JamieLogical's Live from the Enchanted Princess 5/4

On 4/24/2024 at 3:34 PM, Crown Cruiser said:

The reserve class cabins that you are speaking of (L107, 108) and (M107, 108) also have a Iiving room and bedroom.  Best cabin IMHO after a full aft suite.

If I might ask, does the balcony wrap around so you have a full view out the front of the ship as well as the port/starboard side, depending on the M6 cabin you book?

@Ken the cruiser  Yes, the balcony wraps around slightly.  The Bedroom is directly in front with a picture window.  The living room has the sliding glass doors.  We stayed each time on Lido deck.  Marina deck’s balcony is even bigger, again with a slight wrap around.  Keep in mind that the rails are steel, not glass, in case you want an unobstructed view.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Ken the cruiser said:

If I might ask, does the balcony wrap around so you have a full view out the front of the ship as well as the port/starboard side, depending on the M6 cabin you book?

You can see out the front through a window in the bedroom area.  We've been in M108 on a couple of ships and on the Regal that window was scratched.  That balcony is the largest on the ship, even bigger than the largest aft Penthouse suite balcony.  You're directly over the bridge and the balcony extends out over it giving an amazing perspective.  The cabin itself is kind of a shrunken two room suite.  The bathroom is exactly like the ones in the mini suites with a tub / shower combo.  Not sure if it will post but here is a video I did of M108 on the Majestic Princess right after the restart of cruising in August 2021.

15 minutes ago, Crown Cruiser said:

@Ken the cruiser  Yes, the balcony wraps around slightly.  The Bedroom is directly in front with a picture window.  The living room has the sliding glass doors.  We stayed each time on Lido deck.  Marina deck’s balcony is even bigger, again with a slight wrap around.  Keep in mind that the rails are steel, not glass, in case you want an unobstructed view.

5 minutes ago, azbirdmom said:

You can see out the front through a window in the bedroom area.  We've been in M108 on a couple of ships and on the Regal that window was scratched.  That balcony is the largest on the ship, even bigger than the largest aft Penthouse suite balcony.  You're directly over the bridge and the balcony extends out over it giving an amazing perspective.  The cabin itself is kind of a shrunken two room suite.  The bathroom is exactly like the ones in the mini suites with a tub / shower combo.  Not sure if it will post but here is a video I did of M108 on the Majestic Princess right after the restart of cruising in August 2021.

Thanks! We read sometimes you won’t be allowed to go on your balcony. Do you have any idea what issues would cause your balcony to become off limits? I imagine 35 mph winds might be one or terrestrial rain storms?

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, Ken the cruiser said:

Thanks! We read sometimes you won’t be allowed to go on your balcony. Do you have any idea what issues would cause your balcony to become off limits? I imagine 35 mph winds might be one or terrestrial rain storms?

Only if it is too windy.  They don't restrict it, you wouldn't want to be out there!  Also there will be a sign about keeping the drapes closed at night as light may interfere with navigation.  You can go out the side door in the dark, just make sure the light is out in the living room.  It really is amazing up there.

ETA:  Attached a movie showing when you wouldn't want to be out there!

Edited by azbirdmom

3 minutes ago, Ken the cruiser said:

I wasn't in one of the Reserve Class wrap-around balcony mini-suite, but I was in one of the fully front-facing mini-suites and we were definitely never instructed that we couldn't use our balcony.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Posted (edited)
15 minutes ago, JamieLogical said:

I wasn't in one of the Reserve Class wrap-around balcony mini-suite, but I was in one of the fully front-facing mini-suites and we were definitely never instructed that we couldn't use our balcony.

We just booked one of the "regular" front facing mini suites for our July cruise but made a bid on the ones on the side.  Your description of the room features sold me that this was a good move vs. a regular mini suite.

Edited by azbirdmom
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, azbirdmom said:

Only if it is too windy.  They don't restrict it, you wouldn't want to be out there!  Also there will be a sign about keeping the drapes closed at night as light may interfere with navigation.  You can go out the side door in the dark, just make sure the light is out in the living room.  It really is amazing up there.

Cool! That sounds all good to us. 😁

• Like 1

That balcony cabin shower looks small.  I don't think you noticed since you were taking the picture, but the shower curtain was definitely winking at you.  I think it also wrote your phone number on the wall for all the other shower curtains on your August cruise.  Thanks for letting us cruise vicariously with you again.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Thank you for your review and I’m so pleased that on balance you had a good time and looking forward to your August cruise. A relief for me too as I’ll be on that Crusie too. It’s only our second on Princess!

i will say I’m a bit disappointed that there were not staff in the buffet asking if you want drinks. It was one of the things on Sky Princess in Norway I loved. We sat down, someone within 10 min came and asked for our drinks order. Less stress trying to find a bar and get it he drink to your table.

The other thing was the early shut time of the buffet. It shut at 10.30pm on the sky. I know it doesn’t sound like much but we always waited for our daughter to finish kids club and she’d find us in the buffet & have a late night snack before bed. Maybe it’s silly but I was looking forward to that little routine we had going. The buffet was quieter than the IC and piazza.

