Vision moving to Norfolk?

Just now, Ourusualbeach said:

Had not seen any e mails.  Have e mails actually gone out to guests?

Yes, we got ours at 455 pm and others have reported and posted them on FB.

Interesting they decided on Norfolk over Bayonne. Staff were telling guests on the Vision they expected Bayonne. Maybe it's cheaper to go to Norfolk and bus people from there instead of Bayonne?

1 minute ago, BND said:

Yes, we got ours at 455 pm and others have reported and posted them on FB.

None were posted here.  Kind if surprised that they aren't.  They usually are pretty good about offering the option to cancel when there are major changes. 

1 minute ago, Ourusualbeach said:

None were posted here.  Kind if surprised that they aren't.  They usually are pretty good about offering the option to cancel when there are major changes. 

About Your Upcoming Travels
space

Dear Guest,

We’re excited to welcome you onboard Vision of the Seas for our April 12th, 2024, sailing! Before we set sail, we have some very important updates to share with you.

After the recent bridge collapse, Baltimore will not be prepared to safely embark guests on April 12th, 2024. After exploring all options, Norfolk, Virginia was the best temporary alternate home port for Vision on the Seas. Unfortunately, we will need to shorten our cruise by one day and return to Norfolk on April 19th, 2024, instead of coming home on the April 20th, 2024. Additionally, as a result of the time and distance impact, we need to skip our visit to Nassau, Bahamas. We’re terribly sorry for the unexpected change, your safety is always our highest priority. Below, please find our revised Vision of the Seas April 12th, 2024, itinerary.

RTFImage_6605d6f3ce33051965ededbe.PNG

Check-In

All guests must proceed directly to the Port of Norfolk to check-in for your cruise. Space in the terminal can only accommodate a specific number of guests, so it’s critical that you adhere to your arrival time! Check-in will be from 12:30 PM – 3:30 PM. All guests should be checked in and onboard by 4:00 PM. So, please arrive no later than 3:30 PM. Please see the address below.

One Waterside Drive, Norfolk, Virginia, 23510

Flights & Travel

• Guests with booked flights and/or transfers through Royal Caribbean International that have been impacted will have arrangements rescheduled for them automatically.  
    • Our teams will provide you with your updated transfer details.
  • If you’ve pre-purchased your air and transfers independently, please reach out to your carrier to arrange alternate accommodations.  
    • If you currently have pre-scheduled transportation for your arrival (such as a flight, train ticket, or rental car) and incur a change fee, we will cover up to $200 USD per person for domestic changes or up to $400 USD per person for international changes.
    • Any new travel that you may need to purchase (flights, bus, train, or mileage) we will reimburse up to $200 USD.
    • Please send your receipts to RoyalGuestRelations@rccl.com for review and reimbursement.

Compensation Details

• To make up for this last-minute change, we’re providing you with an Onboard Credit(OBC) for the adjusted itinerary.
    • $75 USD for Interior
    • $100 USD for Ocean View staterooms
    • $200 USD for Balcony staterooms
    • $250 USD for Suites
    • $25 USD for 3rd or more guests
  • Additionally, we will provide:
    • A refund for any pre-purchased Royal Caribbean shore excursions for Nassau.
    • A one-day pro-rated refund for any packages that are charged daily (ex. Beverage, VOOM, and Dining Packages)
    • Guests who pre-paid gratuities will receive a 1-day pro-rated refund as an OBC.

Please note, these Onboard Credits can be used anywhere onboard, and any remaining, refundable amounts at the end of our sailing will be reimbursed to your card on file in up to 14 business days.

Loyalty

You'll receive loyalty points for the original sail nights, instead of the nights sailed.

Thank you for your understanding and cooperation. We look forward to welcoming you onboard Vision of the Seas!

Sincerely,

Aurora Yera-Rodriguez
AVP | Guest Experience
Royal Caribbean International

• Like 4

space

Dear Guest,

We’re excited to welcome you onboard Vision of the Seas for our April 4th, 2024, sailing! Before we set sail, we have some very important updates to share with you.

After the recent bridge collapse, Baltimore will not be prepared to safely embark guests on April 4th, 2024. After exploring all options, Norfolk, Virginia was the best temporary alternate home port for Vision of the Seas. We’re terribly sorry for the unexpected change, your safety is always our highest priority. Please see our revised Vision of the Seas April 4th, 2024, itinerary below.

RTFImage_6605d5c9ce33051965ededbd.PNG

Check-In

All guests must proceed directly to the Port of Norfolk to check-in for our cruise. Space in the terminal can only accommodate a specific number of guests, so it’s critical that you adhere to your arrival time! Check-in will be from 12:30 PM – 3:30 PM. All guests should be checked in and onboard by 4:00 PM. So, please arrive no later than 3:30 PM. Please see the address below.

