On-Line Check-in Problems

5 minutes ago, joepeka said:

Agree. And since your check-in window is a week from today (or a week from last night at midnight, port time), I would be interested in knowing if the app still allows you to select arrival time without going through the prior traveler info step. Some have reported recently that you cannot do that any longer. 

I’ll try to remember to follow up here.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, mets123 said:

FYI.... Four more states just joined the United States, NJ, NY,NH, and NM. It only took them 4 days to fix it.

Yea, those "New" states... they aren't so new so maybe the AI generated software didn't think it was relevant any longer. 🙂

Edited by joepeka
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Posted (edited)
On 4/11/2024 at 9:04 PM, joepeka said:

Agree. And since your check-in window is a week from today (or a week from last night at midnight, port time), I would be interested in knowing if the app still allows you to select arrival time without going through the prior traveler info step. Some have reported recently that you cannot do that any longer. 

@joepeka  Business as usual last night. Check-in opened around 12:07am in the app (there always seems to be a short delay past midnight), grabbed the earliest arrival time (10:30 at PC), and went to bed.

Edited by OCSC Mike
  • Like 1

IMO, it's time for RC to do away with the pre-cruise check-in time.🙄 Recently was on a Princess cruise and no pre-cruise check-in time required. Arrived at the terminal (PE) at 11:05 and was on the ship NLT 11:30. Lots of agents checking guests in. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

For most ports/ships, it's that way in reality.

I agree. That's why RC and Celebrity needs to do away with it. It was nice not to have to pick a time. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, OCSC Mike said:

@joepeka  Business as usual last night. Check-in opened around 12:07am in the app (there always seems to be a short delay past midnight), grabbed the earliest arrival time (10:30 at PC), and went to bed.

Thank you for the follow up Mike! Good to hear that you can still select an arrival time only in the app and do the rest later, at leisure.

• Like 1

I don’t understand (or wish I didn’t) … Royal app frequently forces you to change your password at random times? Not on a schedule like every 3,4 or 6 months? Just Randomly?  Is it after app software upgrades? 

That’s just a mind boggling way to do things,

Also seems like incompetence in the programming department with coding and testing.

I was forced to take a software update yesterday and then my account logon and password didn’t work. Sheesh, since I've only had the app and account for less than 60 days thought that very weird.

5 minutes ago, ColdCruise said:

I don’t understand (or wish I didn’t) … Royal app frequently forces you to change your password at random times? Not on a schedule like every 3,4 or 6 months? Just Randomly?  Is it after app software upgrades? 

That’s just a mind boggling way to do things,

Also seems like incompetence in the programming department with coding and testing.

I was forced to take a software update yesterday and then my account logon and password didn’t work. Sheesh, since I've only had the app and account for less than 60 days thought that very weird.

I first downloaded the RC app January 2022. The one and only time I was forced to change my password was just the other day. No issues since. Works also for the website. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, doghog said:

I first downloaded the RC app January 2022. The one and only time I was forced to change my password was just the other day. No issues since. Works also for the website. 

Same deal here.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, doghog said:

2 hours ago, OCSC Mike said:

Same deal here.

@doghog & @OCSC Mike

reassuring to hear that all the previous posters recent logon issues are anomalous !  Thanks for sharing. In have one account makes you reset password if you don't logon within 38 or 30 days, big 🫓 

OTOH makes me wonder (since its your 1st event in over 2 years) whether Royal had a breech or some other issue and are forcing everyone to reset their passwords. Seems odd to all of a sudden have every one reset their password. Im skeptical… my accounts with government and industry have been hacked too often and I didn’t find out till many weeks ir months later In almost every case.

Me? I created a new password thats not been used before on any account (by me).