Can my travelling friends board priority with me

Probably not.  But we have seen it not very strictly enforced.  They will definitely not be able to use the priority check-in line with you, and depending on the port, this may mean you are sitting at a different location in the terminal waiting to board.

• Like 2

This reminds me of questions asked on an airline loyalty thread about non status friends using a status members perks. Then, as weeks go by, the original person is complaining about all of the non status folks in front of them or the long line to access the lounge.  If everyone with a status/priority brings a friend (or two), eventually it waters down the perks you have earned/paid for.

• Like 14
  • Thanks 2

We were boarding the Koningsdam last November in San Diego with CO so we had priority boarding privileges. There were 2 couples in front of us checking in traveling together, one couple had priority boarding and one didn't. The one couple without priority was directed to the waiting area for general boarding and the other joined us in the priority boarding sitting area.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, colin v said:

This reminds me of questions asked on an airline loyalty thread about non status friends using a status members perks. Then, as weeks go by, the original person is complaining about all of the non status folks in front of them or the long line to access the lounge.  If everyone with a status/priority brings a friend (or two), eventually it waters down the perks you have earned/paid for.

As W. S. Gilbert was known to say, "If everybody's somebody then nobody's anybody."

• Like 5

1 hour ago, terrydtx said:

We were boarding the Koningsdam last November in San Diego with CO so we had priority boarding privileges. There were 2 couples in front of us checking in traveling together, one couple had priority boarding and one didn't. The one couple without priority was directed to the waiting area for general boarding and the other joined us in the priority boarding sitting area.

As it should be.

• Like 7

14 minutes ago, Petronillus said:

As W. S. Gilbert was known to say, "If everybody's somebody then nobody's anybody."

Actually I like to think of everybody as somebody….. thanks for all your inputs

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

To be very clear, one of the people traveling with me was a 13 year old girl and the other is handicapped. It would have been difficult to manage if they had not been able to board with us. The both were first-time cruisers.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Gsel said:

To be very clear, one of the people traveling with me was a 13 year old girl and the other is handicapped. It would have been difficult to manage if they had not been able to board with us. The both were first-time cruisers.

Of course pier side staff would keep you altogether.  And if you personally didn't have priority, staff would have directed your traveling party of 3 to the ADA line due to the (your word) handicapped individual that you were traveling with.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Gsel said:

The disabled are allowed to bring an attendant to assist them in boarding. 

• Like 1

Let me clarify here… My question was to ask if friends who are travelling with us as a party of 4 could board with us, in the same way as you can bring a non status guest to Specialty restaurants or bring a non status guest in most airport lounges… But the vitriol on this post leaves me speechless… We have Priority status because we earned it after a long loyalty to Holland, which used to be the only way to attain it; we did not buy it. I get it, we will wait with our friends and board with them…. But calm down please…. Geez!!!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, FrankieSue said:

Let me clarify here… My question was to ask if friends who are travelling with us as a party of 4 could board with us, in the same way as you can bring a non status guest to Specialty restaurants or bring a non status guest in most airport lounges… But the vitriol on this post leaves me speechless… We have Priority status because we earned it after a long loyalty to Holland, which used to be the only way to attain it; we did not buy it. I get it, we will wait with our friends and board with them…. But calm down please…. Geez!!!

Welcome to Cruise Critic. I do not think anyone was being vitriolic in their responses but given you the answers you asked about. Unless the 4 of you are in the same cabin priority boarding is generally not offered to non priority guests in different cabins.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2

7 hours ago, Ferry_Watcher said:

Of course pier side staff would keep you altogether.  And if you personally didn't have priority, staff would have directed your traveling party of 3 to the ADA line due to the (your word) handicapped individual that you were traveling with.

And they wouldn't expect a minor to board solo.

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, FrankieSue said:

I hope that you are not intending to insult those that have tried to answer your question.  Not sure what "Specialty" restaurants you refer to, and when flying first class I don't remember being invited to bring "non status" members into the lounge.  If it works...it works.  Good for you.  Your "Priority" status is something that many HAL passengers enjoy.  At some ports they will let your friends board with you, at other ports they will not.  I don't think there is a yes or no answer.  It may depend on the staff when and where you are boarding. This is the same with bringing alcohol on board.  Some ports are fine and others are not.  There is no vitriol in the responses, just honest answers to your question.  Have a great cruise, Cherie 

Edited by cccole
  • Like 3

On 4/6/2024 at 1:18 PM, Gsel said:

That was a great opportunity for you to show support to your friends and help them board based on their status rather than yours

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

21 hours ago, FrankieSue said:

Problem solved

I’m kind of chuckling at the emphasis on the priority boarding.  Last time we were in FLL - the priority line up was so long we used the regular line up.  We were checked in much more quickly than if we had used the priority line.  It’s the only port I have seen that issue, so far.

• Like 3

23 hours ago, FrankieSue said:

Thank you very much…. We may ask at the Port (with a nice smile). Does not cost anything to ask…..

This is the best course of action.  None of us here can possibly predict how someone at the Port will respond to your request.  Keep it discreet in case you happen to be around a self-appointed HAL Compliance Cruiser who is always on the lookout for social injustices when cruising.  🤣

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

You should not be allowed into the Four and Five Star Priority line if you are Club Orange. Let there be a separate line below them as we have paid more than $15 a day for the privilege.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, Heartgrove said:

You should not be allowed into the Four and Five Star Priority line if you are Club Orange. Let there be a separate line below them as we have paid more than $15 a day for the privilege.

Not the way it works,4 and 5 star along with Neptune and Pinnacle Suites and CO guests are all checked in together and sat in the same priority waiting area to board.

Edited by terrydtx
  • Like 2