On-Line Check-in Problems

Posted (edited)

Over the past couple months I’ve had to reset my password several times to get into the app. I knew my password was correct but it wouldn’t allow me access. Each time I changed my password I’d gain access but it might have been for a few hours it days, then change it again. I went a couple weeks without having to change password just to see the app logged me out overnight and again won’t accept my valid passsord…. Here I go again changing it again. 

Edited by RumRunner01

We are on a cruise right now. My phone is still logged in, my wife's phone logged out over night. Won't let her log back in. Pulled out the laptop, and won't let me log into either of our accounts via the website.

Never had any issue before.

So I did the "forgot password" and for my wife's account, for the new password, I just used the old password, and it accepted that. On my account, it told me I can't reuse passwords, so I had to change it. Go figure. At least we can log back in now

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
12 hours ago, KroozNut said:

Wrong answer.. need to address it as it's happening. If you're not getting any any response from Royal, then that's an issue. Especially if you have a pending cruise, it is unsatisfactory.

That being said, After spending 30 mins on the phone with them today, they ended up resetting my password, which worked, and I'm good to good now.

But, your answer of 'ho humm, just wait a day or two' doesn't cut it in our situation.

It took proactive action on my part to fix it. Now, if I didn't have anything booked for a year or two, I might agree with your lackadaisical attitude toward this issue, but not here.

Breath in, breath out. Repeat as necessary. 😂🤣😅🙄

Edited by doghog
  • Haha 2

56 minutes ago, RobInMN said:

We are on a cruise right now. My phone is still logged in, my wife's phone logged out over night. Won't let her log back in. Pulled out the laptop, and won't let me log into either of our accounts via the website.

Never had any issue before.

So I did the "forgot password" and for my wife's account, for the new password, I just used the old password, and it accepted that. On my account, it told me I can't reuse passwords, so I had to change it. Go figure. At least we can log back in now

Yup. I’ve been had this happen multiple times over the last couple months as I try to plan for my upcoming cruise. I’ve changed my password about 7 or 8 times in that time period. It’s frustrating. 

• Like 1

Two thoughts on accomplishing what you need: 

- If you're failing on the app, move to your computer.  Or vice-versa. 

- Once -- only once -- my check-in didn't open on the assigned day.  Not just for me but for everyone.  The next day it opened at midnight.  That, I believe, was just a glitch, but I don't like anything messing with my check-in! 

31 minutes ago, RumRunner01 said:

Yup. I’ve been had this happen multiple times over the last couple months as I try to plan for my upcoming cruise. I’ve changed my password about 7 or 8 times in that time period. It’s frustrating. 

I haven't had issues until today.  App recognizes me with facial recognition but wants password too.  Had to reset the password to get into the app.  Website worked fine.

28 minutes ago, reallyitsmema said:

I haven't had issues until today.  App recognizes me with facial recognition but wants password too.  Had to reset the password to get into the app.  Website worked fine.

I too have had no issues all this week, contrary to what others mention above... until today. The web site forced me to change my password this morning ("User name or password not recognized"). I also had to login to the app using the new password. Sure hope that's it. 🤔

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, joepeka said:

I too have had no issues all this week, contrary to what others mention above... until today. The web site forced me to change my password this morning ("User name or password not recognized"). I also had to login to the app using the new password. Sure hope that's it. 🤔

Same deal for me.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, OCSC Mike said:

Have you changed your PW?

I don't want to do that at this point. I was hoping they would fix the glitch.  I have read some folks have changed their PW and still has issues.

11 minutes ago, cruisegal40 said:

I don't want to do that at this point. I was hoping they would fix the glitch.  I have read some folks have changed their PW and still has issues.

Fair enough. I'm sure they will eventually.

couldn't get in last night or this a.m., but changing the password worked.  I thought it might be b/c of an upgrade acceptance email last night, but it seems others are having problems too.  Upgraded to a bigger balcony, still on deck 6, but too far forward for my liking.  But I'm sure we'll enjoy, just hoping it's not too rocky.  At least we'll get our steps in every day.

Posted (edited)

Changing my PW worked for me. for both the website and app.

I also noticed this morning that there was a new update available for the app, so I loaded that as well. No further issues so far 🤞

Edited by KroozNut

On 4/9/2024 at 10:06 AM, Thisguylikestocruise said:

My password quit working. It was saved on my Apple keychain so I know it’s correct. Had to make a new one, now I can log in. 

My password isn’t working either. Guess I’ll have to come up with a new one….

4 hours ago, cruisegal40 said:

Still not letting me log in. Bad UN or PW. This is not good.

Same for me.  Our last person just completed check-in and I went to log in to the app to download their Set Sail pass to my apple wallet and it prompted me to log in.  Said my password was wrong. Tried it again. No go.  Went to my laptop - again, no go.   Double checked my password with the "show" option to make sure it was right...down to 6 attempts now and I know I have the correct password. 

On 4/9/2024 at 10:06 AM, Thisguylikestocruise said:

My password quit working. It was saved on my Apple keychain so I know it’s correct. Had to make a new one, now I can log in. 

me too,  i was on the website using it,  had just logged in using my apple keychain and it kicked me off,   tried to log back in and I was told my password was wrong.  I instantly knew....  IT... dept.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, doghog said:

Breath in, breath out. Repeat as necessary. 😂🤣😅🙄

I’m hyperventilating because I’ve done that so many times. 🤣

I really don’t want to change my password but I guess I may have to. 😡

6 hours ago, OCSC Mike said:

Fair enough. I'm sure they will eventually.

Yes, but I’m starting to wonder how far down the road eventually might be! 🤪😂 

I guess they don’t mind that I can’t log in to make cruise planner purchases. 😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I did notice one interesting update on the app after I updated it this morning, the "Check-In" icon at the bottom of the initial page is gone. Previously, it was there but when you tapped it, the next screen said (paraphrasing) "check back closer to your cruise date." I hope it comes back when our check-in window opens.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, joepeka said:

I did notice one interesting update on the app after I updated it this morning, the "Check-In" icon at the bottom of the initial page is gone. Previously, it was there but when you tapped it, the next screen said (paraphrasing) "check back closer to your cruise date." I hope it comes back when our check-in window opens.

If it doesn't, click on the person icon towards the top right that takes you to the screen with some of your cruise info and where it says "Check-in opens April 18" (or whatever) will change to a check-in button you can click once check-in opens.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, OCSC Mike said:

If it doesn't, click on the person icon towards the top right that takes you to the screen with some of your cruise info and where it says "Check-in opens April 18" (or whatever) will change to a check-in button you can click once check-in opens.

True, that screen does show our check-in date accurately, I just hope the option to start check-in actually returns on that date.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, joepeka said:

True, that screen does show our check-in date accurately, I just hope the option to start check-in actually returns on that date.

The April 18 in my example is my next one… so you and me both!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, OCSC Mike said:

The April 18 in my example is my next one… so you and me both!

Agree. And since your check-in window is a week from today (or a week from last night at midnight, port time), I would be interested in knowing if the app still allows you to select arrival time without going through the prior traveler info step. Some have reported recently that you cannot do that any longer.