The Fleet Report and Daily for Sunday April 14th, 2024

kazu

2 hours ago, LAFFNVEGAS said:

I have decided not to do a Live From, the NCL Board is not like this HAL Board. Everyone is family here. While we may roam to another cruise line we are always at home here.

Lisa feel free to post any pics or things you would like to share if you have time here on the Daily.

We enjoy everyone’s cruises experiences - they are not all on HAL 😉 

3 hours ago, Denise T said:

Last year, my sister was mowing the grass, and he came out of his house yelling at her and threatening her with physical violence. Police were called and nothing was done. We now have a security system, and I will be purchasing additional cameras. We are documenting everything. We may have to move. I work from home, and I am beginning to not feel safe in my home anymore.

Oh Denise, what a shame to have such a neighbour 😔. Not feeling safe in your own home is no way to feel 😬. I hope you can get more support with your documentation or find a much nicer neighbourhood to move to.  It doesn’t seem right that one person can force people out. 😡 

2 hours ago, marshhawk said:

Cincinnati opera summer season, and I am so hoping that they allow me to work this campaign. If I get the job, it starts on the 22nd for one to 2 weeks.  Please send positive vibes to Mark in LA for me.

I am sending lots of vibes to Mark.  I hope you can secure the job 🤞 

3 hours ago, kochleffel said:

Professor's comments on my presentation last week:

Wow!  Congrats on the ever so complimentary words 🙂 

1 hour ago, LambKnuckles said:

I haven't been able to shake this bronchitis!!  I'll head back to the doctors tomorrow.

Sorry to hear about your bronchitis.  I hope that the doctor can help and you can recover quickly

• Like 22
  • Thanks 3

2 hours ago, Quartzsite Cruiser said:

Our first visit to Hiroshima was in 2000 on a cruise from Vancouver, to Osaka on the old Regal Princess.  Unfortunately, all my pictures are pre-digital.  That day, we took the tram from the dock to the Peace Park with the skeleton of the A Bomb Dome, the only building left standing after the bomb was dropped as a reminder of the terrible destructive power of the atomic bomb.  We also visited the Hiroshima Peace Memorial Museum, in addition to wandering through the Peace Park.

Our second visit was on Coral Princess in 2018, where we docked at the new cruise terminal further from town.  We took the free shuttle to the train station, and the train to the Peace Park.  We had planned to basically do what we had done 18 years earlier, but the couple with us had other ideas.  After seeing the A Bomb Dome, we headed to Hiroshima Castle.

Two views of the A Bomb Dome and two plaques about the dropping of the first atomic bomb on August 6, 1945.

DSC04374.thumb.JPG.8a212315bf5465b204a9432d38c82bee.JPG

DSC04379.thumb.JPG.66c251cc4822652eec8e56df6c73ea8e.JPG

DSC04376.thumb.JPG.4aea13bd198bfe2382456e151975c7d3.JPG

DSC04377.thumb.JPG.8ceafb1b9b7f1646c919eaa2e0ecef1c.JPG

A section of the river by the Peace Park and part of the park.

DSC04380.thumb.JPG.be56db0dc6a0bbeeb36a4dca91d702b6.JPG

DSC04384.thumb.JPG.f299580d5d8a99caba07bcfee449e325.JPG

On our walk to Hiroshima Castle to passed this small area and the locomotive.

DSC04385.thumb.JPG.7634df478d0e73242877f9b9857a7bc4.JPG

DSC04387.thumb.JPG.ba30e23ec2e920d09377a112fa8e604a.JPG

A nice area on our walk

DSC04391.thumb.JPG.5505ec4762e5861851f7767dfa8eec1c.JPG

Our first sighting of Hiroshima Castle

DSC04392.thumb.JPG.c1350b56860e29fbabc9f74b9c76822c.JPG

Two of the many gates to the castle

DSC04396.thumb.JPG.9b86f4d701f2c6f51d9129ca7a93f66f.JPG

DSC04399.thumb.JPG.1b610f30e4870b9df10ae28029167fc3.JPG

Hiroshima Castle is quite imposing.  That day, none of us had the desire to climb the many steps in the Castle, so we wandered through the grounds.  

