Jim_Iain - B2B Sydney - Honolulu - Vancouver

Jim_Iain

So glad you are taking another cruise shortly

. I was beginning to worry, I had not seen any new trip reports  from you.

I do not have a cruise booked till fall of 2025 so  love my virtual vacations reading trip reports. Your is always a favorite of mine. 

• Like 1

So happy to see this!  I've been waiting impatiently for another one of your adventures!  Also, from your signature looks like you've been keeping your TA busy and happy!

Have a wonderful time!

Claudia

• Like 1

I believe you will have Captain Matt Returning to helm these voyages.   He is one of the BEST Captains Celebrity has....Serious captain, Great sense of Humour and a gentleman.  He will be at your Zenith Meals etc, it is important to him and he believes in Celebrity.  I have done this cruise many many times and it is a favourite....ENJOY!  

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, cruiseerf said:

I believe you will have Captain Matt Returning to helm these voyages.   He is one of the BEST Captains Celebrity has....Serious captain, Great sense of Humour and a gentleman.  He will be at your Zenith Meals etc, it is important to him and he believes in Celebrity.  I have done this cruise many many times and it is a favourite....ENJOY!  

Captain Matt is the captain on Edge. They are on Solstice

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

While I'm a strong swimmer,  Iain isn't and got caught in a  rip current on the barrier reef and it really scared him.  

My son had that happen to him in Mexico, scary for sure.

17 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

Wow------ Just got back from my walk and finally just got through reading all your messages.   I'll start working on Page two later.

Thanks to everyone that are joining in what should really be a fun Possible Video and Photo VLOG.      For some reason I've always hated that  term -- VLOG. 

VLOG reminds me of how students were disciplined in my Catholic school.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

We are new to X having just done our first in February. Looking forward to following along on your fabulous trip! You have quite a following. Wishing you a safe and fun-filled journey!!!

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
21 hours ago, Provence55always said:

Happy cruising from Ireland. What an amazing adventure hope you both have a fabulous time. Love following along and always find your honest approach very helpful……you say it like it is but in a very respectful way👍

Welcome to my friend from Ireland.   We lived in Ballsbridge, Dublin  for 4 years while I was Managing Director of company there.   We really loved it there at at times thought about staying after my assignment came to an end.    Balsbridge was an amazing part of Dublin but when Van Morrison moved in next door we  we decided to move to Black Rock.   I'll just say he and Michelle Rocca lived a different life style than us.   

Edited by Jim_Iain
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

21 hours ago, maggie.1008 said:

We arrive in Honolulu on April 25th. Cruise from Honolulu to Vancouver on the 27th on Explora Journeys cruise ship. I will be following another great review from you. 
cheers, Heather 

Thanks much Maggie... you will have to post about Explora Journeys    We are open to all cruise lines now.

20 hours ago, txtechmk said:

Looking forward to this great adventure.....looks like an amazing cruise!  Enjoy!

Thanks much for joining. I forgot to mention that on my Live Post all are welcome and nothing is off topic.    I only ask people respect each  other an have a good time.

• Like 3

20 hours ago, Travelexpert35 said:

I’m so ready for this. I was wondering when you were going to post.

Just got back from my 5 mile walk and it’s sunny and 45F so not bad for my neck of the woods. 

Have a fabulous trip and I’m looking forward to reading all about your adventures.

It's funny.   Last night Iain said.   Wow -  It's been over 3 months since we have been on a cruise. 

• Haha 9

20 hours ago, portofrome said:

I'm ready to follow you on this wonderful crossing. Enjoy your cruise!

Thanks for coming aboard.    I have a bunch of catching up this morning.

20 hours ago, lola2013 said:

Bon Voyage…we fly from ORD to FLL early tomorrow morning to begin a B2B on Silhouette this Thursday.  Maybe some day when I retire I can do an epic adventure like you.

Have a great trip.

Susan 😎

Susan, I hope you have a great time.   Silhouette is one of our favorite trips.     You may have better weather than what's I've seen for our arrival.  Will update after I check todays forecast.  From yesterday's forecast we may be boarding the Ark.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

20 hours ago, champagnecruiser said:

Looking forward to following your new adventure!

Enjoy your trip!

19 hours ago, dctravel said:

Looking forward to following along!

19 hours ago, bluwes said:

Another Jim and Iain travel escapade.Following along

18 hours ago, Altamar said:

Yay another great adventure, have fun you two!

Thank's for everyone joining.   I can tell already this is going to be a fun thread.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Ciaranaman said:

Your original post is only 4 hrs old and already page 2!!!  Loved the video!  And that itinerary looks amazing!  I'm looking forward to following along with your adventures and anticipating the amazing pics that I know will be attached 📸

~Bernadette

Bernadette -

Thanks for bringing up the Itinerary.   Here's the Official Itinerary.   After the terrible fire in Maui last year they dropped Lahina and we now have 2 nights in Honolulu

image.png.a8e164c25e301c6e3a5c51b6d47974ff.png

image.png.cbd96ac8001395c0f97e9964d060a471.png

• Like 12

18 hours ago, upwarduk said:

I think the mistake is the date in the video.

You say you are off on your adventure on 4 th April, but the video says 9th April.

OK... OK... now two mistakes...The dateline is really screwing me up -  We fly on April 3 but dont' arrive until April 5 ----- There is no April 4th for us.

The main one is on the video Lautoka and Suva, Fiji are shown as TWO islands and they are actually on the same island.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, kabmab said:

Excited  to follow you and Iains' latest adventure!  Best wishes for smooth sailing and a wonderful trip.  We head out two weeks from today on the Ascent TA from Ft. Lauderdale to Barcelona.  Eagerly anticipating!

We really love Eastbound Trans Atlantic.    Barcelona should be beautiful in the Spring.  

We are going to enjoy Sydney in the beginning of fall.   Discovered yesterday that Day Light Savings Time begins on April 6.    I'm sure they did that on purpose to further screw up our trying to figure what day and time our body is on.

• Like 2
  • Haha 5

Mentioned  bit early that we may be boarding the Arc.   I hope the forecast doesn't get worse. When I first checked over the weekend, they were forecasting 1 1/4 inch of rain on our arrival on Friday.   Latest below. 

Our AirBnB wont' be available until 2PM and with an 8AM arrival we are probably going to hang out in a Coffee Shop after dropping our luggage.   We were hoping to meet with friends Wanda and Glen, they are on Edge which will be doing a B2B turn around on Friday.    That may be in jeopardy if it is really stormy.

image.thumb.png.6d098f73a7949d87c667c1416619c947.png

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

Thanks for a new cruise report which I really like to follow and which is a perfect appetizer for our first transatlantic cruise on the Silhoutte in 3 weeks :classic_smile:.

Regards from Germany 

Christine 

47 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

when Van Morrison moved in next door we  we decided to move to Black Rock.   I'll just say he and Michelle Rocca lived a different life style than us.   

A little to "Into The Mystic"?

• Haha 2