon, but the clouds will be moving back in.  The weather app is showing only a slight chance of rain, but the weather on the Phoenix stations last night showed rain for the next two days.  I guess we'll just have to wait and see what happens.

We did not have Camp Fire Girls in our town, but many of the smaller rural communities in west Texas had Camp Fire Girls.  We trust our PCP and his physicians assistant, and I think they trust us.  Sadly, we've had a couple of doctors who we did not trust; so we changed doctors.  We both like corned beef and cabbage, but I am not preparing it today, because of too much leftovers, and I'm trying to use up some of the food in the freezer.

I like the Dave Barry quote and wish it was true.  My DD DSIL had a theory that broken cookies did not have calories as they all leaked out.  That one I really wish was true.

Instead of corned beef and cabbage, we'll be having Rueben sandwiches tonight.  We'll still have the corned beef and the cabbage in the form of sauerkraut.  The drink would be nice on a warm day on an open deck at sailaway.  We'll pass on the pricey wine. 

We have been to St. Johns, Antigua, twice.  Once was in the pre-digital age and once was in 2015 the same cruise as Sandi @StLouisCruisers.

Wow, four important days in history to celebrate.

@marshhawk  Annie, I'm sorry about your keyboard.  It's good you got the mirror down before it fell.

@RMLincoln  Maureen, that is good news your DH's eye pressure has settled back down.  I'm glad the newlyweds could help with the media.  I love the Irish blessing.  There are a lot of Irish ancestors on my side of the family, and a few on DH's side.

@Haljo1935  Elizabeth, when our dogs did their rooting tooting, we called it SBDs -- silent but deadly.

@ottahand7  Nancy, thanks for letting us know the NM state trooper who was killed.  Such a senseless waste.

@grapau27  Graham, I'm glad you took Pauline to the Lake District, and I hope it helped her feel better.

By the way, I'm Easy Lucky and DH is Smiley Rainbow.  From our birth month, we're both Pot O Gold.

431317555_877961327464610_462468194219809317_n.thumb.jpg.bbaf6ea7d69f9fe8075129df193c3137.jpg

428697325_879628480631228_2781408328914365830_n.jpg.fc9572669eceef5538e3a14aa4f29c6a.jpg

431112067_877413804186029_2880220652992573093_n.jpg.9e238214a83bfc6a675327dd8ef52199.jpg

431259730_876877190906357_6077582294208007182_n.jpg.fa93b6c3b5a0cc932c7de18907f27132.jpg

429880000_879078684019541_2764667554459693725_n.jpg.ece8d9e821c0f15394d585b3230b6ab5.jpg

Lenda

Edited by Quartzsite Cruiser
  • Like 10
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 15

22 minutes ago, StLouisCruisers said:

Busily working on my cross stitching and some laundry but want to repost the St. Patrick's Day celebration tree.  Thanks for the link to Father David's sermon today Graham @grapau27.  ☘️

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhG

Lovely tree Sandi.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1