DSC04393.thumb.JPG.d5bb97a8a7a9fda74a4b8a8e1ba85c9d.JPG

DSC04402.thumb.JPG.facde969fccb88b1c21b52329db99e4b.JPG

The view of Hiroshima from the grounds.

DSC04403.thumb.JPG.52633459944c22900d9994940766526a.JPG

On of the main roads in Hiroshima, and a small street with more local shops.  In a convenience store, DH found some sake to take back to the ship.

DSC04404.thumb.JPG.1f1e2c342a613ba9cbecbdbb33d3d109.JPG

DSC04405.thumb.JPG.56b1a5b1d45271830cdf389ac28d98af.JPG

The train back to the shuttle pick up spot.

DSC04406.thumb.JPG.4652177c4ff6985afec959702c956581.JPG

Some of the vendors in the port terminal.  They had a little bit of everything, and the fruit and vegetables looked wonderful.

DSC04409.thumb.JPG.fb4642d3766d433e098a4d6de8c3b606.JPG

DSC04410.thumb.JPG.64da84f857b4542728d52472c28f3de5.JPG

Lenda

Very interesting photos Lenda.

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, LambKnuckles said:

Greetings to The Dailiyites!!

Thank you for all the information and photos and funnies!!!  Such a JOY to come and read through this thread!!!

My child was in Japan last year and the photos are too familiar to me.  River had a wonderful time there!!  They went solo -- no tour guides or plans.  Their first night in Tokyo was a 1:30am run to the 7-11 for sushi, walking, by themselves for three blocks there and three blocks back, middle of the night, strange town...  BUT felt totally safe!!

I was a nervous and anxious Mom -- but they just had fun and toured and enjoyed!!!  

Yes, please, I'll take some soup!!  

I haven't been able to shake this bronchitis!!  I'll head back to the doctors tomorrow.

I think one of these recipes would be better than my can of Campbells!!!  

Happy Sunday to each of us!!!

Good luck at the doctor's tomorrow Lambie.

Maybe you need an extra course of antibiotics or a stronger antibiotic.

• Like 15
  • Thanks 1

57 minutes ago, StLouisCruisers said:

Carolyn thank you!  So glad you like it.  Did you see he romantic Valentine's Day tree?  It's a lot different than usual.  You were cruising so I'm not sure what you saw.

I'm sure I didn't see it, Sandi -- I missed a lot while we were gone.  If you'd like to re-post it (or let me know what day you posted it, I'd love to see it).

BTW, I brought my big counted cross stitch project on the cruise and only got a tiny bit done on it LOL!  One reason was the lighting wasn't as good as I have at home (thinking of getting one of those little light/magnifier thingies to put on my head and bring on cruises!) and another reason was there was always something going on so there wasn't a lot of time to work on it. 

• Like 17

@kochleffel Paul, I’m sure you learned a lot for your presentation, and the glowing feedback shows you shared it well!  👏

@Denise T Seems you are in an upsetting setting which can be more than unsettling, it can be unhealthy and even dangerous. This might be a catalyst for a positive shift. I’ve observed we are happiest when our needs are being met, so for a positive change, I encourage you to spend time identifying your needs, including being safe and peaceful. Then you can explore new potential locations with criteria that will bring you happiness!  When we were prepping to move from NM I made 2 lists:  things to look forward to in our next environment, and things I would not miss!  

I managed 2 more hours of late morning sleep!  Facing what’s left of the day more renewed. m—

• Like 21
  • Thanks 1

Good afternoon from a very nice day in SE Wisconsin.  A cold front is supposed to come through later...better get my walk done soon.

The soup looks good, not a wine drinker and haven't been to Japan.  

Sorry to hear about the crew on the Rotterdam...prayers for the rest of the crew and their families. 

