Saint Greg's Carnival Horizon ABC - Live - April 27, 2024

Just now, eltigre said:

Well I blew that, sorry must be too late here in BC. Anyway wanted to say I went to her shop and bought one of her dolls.

• Like 2

I am behind as you know I am sorta dealing with heavy personal issues but I have been meaning to mention that when I sailed Vista two years ago, we were also in an end forward cabin on a secret deck and our “high wind” sign never came down for 5 minutes the entire week, even when we were docked in Mexico with warm sunny days and no wind whatsoever. It was room 6206.

Therefore we commenced civil disobedience signwise roughly at the midpoint of the cruise and helped ourselves to the bench  whenever we felt like it. We weren’t the only ones as occasionally (rarely) we could hear someone head out there. 

IMG_0695.thumb.jpeg.86f8d5c0f9fa6d52dddc34af9daecb0d.jpeg

IMG_0535.thumb.jpeg.ea27edd9bc714461cc90935a2cfd655f.jpeg

IMG_0701.thumb.png.bbc909c4155770654e20685601039128.png

IMG_0468.thumb.jpeg.bd26db3fc54d2c472b7e2b5b86c4e284.jpeg

• Like 10

See chatter that we hit some rough waves this morning. I’ll say this. I haven’t had a lot of ship movement this cruise. But up front herein my room I have a had a few times where there’s a loud boom that shakes the entire room. This morning was one of those times about 2am.

• Like 6

2 minutes ago, Saint Greg said:

See chatter that we hit some rough waves this morning. I’ll say this. I haven’t had a lot of ship movement this cruise. But up front herein my room I have a had a few times where there’s a loud boom that shakes the entire room. This morning was one of those times about 2am.

That's the bow cutting through the waves, the one drawback with the those up front cabins.😎

• Like 8

4 minutes ago, Jamman54 said:

That's the bow cutting through the waves, the one drawback with the those up front cabins.😎

Can be substantial.  Not my fav place to be on a ship.  

• Like 5

This is a big day. Knew it had to be coming soon. He was a college guy so he’s about to be 25 already. 3-0 in AAA this year 36Ks and 6BBs in 25IP. But….7 home runs.

IMG_9805.thumb.jpeg.fb6e5d207162f6941cc26d805c1807c4.jpeg

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, jimbo5544 said:

Can be substantial.  Not my fav place to be on a ship.  

We've stayed in the 4J cabins 4 or 5 times. Loved the cabins but stopped booking them after a pretty rough cruise. 😎

• Like 6

1 minute ago, Saint Greg said:

This is a big day. Knew it had to be coming soon. He was a college guy so he’s about to be 25 already. 3-0 in AAA this year 36Ks and 6BBs in 25IP. But….7 home runs.

IMG_9805.thumb.jpeg.fb6e5d207162f6941cc26d805c1807c4.jpeg

Wishing him the best though Tampa is not the best place to be making your Major League debut. 😎

• Like 4

9 hours ago, Saint Greg said:

Hot white Greg

IMG_9781.thumb.jpeg.44748a375506f354141e1539aaa5399a.jpeg

Saturday morning trivia: did you know that The Misfits were named after Marilyn Monroe's final movie before she "died"...

Screenshot_20240430-140705.png

• Like 11

Posted (edited)
26 minutes ago, luvcruzing said:

Oops.

It just seemed that way because I started my day finishing my Curacao posts. I like to keep everything in order here because one day I’m going to use this thread as a guide for my blog and it’s a lot easier if everything is in chronological order.

Edited by Saint Greg
  • Like 10

12 hours ago, Saint Greg said:

This is crazy. I met this couple at alchemy last night. This is my 25th carnival cruise. Their 75th. