AquaClass vs Sweet Sixteen on Summit

I'm torn. Booking three cabins next to each other on Summit (Southern Caribbean itinerary) for myself/wife, and then each of the two adult kids. I can get three Sweet Sixteen rooms next to each other, so much bigger balconies, but the balcony partitions don't open. Or three AquaClass rooms next to each other, smaller balconies, but the partitions open. The difference in price is not a factor. So, what would you do?

I would go for Aqua for

1. Blu

2. Cabins are about 20 sq st larger

3. Blu

4. More CC points

5. Blu.

Sweet 16 have larger balcony but just 2 chairs and table for us that means the extra         space had little value. and they but way way far forward. 

I'd go with Aqua because of the extra space in the rooms and Blu. The open partitions, the extra CC points, and the Persian Garden access would be bonuses.

The Summit is a sentimental favorite for me, but I don't like how few specialty restaurants it has. Blu helps to make up for that by offering more variety (you can order from the MDR menu as well as the Blu menu), a nicer ambience than the MDR, and excellent service.

I would choose sweet 16, but I’m the outlier. I’m not a Blu fan, and I thought the M class Persian Garden was disappointing compared to S class. I’m a balcony person, so more balcony real estate would be the attraction for me.

Summit AQ deck 11 aft. It’s above the sunset bar, but not much noise. You get the larger balcony and wake views to go along with Blu and Persian garden.

• Like 1

Aqua definitely.  How far away is this cruise?  if you could get 3 of the stern cabins on deck 11, it would be fabulous.  These go quickly and there are only 5 of them.  You also get 2 extra loyalty points/day if you choose AQ over a regular balcony.  Enjoy your cruise.

We did a Sweet 6 cabin some years ago & it was unusable...large water puddles on the floor at all times. Fully covered, not private as cabin above us looked over us. (covered just our 2 decks).

Loved Aqua when we did it--no contest, imo.

Just remember only Aqua on deck 11 have the partitions that open as those cabins were added.  AQ on deck 9 don't open.  If you are a Captains Club member you can book the A1 on deck 11 at the A2 price.

• Like 1

Just to close the loop on this. After all your great suggestions, we opted to move from the Sweet Sixteen rooms to the AquaClass Deck 11, so that we could have the balconies connect, and to give us Blu and spa (my wife loves using the sauna). Based on wrk2cruise's suggestion about booking the A1s at the A2s rate, I was not aware that you could get a one cabin level upgrade as a Captain's Club member, so I went and looked that up. Here is where it gets interesting. The first time I called, the rep was going to do the one cabin level upgrade, but I didn't have my son's Captain Club number handy (he's one of the cabins), so I had to drop the call and call back. After I got the Captain Club number, the second rep refused to do the one cabin level upgrade because according to her "I was not making the initial booking". Which, when you read the terms and cons, is technically true. So, I dropped that call and waited a day. Called back today and was able to complete the change including the one cabin level upgrade (saving a few hundred bucks for each cabin). So, thanks for all the advice and tips, and this just shows that different reps will give you different results.

• Like 4