Can my travelling friends board priority with me

8 minutes ago, terrydtx said:

Not the way it works,4 and 5 star along with Neptune and Pinnacle Suites and CO guests are all checked in together and sat in the same priority waiting area to board.

I know how it works and I feel that for $15 a day for CO it is not equivalent to sailing as a 4-5 Star  and sailing in PS and NS. When cruising on MSC in Yacht Club I'm usually paying about $3K more than Aurea. For THAT, I expect extra privileges - and get it.

21 minutes ago, Heartgrove said:

You should not be allowed into the Four and Five Star Priority line if you are Club Orange. Let there be a separate line below them as we have paid more than $15 a day for the privilege.

The four and five star priority means you have accumulated enough points to be a four or five star. Should those that earned their four or five star sailing in insides not be granted priority because they "paid" a third less than those that earned theirs sailing in balconies?

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, RedIguana said:

The four and five star priority means you have accumulated enough points to be a four or five star. Should those that earned their four or five star sailing in insides not be granted priority because they "paid" a third less than those that earned theirs sailing in balconies?

Still more than $15/$25 per day for CO.

Edited by Heartgrove

23 minutes ago, Heartgrove said:

I know how it works and I feel that for $15 a day for CO it is not equivalent to sailing as a 4-5 Star  and sailing in PS and NS. When cruising on MSC in Yacht Club I'm usually paying about $3K more than Aurea. For THAT, I expect extra privileges - and get it.

15 minutes ago, RedIguana said:

I quoted both the posts to keep them in context. I think @RedIguana is pointing out the slippery slope that @Heartgrove is suggesting. Should the 5 stars have a special line over the 4 stars? I dare say that there will be several 3 stars on any given cruise who over their cruising life have spent way more than the inside cabin 4 and 5 star. So "star status" has a widely varying price point. Club orange is a set cost, pay the price get priority, it's a simple concept.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Blackduck59 said:

I quoted both the posts to keep them in context. I think @RedIguana is pointing out the slippery slope that @Heartgrove is suggesting. Should the 5 stars have a special line over the 4 stars? I dare say that there will be several 3 stars on any given cruise who over their cruising life have spent way more than the inside cabin 4 and 5 star. So "star status" has a widely varying price point. Club orange is a set cost, pay the price get priority, it's a simple concept.

Except when you don't like on our 35 day cruise out of San Diego last year....was part of the "herd".

• Like 1

Although we are entitled to the priority boarding line and have been for years we often simply go to the”regular” line because it is shorter. When  we get to the agent, they often point out that we could have been priority. Since we will all end up in the same place, I do not feel the need to rush.  As others have stated on longer cruises there are frequently many four and five star. 

2 hours ago, Heartgrove said:

Not sure where you get $15 pp per day? Our upcoming 11 day Volendam cruise in August CO was $25pp per day. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, terrydtx said:

Not sure where you get $15 pp per day? Our upcoming 11 day Volendam cruise in August CO was $25pp per day. 

CO is less expensive per day on longer cruises.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Heartgrove said:

You should not be allowed into the Four and Five Star Priority line if you are Club Orange. Let there be a separate line below them as we have paid more than $15 a day for the privilege.

On our Kongingsdam cruise last November from San Diego there was only one check in line for NS, PS, 4 & 5 star and CO passengers. After we checked in, we all were directed to a special priority waiting area for boarding. As I recall handicap passengers in wheelchairs and scooters boarded first, then PS and NS, then 5 star, then 4 star and CO was last. Each group was called separately, and their express boarding passes were checked before they left the waiting area for their grouping. Priority boarding did not begin until a few minutes after 12 noon for that cruise. Our assigned check in time with CO was 11:00 which is about the time we got to the terminal.

After all in the priority groups had boarded then they began the general boarding by assigned letter codes, with A being first. The letter codes were assigned by the check in times assigned the week before the cruise by HAL. As to be expected many non-priority passengers disregarded those assigned times and showed up well before noon and then grumbled when they were assigned letter codes that would not let them board until their times was called.

Posted (edited)

It just depends on the port and who is manning the lines and counter. My DW who is a 4-star and DSIL who is a 2-star traveling as two solos today just boarded the Rotterdam - together.  They arrived at 11:00 am and were both onboard at 11:10 am. No one told my DSIL that she had to wait. Embarkation took ten minutes. Nuff said!

Edited by Heartgrove
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, terrydtx said:

13 nights and under CO is $25 pp/pd. 14 nights and longer it is $15 pp/pd.

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Toad said:

Although we are entitled to the priority boarding line and have been for years we often simply go to the”regular” line because it is shorter. When  we get to the agent, they often point out that we could have been priority. Since we will all end up in the same place, I do not feel the need to rush.  As others have stated on longer cruises there are frequently many four and five star. 

Having earned priority boarding, I will use it if it's shorter; if not, I'll go "regular." I use whichever is shorter. 

Maybe we'll see a time when 4*, 5*, suites & CO are not allowed in the regular line? 👀 

• Haha 2

On my last cruise, my parents & brother had priority boarding; I did not (all separate cabins/bookings). Our assigned check-times were all the same. I was invited by the check-in staff to follow my parents through the priority line, even though my brother was there to assist them and had priority check-in status. I opted to go through the regular people check in and was finished at exactly the same time and boarded at exactly the same time as the others in the group with priority.
I did ask, the check-in staff offered.

So you never know what will happen when you get to the boarding lines. My best suggestion would be to stay as a group as long as possible, and then if you are separated in the process meet up again on the other side or on board. It's not a big deal either way.

• Like 2