Concierge Lounge Usage

laynp

It is for full suite guests only - a pass key will be in the suite    It is located on the 14th floor next to the wedding chapel

Posted (edited)

Mini-suites are misnamed staterooms.  They are considered "extended/expanded" balcony cabins and do resemble Full Suites at all.

Welcome to Princess?  Enjoy your cruise.

Edited by cr8tiv1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, cr8tiv1 said:

Mini-suites are misnamed staterooms.  They are considered "extended/expanded" balcony cabins and do resemble Full Suites at all.

I think you meant "and don't resemble Full Suites at all."🙂

• Haha 2

13 hours ago, MJU said:

It is for full suite guests only - a pass key will be in the suite    It is located on the 14th floor next to the wedding chapel

Correct with the exception that if there are any VIP's aboard that aren't in suites they also have access.

12 hours ago, cr8tiv1 said:

An interesting observation: many years ago we sailed on QE2 and did a cabin crawl.  We saw a Princess Grill cabin that was just a very large square.  12 years ago we were on a four day cruise on Queen Elizabeth, and when we got off, my TA was boarding.  I went looking for her cabin as I wanted to leave her a gift (about 40 pillow chocolates from Celebrity).  Close to her cabin was one larger and as I peeked in, it looked just like a minisuite.  I thought ‘I don’t remember QE having minisuites.  Later on the deck plan I realized it was a Princess Grill cabin.  Looked just like a mini, but costing a lot more.  EM

On 3/31/2024 at 2:42 PM, laynp said:

Is the Concierge Lounge only for "Full Suite" guest or can "Mini-Suites" use it?  Also where is it located on the Regal princess? TIA 

I hope you are in a full suite, the Concierge Lounge is a very nice suite perk, probably the best one they currently have on the Royal class ships.  Especially since the Enclave isn't a suite perk, like the thermal suites used to be,... but it should be.

The Concierge Lounge is on Rivera deck mid-aft on all Royal class ships.  It is attached to a wedding chapel or small meeting room, depending on the country the ship is registered in.  UK flagged ships do not have wedding chapels, but the Bermudian ships do, or rather UK maritime law does not allow a ships captain to perform marriages, so on UK flagged vessels, the location of the wedding chappel is just a cozy meeting room.  The lounge sits central on the ships center line, flanked by the Starboard and Port passageways, with access doors on port and starboard.  On either side are the Riviera deck suites.  I think they are S4 suites.  And there are public restrooms also located at the entry to the lounge on port and starboard.  It is pretty easy to find on a ship's deck map.  I believe that the aft wall of the Concierge Lounge is shared with the laundromat for Rivera deck.

We would pop into the lounge a couple of times a day to see what was up, take a look at the snacks and beverages that were available and partake.  They also host a suite reception in the evenings.  There will be a bartender and server there tending to the food and offering beverages.  It is a nice place to meet other passengers, socialize, maybe play a board game or read.  The concierge holds office hours, and can handle booking shore excursions, specialty dining reservations, spa reservations, etc.  Suite passengers have 24 hour access to the lounge with the card key located in their cabin.

Posted (edited)
18 minutes ago, SDWalt said:

Question-

Do they still use key card access or just the Medallion now?

Thanks!

For the concierge lounge it is a separate key card

Edited by memoak

We just got off the Regal Princess and were in a Penthouse Suite and used the Concierge Lounge daily - fabulous perk! There were keycards for the lounge in our suite but we never used them - our Medallions opened the door by tapping the Medallion to the lounge door LCD screen. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

On 3/31/2024 at 11:42 AM, laynp said:

Is the Concierge Lounge only for "Full Suite" guest or can "Mini-Suites" use it?  Also where is it located on the Regal princess? TIA 

It sounds like OP is in a Mini-Suite (or would not have started this thread).  It would be helpful if OP returns to clarifies stateroom category.

19 hours ago, Grego said:

if there are any VIP's aboard that aren't in suites they also have access.

I'm curious: do you mean "real" VIPs (like celebrities or politicians), or does it include passengers who have done a gazillion Princess cruises but aren't staying a suite?

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, charliedalrymple said:

I'm curious: do you mean "real" VIPs (like celebrities or politicians), or does it include passengers who have done a gazillion Princess cruises but aren't staying a suite?

Could be.  Don't know what the criteria is if any.

Edited by Grego

1 hour ago, charliedalrymple said:

We are on enchanted in a couple of weeks and wondering how crowded the lounge gets?  Its a sold out cruise and from the pics, it doesnt look that big.  thx

I started the post because we are booked in a penthouse suite and I was wondering if it was for "Full Suite" guest only, not mini-suite or upper tier guest (elites etc..). Thanks everyone for the replies!

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, laynp said:

I started the post because we are booked in a penthouse suite and I was wondering if it was for "Full Suite" guest only, not mini-suite or upper tier guest (elites etc..). Thanks everyone for the replies!

Full suites only

• Like 1

When we sail on Royal class ships we only use the lounge for morning tea or maybe a snack or arrange a specialty dinner reservation. We don’t go to evenings as we are late eaters who prefer to hangout in bars with our plus package before dinner. We have never seen it very crowded 

5 hours ago, 20165 said:

We are on enchanted in a couple of weeks and wondering how crowded the lounge gets?  Its a sold out cruise and from the pics, it doesnt look that big.  thx

We were on the Enchanted a few weeks ago.  The Concierge Lounge was never very crowded.  Evenings around 6PM were the most busy. 

• Like 1

When we were on B2B in Australia/Tasmania/Fiji, etc., we had a great group who met up nightly before dinner; the Concierge Host, Darko, made it a great time as well, with themed evenings and drinks. We had about 20 of us who came in at about 5-6 each evening. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, jwattle said:

When we were on B2B in Australia/Tasmania/Fiji, etc., we had a great group who met up nightly before dinner; the Concierge Host, Darko, made it a great time as well, with themed evenings and drinks. We had about 20 of us who came in at about 5-6 each evening. 

We had Darko as the Suite Concierge on our Sky Princess cruise in January 2023 - he was a blast and was very helpful and attentive.  We just got off the Regal Princess and the Suite Concierge was Rafael and he also was excellent and went over and above what we expected when we had some dining issues. The first formal night on the Regal, Rafael had many of the officers join the 'happy hour' at 5:15 pm - even the Captain (Fabrizio Maresca) joined the festivities and sat and talked with us for at least 15 minutes. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, bagney said:

We had Darko as the Suite Concierge on our Sky Princess cruise in January 2023 - he was a blast and was very helpful and attentive.  We just got off the Regal Princess and the Suite Concierge was Rafael and he also was excellent and went over and above what we expected when we had some dining issues. The first formal night on the Regal, Rafael had many of the officers join the 'happy hour' at 5:15 pm - even the Captain (Fabrizio Maresca) joined the festivities and sat and talked with us for at least 15 minutes. 

At 5:15 I wouldn’t even started my shower yet

• Haha 1