The Fleet Report and Daily for Sunday April 14th, 2024

kazu

Good evening after a long, but productive day.  For once, I got everything on the to-do list done, plus a few more things taken care of.  Even though I thought about charging the batteries for the trimmer, lawnmower and blow yesterday and in the middle of the night, I still didn't remember to charge them until late morning. 

While the batteries were charging, DH and I worked on organizing some of the things we, took out of the old motorhome, and got some things tossed and others rehomed.  The biggest thing was to get all the tools sorted and back in the toolbox. We had to empty the toolbox before we could lift it out of the old motorhome.  The toolbox is the most organized and neatest its ever been.  I'm not holding my breathe it will stay that way.

While I worked on the yard, DH worked on the motorhome and other things.  In another week or so, we might be settled back in here.  We do want to travel some over the summer, after we finish with doctor and other appointments fot both of us.

Tonight I was grateful to have one last serving of the lasagna I made and froze before we left Quartzsite.  That and garlic bread made a good and easy dinner.  And there were medicinal gladses of red wine, too.

Depending on when I get up tomorrow, I may be late,  DH has a follow up appointment at UTSW after his CTscan last week.  We think and hope they will adjust the shunt valve.  While it's about 1 hour 45 minute drive, knowing Dallas traffic, we allow extra time. So we will try to leave between 7:30 and 7:45 in the morning.  Thanks to the Daily genies, I know we have not been to tomorrow's port

9 hours ago, grapau27 said:

Very interesting photos Lenda.

Thank you, Graham.  I think, you both would enjoy Japan.

7 hours ago, bennybear said:

Good morning and thanks all! 
@Denise T I am so sorry you are going through this.  We had the most wonderful neighbours for over twenty years and then the new ones were ok for awhile and we are now wondering if dementia is involved as the man has become very aggressive but mostly  to me, not DH.  After living here for thirty years we have no wish to move, but I can certainly understand your desire.    It is very wearing to feel like that!  Gentle hugs!  Hoping you can get a good solution.  We spent several k on legal advice, but for us the best advice was to ignore unless we want to spend tens of ks on court.   We’d rather spend that travelling! 

Hiroshima was our first experience of Japan,  we would highly recommend it.  We were reluctant to visit there but wanted to see it.   We were overwhelmed by this wonderful beautiful city that has literally risen from the ashes.   We saw the most beautiful parks, Miyajima island,  as well as the horrors of the peace park. Try the  Okonomiyaki, an amazing meal.  

IMG_1115.jpeg

IMG_1111.jpeg

IMG_1109.jpeg

IMG_1105.jpeg

IMG_1118.jpeg

IMG_1120.jpeg

IMG_1097.jpeg

IMG_1093.jpeg

IMG_1074.jpeg

IMG_1063.jpeg

IMG_1150.jpeg

Brenda, thanks for the Hiroshima pictures. 

3 hours ago, atexsix said:

I really hate to be a downer during Lisa's sail away, so I will just pop in for a minute and thank everybody for all the thoughts and prayers from the last couple of dailies.  The arrangements are moving along.  The grief is still awful, but just a hair better today.  Now I'm going to scroll back and drool over Lisa's food photos, even with no appetite it looks amazing.

~Bruno

Bruno, losing a loved one is never easy.  Please join us whenever you feel like it, or just need some human contact or comfort.  HUGS!

Lenda

• Like 14
  • Thanks 1

Hello everyone.

It is already Monday morning and I am just getting around to posting.

It was a weird kind of day.  DH did not have a good day, which means neither did I.  It got better as the day progressed.  Lots of time wasted that could have been productive.

I like t laugh and I like dolphins.  Don’t have an ex—Thank God.

I like the quote.

I will pass on the meal and the libations.

I have not been to Hiroshima.

Thank you to Jacqui, Roy, Vanessa, Debbie, Ann and Dixie for your dedication to the thread.

Prayers for all on the cares list and Cheers to those celebrating and cruising.

@LAFFNVEGAS  Bon Voyage!  Lunch looks delicious.  I, for one, would be happy to see your reports from NCL’s Haven.  Have a wonderful cruise.

Hope everyone has a restful night.

Good night and God Bless,

Terri

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, atexsix said:

I really hate to be a downer during Lisa's sail away, so I will just pop in for a minute and thank everybody for all the thoughts and prayers from the last couple of dailies.  The arrangements are moving along.  The grief is still awful, but just a hair better today.  Now I'm going to scroll back and drool over Lisa's food photos, even with no appetite it looks amazing.

~Bruno

Best wishes Bruno.

• Like 6

Good morning.

I was out seeing a long time customer this morning so picked up Breakfast at McDonald's drive thru and sat in the car looking out to sea first.

Cheesy bacon flatbread and coffee😋

IMG_20240415_075614.jpg

• Like 13

8 hours ago, Quartzsite Cruiser said:

Depending on when I get up tomorrow, I may be late,  DH has a follow up appointment at UTSW after his CTscan last week.  We think and hope they will adjust the shunt valve.  While it's about 1 hour 45 minute drive, knowing Dallas traffic, we allow extra time. So we will try to leave between 7:30 and 7:45 in the morning.  Thanks to the Daily genies, I know we have not been to tomorrow's port

Best wishes for your DH’s appointment today, Linda.  Smooth and safe travels to you both.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1