We’ll work round it of course. So I’m very greatful for the detail you put into your reviews. I’m like you in that if a plan changes, like you had with the trip you missed, I don’t do well. Now I know already, I’m not surprised and know what to expect. Seriously, thank you so much 

28 minutes ago, JG&Lcruisingnewbies said:

Thank you for your review and I’m so pleased that on balance you had a good time and looking forward to your August cruise. A relief for me too as I’ll be on that Crusie too. It’s only our second on Princess!

i will say I’m a bit disappointed that there were not staff in the buffet asking if you want drinks. It was one of the things on Sky Princess in Norway I loved. We sat down, someone within 10 min came and asked for our drinks order. Less stress trying to find a bar and get it he drink to your table.

The other thing was the early shut time of the buffet. It shut at 10.30pm on the sky. I know it doesn’t sound like much but we always waited for our daughter to finish kids club and she’d find us in the buffet & have a late night snack before bed. Maybe it’s silly but I was looking forward to that little routine we had going. The buffet was quieter than the IC and piazza.

We’ll work round it of course. So I’m very greatful for the detail you put into your reviews. I’m like you in that if a plan changes, like you had with the trip you missed, I don’t do well. Now I know already, I’m not surprised and know what to expect. Seriously, thank you so much 

You can likely be waited on after 10 minutes.  You need to sit nearer the main buffet area. If you sit farther away from where the food is, the longer it takes for someone to walk around.

As to your other comment, while not the same, find the snacks you like before the buffet closes and take them back to your room, then have your snack whenever you want after the buffet closes.  We will sometimes grab items we like and save them for later.

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, gizfish said:

That balcony cabin shower looks small.  I don't think you noticed since you were taking the picture, but the shower curtain was definitely winking at you.  I think it also wrote your phone number on the wall for all the other shower curtains on your August cruise.  Thanks for letting us cruise vicariously with you again.

Ha! It was definitely small! The whole bathroom was small. I am pretty sure my husband's knees will touch the door when he sits on the toilet. I will definitely have my fingers and toes crossed for a winning upgrade to a mini-suite!

Edited by JamieLogical

Thank you for taking the time to review your Enchanted sailing. We are booked for the 14 day NY to FLL reposition. On one of the posts you said something about there is a $10 charge for a second main in the MDR? Could you clarify that for me?

George in NY

Tried many times to write a review on this ship, over a 180 letters.

couldn’t post, kept saying review must be 150 or more.

maybe the title was offensive. “ avoid at any cost”

1 hour ago, Georgeny said:

Thank you for taking the time to review your Enchanted sailing. We are booked for the 14 day NY to FLL reposition. On one of the posts you said something about there is a $10 charge for a second main in the MDR? Could you clarify that for me?

George in NY

33 days on the Majestic Princess.  Only saw a $10 extra charge once.  That was for a second lobster.  I ordered lobster and beef wellington.  Two mains.  No extra charge.  Had I ordered 2 lobsters, there would have been an extra charge.  FYI, the beef was much better than the lobster.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Georgeny said:

George in NY

That was in Rudi's, not the MDR.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, HotRoot said:

33 days on the Majestic Princess.  Only saw a $10 extra charge once.  That was for a second lobster.  I ordered lobster and beef wellington.  Two mains.  No extra charge.  Had I ordered 2 lobsters, there would have been an extra charge.  FYI, the beef was much better than the lobster.

I substituted a second filet for the lobster tail without any problem.  

4 hours ago, JamieLogical said:

That was in Rudi's, not the MDR.

You CAN pay $10 extra (or maybe $19) for an extra lobster or steak. I’m not entirely sure of the price as we’ve never paid much attention to that at the bottom of the MDR menus. 

we ate at Tge Catch by Rudi last week and it was a phenomenal meal for $39 each—-including the welcome glass of champagne before we ordered IMG_8008.thumb.jpeg.5cbecb01b8f69e868b31aef524f27e81.jpegIMG_8011.thumb.jpeg.a285136ce201e7836ecde11cb79f7982.jpegIMG_8012.thumb.jpeg.8139592443f8885e072e97330fe5aa5d.jpeg

• Like 3

Right. The $39 includes one app, one entree, and one dessert. If you want a second entree, it is $10, which is what I ordered when I went to Rudi's. All of this talk about extra charges or not in the MDR has nothing to do with my experience or my blog.

• Like 2

Thanks so much for your review. I have enjoyed following along. We will be on Enchanted in a couple of months for our first Princess cruise. I appreciate all the info!  

Thank you for another great JamieLogical review! I know they're a LOT of work (I started to do one once and only had a picture of our cabin and one of Mr. SeaHunt standing on our balcony before I gave up and threw in the towel 😄) so I hope you know that they are much appreciated!

Also I already kept a list of some of the drinks you listed in your previous reviews, and now have a couple more to add and try. I have no idea why but I usually stick to old favorites and really want to try and break out of that rut - I need to be more fearless LOL 🍸 🧉🍹

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, SeaHunt said:

Thank you for another great JamieLogical review! I know they're a LOT of work (I started to do one once and only had a picture of our cabin and one of Mr. SeaHunt standing on our balcony before I gave up and threw in the towel 😄) so I hope you know that they are much appreciated!

Also I already kept a list of some of the drinks you listed in your previous reviews, and now have a couple more to add and try. I have no idea why but I usually stick to old favorites and really want to try and break out of that rut - I need to be more fearless LOL 🍸 🧉🍹

Well, if you end up in the Enchanted, be aware that many of the bars have their own special drinks menus, so there are a LOT of options.

• Like 2