Silhouette “alcove” cabanas… dress code, activities

Hi all, we have been on Silhouette in the past and never paid much attention to the Lawn Club. For our upcoming cruise we have a port day where we are planning to stay on the ship and we’re considering renting an alcove. On CC website it makes a big deal about the smart casual dress code, including no shorts…? It seems weird to sit outside all day in long pants. Is there anything to do up there? Or should we just plan to spend the day at the pool. TIA for any insight!

For some unknown reason the cabanas are under dining in their system so it automatically gives the dining dress code.

Pool attire is fine, as are shorts.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Sharon1313 said:

Hi all, we have been on Silhouette in the past and never paid much attention to the Lawn Club. For our upcoming cruise we have a port day where we are planning to stay on the ship and we’re considering renting an alcove. On CC website it makes a big deal about the smart casual dress code, including no shorts…? It seems weird to sit outside all day in long pants. Is there anything to do up there? Or should we just plan to spend the day at the pool. TIA for any insight!

Wear what you like...I did one on the Equinox on a port day...loved it. It was quiet, I could nap and read and nosh...I thought it was much better than pool side. Don't know what they offer on your cruise, but I got a bottle of vodka (Grey Goose) and there was a menu of included food stuff...there was also a dedicated person taking care of the 'alcoves'...

It was a very pleasant day... 

I did it twice in my last silhouette sailing.  It was wonderful.   Huge fruit and cheese platter, free bottle of champagne and drink service.  Would definitely do it again if it works out.  Don’t need to get it on my next cruise as it’s the TA coming up in 3 weeks.   

I use them frequently and there is no restrictive dress code. They are great to hang out in and as a meeting place for family/friends. The ones closest to the lawn club grill do not get much breeze, even on sea days, and they can get quite hot on a sunny day. 

7 hours ago, Sharon1313 said:

Dress code is for the dining room. They really need to fix that. We were in our swimsuits all day. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Purplsmurf said:

We have rented one a couple of times and I had never even noticed a dress code. We wore shorts and/or bathing suits with a cover up. I even laid out on the grass 

Ever a dress?  

9 hours ago, Arizona Wildcat said:

Ever a dress?  

Wear what you want as long as your are not naked, who cares?  Your on vacation.  Be comfortable.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
On 3/31/2024 at 3:20 PM, dlh015 said:

Wear what you like...I did one on the Equinox on a port day...loved it. It was quiet, I could nap and read and nosh...I thought it was much better than pool side. Don't know what they offer on your cruise, but I got a bottle of vodka (Grey Goose) and there was a menu of included food stuff...there was also a dedicated person taking care of the 'alcoves'...

It was a very pleasant day... 

Thanks for this! You’ve convinced me. 🙂 

Edited by Sharon1313
Typo
  • Like 1

On 3/31/2024 at 4:58 PM, bikerunner said:

I did it twice in my last silhouette sailing.  It was wonderful.   Huge fruit and cheese platter, free bottle of champagne and drink service.  Would definitely do it again if it works out.  Don’t need to get it on my next cruise as it’s the TA coming up in 3 weeks.   

Thank you! It sounds wonderful. We’ve signed up for our Nassau port day (both been there already). 

On 3/31/2024 at 6:35 PM, Purplsmurf said:

We have rented one a couple of times and I had never even noticed a dress code. We wore shorts and/or bathing suits with a cover up. I even laid out on the grass 

That’s good to know. It didn’t make sense but knowing it’s in the dining section, I guess it’s just a carryover of info. 

On 3/31/2024 at 6:44 PM, billc23 said:

I use them frequently and there is no restrictive dress code. They are great to hang out in and as a meeting place for family/friends. The ones closest to the lawn club grill do not get much breeze, even on sea days, and they can get quite hot on a sunny day. 

That’s good to know. I’m assuming they just assign one, or can you request a certain place? 

Just now, Sharon1313 said:

That’s good to know. I’m assuming they just assign one, or can you request a certain place? 

You can request the one you want.

We have booked an alcove a couple times once on the Solstice to Mexico and we were just assigned one.On our Sept. cruise to Hawaii  it’s on the last day so I might request one early in the cruise.I love the relaxed atmosphere! And we got it when it was I believe 50% off ! I think we paid $68 for the port day! 

Once we had a cabana booked on the edge, we got a choice of a bottle of vodka or champagne. we chose the bottle of vodka because we did not have the beverage package but I don’t see that information on the website anymore?(or maybe I just didn’t look hard enough 😉 )