@cruising sisterSorry to hear that Murphy was in the hospital

@Denise Tsorry to hear about your difficult neighbor, too bad the police can't help you.  Our neighbors house is for sale, hopefully we get neighbors that are as nice as them!

@LAFFNVEGASBon Voyage, enjoy your cruise!

Thanks to all who share and care here, blessings on the rest of your day!  Karen

• Like 22
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, kazu said:

Lisa feel free to post any pics or things you would like to share if you have time here on the Daily.

We enjoy everyone’s cruises experiences - they are not all on HAL 😉 

Thanks Jacqui, 

we are already enjoying lunch on board in The Haven Restaurant 

IMG_5873.jpeg

IMG_5874.jpeg

IMG_5875.jpeg

IMG_5872.jpeg

• Like 29
  • Thanks 3

Chilly start to this morning.... around 28F. I cheated today.... got up and pulled on jeans and jacket, took dogs for a walk... went back to bed and slept another 3 hours. It has improved my outlook on life.  I need to head for the grocery store this afternoon or I will be eating the dog's food. Am nearly unpacked from the Grand Australia.... but now I have some laundry to do and lots of sorting to do. At least there is no rush. Funny a relaxing cruise has left me exhausted. For the most part, I got plenty of sleep.

@cruising sisterI am sure you got a joyous welcome home. I hope the "squares" were properly received. Hope Murphy continues to improve.

Off to try to salvage some of the day, but then it really does not matter. One advantage of living alone is to be able to do things at your own pace. At this pace a snail could outpace me.

Susan

• Like 30

23 minutes ago, LAFFNVEGAS said:

Thanks Jacqui, 

IMG_5873.jpeg

IMG_5874.jpeg

IMG_5875.jpeg

IMG_5872.jpeg

Looks delish and you look great.  I’d be more than happy to hear more about the Haven and bet others would be too.  Very much enjoying Bruce’s info on Azamara

• Like 22

Good Afternoon, thanks for today’s daily fleet report.  During the week work continues to be very busy.  Some days I start to read the daily and then things go sideways.  This weekend was full of errands and I broke down and bought a new tablet, apps are working much better and so is cruise critic.  This morning we walked to the local breakfast place and had a nice big breakfast.  Then I spent the morning weeding, clearing branches of the wisteria and cleaning up leaves.  I have a pork roast in the oven for dinner and I’m about to open a bottle of wine.  I hope everyone has a good day.

image.png.4fdbccc66b294c942643bd2e2a89c711.png

• Like 28

Posted (edited)

Good morning and thanks all! 
@Denise T I am so sorry you are going through this.  We had the most wonderful neighbours for over twenty years and then the new ones were ok for awhile and we are now wondering if dementia is involved as the man has become very aggressive but mostly  to me, not DH.  After living here for thirty years we have no wish to move, but I can certainly understand your desire.    It is very wearing to feel like that!  Gentle hugs!  Hoping you can get a good solution.  We spent several k on legal advice, but for us the best advice was to ignore unless we want to spend tens of ks on court.   We’d rather spend that travelling! 

Hiroshima was our first experience of Japan,  we would highly recommend it.  We were reluctant to visit there but wanted to see it.   We were overwhelmed by this wonderful beautiful city that has literally risen from the ashes.   We saw the most beautiful parks, Miyajima island,  as well as the horrors of the peace park. Try the  Okonomiyaki, an amazing meal.  

IMG_1115.jpeg

IMG_1111.jpeg

IMG_1109.jpeg

IMG_1105.jpeg

IMG_1118.jpeg

IMG_1120.jpeg

IMG_1097.jpeg

IMG_1093.jpeg

IMG_1074.jpeg

IMG_1063.jpeg

IMG_1150.jpeg

IMG_1154.jpeg

Edited by bennybear
  • Like 24
  • Thanks 7

Posted (edited)

Good afternoon. Thanks for the Fleet Report/Daily.

I hope we all can have a moment of laughter today. Dolphins are fun creatures. No ex-spouse here. Great quote. I like the meal, pass on the drink and yes to the wine. I haven't been to Hiroshima. One tragic and one good day in history.

