Will Princess bring you a small fan if your cabin is hot?

gvre

We will be on the Emerald on Friday 15-day solar eclipse cruise through Panama Canal.

If your cabin is hot, will they bring you a fan?

Thanks

47 minutes ago, gvre said:

We will be on the Emerald on Friday 15-day solar eclipse cruise through Panama Canal.

If you keep the door & curtains closed and put the a/c to max, your cabin won't be hot.

They don't have extra fans. Only the big ones, to dry out your cabin once you flooded the toilet. 😄

• Haha 3

20 hours ago, gvre said:

Thanks

We just got off the Enchanted Princess; my wife asked for a floor fan, and our cabin guy said there's none on the entire ship.  So, bring a small desk fan!  We also asked them to adjust the a/c temp; tech came and said he could increase the fan speed on the A/C but, it really didn't do anything. 

On 3/31/2024 at 3:41 PM, gvre said:

Thanks

I bought a travel fan on Amazon--maybe 5"x5".Works quite well if it is directed right on me.

• Like 1

I always travel with a small fan. On my Regal Princess cruise I also brought an extension cord since I read that there weren't an plug ins beside the bed. Neither one was a problem.

I read in some very old threads that cabins were too warm on the Emerald, but I don't see any recent comments about it. Do people find that it's very warm? I wasn't planning to bring a fan, I'd have to buy yet another cruise related item, but I do like it to be cool when I'm sleeping.

On 3/31/2024 at 4:41 PM, gvre said:

Thanks

Nice. I wonder if they can get in the path early enough to turn northeast and extend the total eclipse time.