Flights & Travel

• Guests who booked flights and/or transfers through Royal Caribbean International that have been impacted will have arrangements rescheduled for them automatically.
    • Our teams will provide you with your updated transfer details via email.
  • If you’ve pre-purchased your air and transfers independently, please reach out to your carrier to arrange alternate accommodations.  
    • If you currently have pre-scheduled transportation for your arrival (such as a flight, train ticket, or rental car) and incur a change fee, we will cover up to $200 USD per person for domestic changes or up to $400 USD per person for international changes. 
    • Any new travel that you may need to purchase (flights, bus, train, or mileage) we will reimburse up to $200 USD.
    • Please send your receipts to RoyalGuestRelations@rccl.com for review and reimbursement.

Thank you for your understanding and cooperation. We look forward to welcoming you onboard Vision of the Seas!

Sincerely,

Aurora Yera-Rodriguez
AVP | Guest Experience

space
  • Like 3

5 minutes ago, BND said:
space

Dear Guest,

We’re excited to welcome you onboard Vision of the Seas for our April 4th, 2024, sailing! Before we set sail, we have some very important updates to share with you.

After the recent bridge collapse, Baltimore will not be prepared to safely embark guests on April 4th, 2024. After exploring all options, Norfolk, Virginia was the best temporary alternate home port for Vision of the Seas. We’re terribly sorry for the unexpected change, your safety is always our highest priority. Please see our revised Vision of the Seas April 4th, 2024, itinerary below.

RTFImage_6605d5c9ce33051965ededbd.PNG

Check-In

All guests must proceed directly to the Port of Norfolk to check-in for our cruise. Space in the terminal can only accommodate a specific number of guests, so it’s critical that you adhere to your arrival time! Check-in will be from 12:30 PM – 3:30 PM. All guests should be checked in and onboard by 4:00 PM. So, please arrive no later than 3:30 PM. Please see the address below.

Flights & Travel

• Guests who booked flights and/or transfers through Royal Caribbean International that have been impacted will have arrangements rescheduled for them automatically.
    • Our teams will provide you with your updated transfer details via email.

Sincerely,

Aurora Yera-Rodriguez
AVP | Guest Experience

space

Really surprised they are not offering a one day refund of the cruise fare fir the Aptil 12 sailing. 

• Like 4
  • Haha 3

1 minute ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Really surprised they are not offering a one day refund of the cruise fare fir the Aptil 12 sailing. 

They are giving OBC. Read down the 12 April email.

I'm crossing my fingers that they will reimburse a hotel night for after the cruise.  Now just need to find out what to do in Norfolk.

10 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

You get a whopping $75 if you booked a inside cabin for missing the extra day. Kinda chintzy. At .east balconys get $200 obc.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

yes I saw thst but that should should cover the missed port not yhe fact yhe cruise was shortened. 

Isn't that the same thing?

32 minutes ago, zebra36 said:

Disappointed with this choice. Will have to think about even going and just eat the cruise fare.

Come on, ya gotta cruise while ya can!! Eat cruise and be merry! Life’s short!

19 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

yes I saw thst but that should should cover the missed port not yhe fact yhe cruise was shortened. 

Fine print, offering up to $200 for change of plans to include mileage.

I am traveling from New Jersey. I will document my additional mileage both to and from Baltimore to Norfolk. I accept that I am responsible for my original mileage to Baltimore back and forth.

I will present receipts for my motel from the night before since I do not want to wake up at 4am in the morning to arrive at noon, too exhausting and too many variables.

Not aligned with this post but a little disappointed that Royal does not seem to display any accommodations approaching the real cost of changing the port for me.

I have to flex. I will flex.

Not a good feeling going into my cruise.

I think the bean counters have won the battle but Royal will lose the war of experienced cruisers second guessing more cruises with them.

I can not claim any of the expenses on my travel insurance because Royal has not cancelled the cruise and my insurance does not start until midnight of the day I travel for the original cruise.

Happy they did not cancel the cruise but unhappy about all the other little things.

Regards.

• Like 4

36 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

You normally only get port fees and taxes back for a missed port.  OBC is more than that.  We're fine with it.  There are people upset that we're missing Nassau and still going to Charleston.  Charleston is much nicer lol. 

24 minutes ago, Skydome1 said:

Just got an email from RC. They are going to use the Norfolk Cruise Terminal. Boarding is from 1230-1530. 

Scroll up a bit. I posted the emails for 4 and 12 April.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

I'm surprised too. It seems inconsistent to me. I was on Anthem last year when it had propulsion problems, and RCL cancelled a port. We still got the DAY, just not the port. We got 1/7th of our cruise fare back as refundable OBC. You would think that cutting a whole day off would get more OBC not less.

Or maybe RCL figured out that they were being too generous with Anthem. I can't say that I blame them. That was super generous, and I was a happy clam.

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, toad455 said:

I'm guessing the second cruise is ending a day early because the Carnival ship has the pier on April 20? 

Nope.  Legend leaves for a TA on 15 April.  Read the email I posted.  It says why they are ending it a day early.

2 minutes ago, BND said:

Nope.  Legend leaves for a TA on 15 April.  Read the email I posted.  It says why they are ending it a day early.

Does it? It says they need to, but not why. Am I missing something?

• Like 4