Timing of ship exit at port?

Welcome to Cruise Critic!

Certainly no later than 7:30, but most times that docking time is the time they are actually ready to start letting people off. So, if you are scheduling something at the port,  use 7:30.

Welcome to CC.

The important word in your question is 'docks'.  Certainly, as CruiserBruce states, in most cases you should be on dry land by 7.30, but if it happens to be a 'tender port' then it will take a lot longer.  Check your itinerary just to be certain that you do 'dock' at all ports.

• Like 1

I shouldn’t think immigration will play into it.  If you are sailing from a Med. port, you will already have been cleared by immigration when you entered that country.  Since chances are all of your stops will be in Schengen countries, no need for immigration.  EM

I'm not sure if you are referring to each of the ports during the cruise, or at the end, for disembarcation, but in either case, much would depend on whether you are entitled to "priority" status, i.e., you have booked a RC excursion that leaves at an early time, or RC shuttle to the airport at the end, etc. In many cases, those without priority must wait til all the others have been cleared.  I would hesitate to say you can assume you'd be able to step off the ship shortly after she docks.

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

Thanks all! 

We will be on Oasis of the Seas (i think ~ 4000 people) and the port I was questioning was Civitavecchia (Rome), because I was going to arrange for private transport to rome for that day. According to booking ppwk, the ship "docks" at 7am. 

This is all very helpful!! Appreciate the community of cruisers as this is our first cruise and we have no idea what to expect! 😄

Edited by FirsttimecruiserRC2024

It used to be with a 7:00am arrival you could expect to be able to get off around 7:30am. However we've noticed on our last few cruises docking at 6:00am it's been 7:30am.

So it seems like disembarking (self assist) has been getting later. But again this can and does vary depending on number of passengers and port,

• Thanks 1

Keep in mind the folks who provide transportation deal with this every single day and know better than anyone what time people have been getting off ships. 

• Thanks 1

20 hours ago, FirsttimecruiserRC2024 said:

Thanks all! 

We will be on Oasis of the Seas (i think ~ 4000 people) and the port I was questioning was Civitavecchia (Rome), because I was going to arrange for private transport to rome for that day. According to booking ppwk, the ship "docks" at 7am. 

This is all very helpful!! Appreciate the community of cruisers as this is our first cruise and we have no idea what to expect! 😄

Given that you are arranging private transport, ask the vendor.  They should have experience picking up passengers at the port.  In fact, many of them will ask you which ship your are on when booking the reservation and advise you what time to book (and not leave you if you are late).

• Thanks 1

On 3/30/2024 at 10:07 AM, FirsttimecruiserRC2024 said:

this is our first cruise and we have no idea what to expect! 😄

Bon voyage.

You're going to have a great time.  I am envious.

• Like 1