It continues to be very windy here, but it's 75F! There are probably lots of branches down in the yard. Severe storms are forecast for this evening. BFF came over yesterday and we got a good bit done. However, it wiped me out and I had a lot of pain in the evening. Subsequently, I slept very little, only about an hour. But I fell asleep while watching the news in bed this morning, and got another 2.5 hours, shocked to see it was 10:30 when I woke up! I'll putter around the house today, tidying up. And get the trash and recycling out for tomorrow.

@LAFFNVEGAS Bon Voyage!

@StLouisCruisers Great tree, as usual, by DD.

@cruising sister I'm sure it was wonderful seeing the DGK's again. Congrats on booking the Antarctica cruise; I'd love to go again. Thanks for the update on Murphy; prayers for her continued improvement.

@Denise T Just wow about that neighbor. It's sad that you don't feel safe and are considering moving because of him.

@kochleffel Congrats! That's a wonderful commentary on your work.

@Quartzsite Cruiser Great photos from Hiroshima.

@marshhawk I'm glad the driveway got done. And yay on getting asked to work the small campaign; I hope you get it!

@LambKnuckles I hope you feel better soon. I had a head cold and bronchitis last month, that lingered until I took an antibiotic. 

@aliaschief Your event looks amazing! Thanks for sharing.

@bennybear Beautiful photos.

Prayers for the Care List and I'll Celebrate with those who are Celebrating.

Edited by JazzyV
  • Like 26
  • Thanks 5

1 hour ago, Cruising-along said:

I'm sure I didn't see it, Sandi -- I missed a lot while we were gone.  If you'd like to re-post it (or let me know what day you posted it, I'd love to see it).

BTW, I brought my big counted cross stitch project on the cruise and only got a tiny bit done on it LOL!  One reason was the lighting wasn't as good as I have at home (thinking of getting one of those little light/magnifier thingies to put on my head and bring on cruises!) and another reason was there was always something going on so there wasn't a lot of time to work on it. 

If everyone will bear with me reposting the February tree, it's easier to repost than go find the date.  I really liked the romantic shades of pink and mauve.

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhG

I love the little beaded hearts!

Clearly not your usual red Valentine colors.

Well, I'm sorry you didn't get a lot accomplished on your project but that just means you were having a very good time doing other things.  I'm taking mine with me on the upcoming transatlantic, and I usually join the knitting ladies to create our projects together.  I hope to get something done while away!  I understand about the light/magnifier.  Even at home during the day with north windows behind me I turn on the lamp right next to me.  I hate to use that electricity but it's necessary to see well enough.

• Like 17
  • Thanks 4

31 minutes ago, kazu said:

Looks delish and you look great.  I’d be more than happy to hear more about the Haven and bet others would be too.  Very much enjoying Bruce’s info on Azamara

🌺Aloha Jacqui and Lisa!

I also agree with you Jacqui! 
🌺Denise

• Like 18

1 hour ago, LAFFNVEGAS said:

Thanks Jacqui, 

IMG_5873.jpeg

IMG_5874.jpeg

IMG_5875.jpeg

IMG_5872.jpeg

Nice photos.

It is nice to put a face to a name.

Best wishes for a fantastic cruise.

• Like 15

29 minutes ago, bennybear said:

Good morning and thanks all! 
@Denise T I am so sorry you are going through this.  We had the most wonderful neighbours for over twenty years and then the new ones were ok for awhile and we are now wondering if dementia is involved as the man has become very aggressive but mostly  to me, not DH.  After living here for thirty years we have no wish to move, but I can certainly understand your desire.    It is very wearing to feel like that!  Gentle hugs!  Hoping you can get a good solution.  We spent several k on legal advice, but for us the best advice was to ignore unless we want to spend tens of ks on court.   We’d rather spend that travelling! 

Hiroshima was our first experience of Japan,  we would highly recommend it.  We were reluctant to visit there but wanted to see it.   We were overwhelmed by this wonderful beautiful city that has literally risen from the ashes.   We saw the most beautiful parks, Miyajima island,  as well as the horrors of the peace park. Try the  Okonomiyaki, an amazing meal.  

