Full suite Room Service

resordanis

Posted (edited)

Hi-

I'm pretty sure my last cruise (in a suite) in August 2023, they had the dining room menus loaded on the TV system.  I think you might be able to order from the dining room that way.

Don't know about delivery charges.

Edited by SDWalt
  • Like 1

Not sure if we have gotten lucky but the last cruise, a little over 5 months ago on the Sapphire & the one we are on right now , the Emerald , we were not charged the $5 .When I ordered lunch over the phone from the Main Dining Room, I asked if they were going to charge the $5 when ordering over the phone.  The guy said No, as long as we were only ordering from the Main Dining room menu & not the regular room service menu since we are in a full suite & it’s one of the perks of being in a suite.  It sounded like this has been asked before.   When we were on the Sapphire I never asked & I figured there would be that $5 charge about 10 times , since that was the sea days. We always order lunch & eat lunches on the balcony.  But we never got charged.  

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Ronnieslady said:

Not sure if we have gotten lucky but the last cruise, a little over 5 months ago on the Sapphire & the one we are on right now , the Emerald , we were not charged the $5 .When I ordered lunch over the phone from the Main Dining Room, I asked if they were going to charge the $5 when ordering over the phone.  The guy said No, as long as we were only ordering from the Main Dining room menu & not the regular room service menu since we are in a full suite & it’s one of the perks of being in a suite.  It sounded like this has been asked before.   When we were on the Sapphire I never asked & I figured there would be that $5 charge about 10 times , since that was the sea days. We always order lunch & eat lunches on the balcony.  But we never got charged.  

Now that sounds sensible, fingers crossed for me.

38 minutes ago, happy42cruise said:

I would think if you ask for a kettle for a medical reason they should provide one for you. If you have any issues ask your concierge, especially if you are far from the concierge lounge.

Definitely far from the lounge so will talk to the Concierge. Thank you

13 hours ago, SDWalt said:

Hi-

I'm pretty sure my last cruise (in a suite) in August 2023, they had the dining room menus loaded on the TV system.  I think you might be able to order from the dining room that way.

Don't know about delivery charges.

You can see the menu but it will not include the “extra “ entree in Reserve dining and I have never seen an option to order from the TV

• Like 1

You will pay $4.99 per order if you don't have the $14.99 ocean now package. The exception is afternoon high tea and the mini bar exchange. I was in a full suite in Dec and the charge was indeed $4.99. Full suites lost this perk of included room service to make extra perks for those willing to pay for it. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, cruzsnooze said:

You will pay $4.99 per order if you don't have the $14.99 ocean now package. The exception is afternoon high tea and the mini bar exchange. I was in a full suite in Dec and the charge was indeed $4.99. Full suites lost this perk of included room service to make extra perks for those willing to pay for it. 

What ship was that?

• Like 1

Just now, candy4040 said:

I thought if you had the plus package there was no additional charge for room service delivery.  

There is not. Plus and premier packages waive any room service charges unless you are talking about a beverage only package 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, candy4040 said:

I thought if you had the plus package there was no additional charge for room service delivery.  

We have the old plus package.

1 hour ago, candy4040 said:

That is correct, for any Plus or Premier Cruise Package purchased after December 14, 2022 (or easier, if bought at the current $60/80usd pricing). If bought at the $50 or $40usd price for Plus, no - it does not include room service delivery, Ocean Now, juice bar, casual dining, desserts, exercise classes or medallion shipping.... 

10 hours ago, cruzsnooze said:

What ship was that?

On 3/23/2024 at 10:22 AM, reedprincess said:

If you paid $30 or $50usd for your Plus Cruise Package, then room service delivery fee and Ocean Now activation fee is not included.  Room category makes no difference..

Room Service delivery is $5 per order when using the phone, and Ocean Now activation fee is $14.99 one time. If one of you activates Ocean Now, you can use that for delivery anywhere on the ship including to your cabin - however, you can't use it to order from the MDR as that's not coded into the Ocean Now delivery system. You have to call room service, this incurring the $5 charge. 

Or, upgrade to include all the extra items, including room service, ocean Now, medallion shipping, casual dining, juice bar, and so forth. 

We sailed 2 months ago with the $50. Plus package in a suite. Never paid a fee. and we ordered by phone for coffee & pastry every morning because we were up at 5 am & the menu you hang on the door did not start delivery that early.

6 hours ago, resordanis said:

We have the old plus package.

I find this odd that so many seemed to be charged.

We said 3 times this past year on  the Crown , Royal & Regal.

All with the old Plus package & never charged for room service.

Guest Snaxmuppet
41 minutes ago, Shippy said:

I find this odd that so many seemed to be charged.

We said 3 times this past year on  the Crown , Royal & Regal.

All with the old Plus package & never charged for room service.

But you were meant to be IMO.