On-Line Check-in Problems

Royal's IT staff has just outdid themselves. I did  a check-in for our upcoming Symphony cruise in May. I used the drop-down menu for state and guess what, New Jersey was missing, along with all states starting with "New". I guess geography is not their strong suite either. So I used Nevada just to complete the process. There's no cross checking between zip and state so I got through.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, wrg said:

The app isn't working for me and I can't check the family in.

Try on-line, not working right but you can at least get checked-in.

20 minutes ago, Thisguylikestocruise said:

Website and app are down this morning 

They seem to be working fine for me (maybe they came back up since you posted).

Posted (edited)

I can't log into the app still.  "Sorry we hit a snag"

I dug out and old android phone and tried on that, same thing.  Still doesnt work.

I was trying to at least get a boarding time for everyone in our party.

Edited by Pinballs83
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, Pratique said:

I am also checking in and New Hampshire is not on the list either (app or website). I left it blank.

I used “ not applicable “ when NJ didn’t come up and it went through 

18 hours ago, mets123 said:

Royal's IT staff has just outdid themselves. I did  a check-in for our upcoming Symphony cruise in May. I used the drop-down menu for state and guess what, New Jersey was missing, along with all states starting with "New". I guess geography is not their strong suit either. So I used Nevada just to complete the process. There's no cross checking between zip and state so I got through.

• Like 1

App has not worked for me all day. When I tried to view our check-in status, it said 'oops, check-in has checked out'. So I logged out and tried to log back in.. can't even do that now. 🫤

51 minutes ago, DennysDad said:

I uninstalled and reinstalled. Now I can't login. Anyone call and complain today?

I did the same thing with no luck. I'll give them a call, and if I get any worthwhile information from them, I'll report back here.

• Thanks 1

I am able to login to the online site with my original password, but have had no luck with the app all day.
I just got off the phone with Royal, and the app issue is a 'known problem', and that their IT folks are diligently working on it (where have I heard that before). 🤷‍♂️

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Now it's telling me that my login ID and/or password is incorrect, ''you have 'x' many tries to login before you will need to reset your password". I double checked ID/password, and I'm positive they are correct.

This is so frustrating.. I wouldn't be stressing so much, but we sail next Friday, and I'd like to be able to use the app to finish the check-in process as Royal urges us to do.

17 minutes ago, KroozNut said:

Now it's telling me that my login ID and/or password is incorrect, ''you have 'x' many tries to login before you will need to reset your password". I double checked ID/password, and I'm positive they are correct.

This is so frustrating.. I wouldn't be stressing so much, but we sail next Friday, and I'd like to be able to use the app to finish the check-in process as Royal urges us to do.

Walk away and try it tomorrow. Plenty of time. Even if the app is still FUBR for you your boarding process might be delayed by only a few minutes. 

6 hours ago, doghog said:

Walk away and try it tomorrow. Plenty of time. Even if the app is still FUBR for you your boarding process might be delayed by only a few minutes. 

Wrong answer.. need to address it as it's happening. If you're not getting any any response from Royal, then that's an issue. Especially if you have a pending cruise, it is unsatisfactory.

That being said, After spending 30 mins on the phone with them today, they ended up resetting my password, which worked, and I'm good to good now.

But, your answer of 'ho humm, just wait a day or two' doesn't cut it in our situation.

It took proactive action on my part to fix it. Now, if I didn't have anything booked for a year or two, I might agree with your lackadaisical attitude toward this issue, but not here.

• Haha 1

Now that I have a new password the cruise planner is still not working. Constant error messages. I’ve never experienced so many and such frequent glitches with any large company like this before. During Black Friday sales it took 2 months to get cruise planner refunds, and a portion of the refund was taken from the paid off cruise balance, causing overdue balance notices for a paid on full cruise, which risked cancellation. 

Posted (edited)

Fortunately I’ve already done everything I want or need to do on the app. Now I’m hoping everything I did on the app stays done because I can’t log in either. With the way things are going I’m not trusting that everything stays as it should. At least we still have a couple of weeks to go before we cruise.

Edit - I just tried the website and can’t log in there either. 🤷‍♀️  

Edited by perfect match

Completely different, but not sure how my account is so badly messed up.  My May cruise now shows as a linked cruise, rather than my cruise.  It shows that I am linked to myself.  All of my cruise planner purchases show as items someone else purchased for me and if I click on any of the items to modify or cancel it says only the person who purchased the items can modify them (this is on the website).  On the app none of my cruise planner purchases show up at all.  If I try to make a new reservation in the app it tells me to link a cruise to make a reservation.  If I input my reservation number and last name it is just a loop that takes my back to the link a cruise to make a reservation screen.  I am hesitant to try to fix it as I can just see some of my cruise planner items getting cancelled in the process or my boarding time disappearing.  I emailed them yesterday with screen shots of everything.  My hope is that once I get on the ship and connect to the Wifi everything will straighten itself out.  It has been like this for a couple of months.  I have deleted the app and downloaded again.  I have removed my Crown and Anchor number and added it back in.  Waiting for a response. 

I had no issues yesterday but woke up to "wrong password" on both the app (iPhone) and website.

Changed my password and all seems to be working fine now.

• Like 1