IMG_1115.jpeg

IMG_1111.jpeg

IMG_1109.jpeg

IMG_1105.jpeg

IMG_1118.jpeg

IMG_1120.jpeg

IMG_1097.jpeg

IMG_1093.jpeg

IMG_1074.jpeg

IMG_1063.jpeg

IMG_1150.jpeg

IMG_1154.jpeg

Lovely photos @bennybear.

@Denise TWe had 8 years of harassment from our in laws next door and even after we spent money on CCTV with video evidence the police were still not interested and like many people suggested we move house.

We have lived here 42 years and just ignored him.

He had left us alone since November which was a relief because all we wanted was peace.

Sadly he died of cancer just over 5 weeks ago aged 69.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 11

30 minutes ago, StLouisCruisers said:

If everyone will bear with me reposting the February tree, it's easier to repost than go find the date.  I really liked the romantic shades of pink and mauve.

I love the little beaded hearts!

Clearly not your usual red Valentine colors.

Well, I'm sorry you didn't get a lot accomplished on your project but that just means you were having a very good time doing other things.  I'm taking mine with me on the upcoming transatlantic, and I usually join the knitting ladies to create our projects together.  I hope to get something done while away!  I understand about the light/magnifier.  Even at home during the day with north windows behind me I turn on the lamp right next to me.  I hate to use that electricity but it's necessary to see well enough.

Thank you for re-posting for me, it's gorgeous and I like the difference from the usual red colors! 🙂  

Well we're home from Costco, and tonight we'll be having Australian Lamb Chops!  Yes, I had lamb as often as it was offered during the cruise, so it really sounds good.  Also they had their hanging baskets out so I got a Fuchsia  and some summer bulbs (as if I needed them) LOL.  

• Like 21

Thank you Rich, Jacqui, Vanessa, Debbie, Ann, Dixie, and Graham/Father David.  I'll celebrate laughter and dolphins but not ex'es.  I the only member of my family with an ex is a cousin in Canada.  I think the quote is becoming more and more true as electronic forms of books become more available but worry about efforts to restrict the books being allowed in school libraries.

I visited Hiroshima just once, way back in 2004 on the former Crystal Harmony.

I'll celebrate the day in 1828 bit not the one 37 years later.  The theater where that happened is still very much alive.

I'll pass on the meal.  My alternative is  Strawberry Banana Blueberry, Thai Chicken and Forbidden Rice Soup, Filet Mignon, and Linzer Torte as served on MS Zaandam April 14, 2017.

dishes14.jpg

I am being very careful about soups in general as the sodium is not good for me.

My church is in the middle of a transition of pastors.  Today was the first day for our interim pastor who will be with us at least through the end of the year as we search for a new one.

Roy

• Like 26
  • Thanks 3

Good sunny afternoon. Lisa’s ship just passed under the bridge. What a beautiful day for a sail away. There’s nothing to compare to a New York sailing. 
I hope everyone has had a good day.

• Like 16
  • Thanks 1

I really hate to be a downer during Lisa's sail away, so I will just pop in for a minute and thank everybody for all the thoughts and prayers from the last couple of dailies.  The arrangements are moving along.  The grief is still awful, but just a hair better today.  Now I'm going to scroll back and drool over Lisa's food photos, even with no appetite it looks amazing.

~Bruno

• Like 11
  • Thanks 16

52 minutes ago, atexsix said:

I really hate to be a downer during Lisa's sail away, so I will just pop in for a minute and thank everybody for all the thoughts and prayers from the last couple of dailies.  The arrangements are moving along.  The grief is still awful, but just a hair better today.  Now I'm going to scroll back and drool over Lisa's food photos, even with no appetite it looks amazing.

~Bruno

Hugs to you, Bruno.

• Like 14

2 hours ago, atexsix said:

~Bruno

Thanks for letting us know. Be gentle with yourself. Hugs from your Dailyites! 

• Like 11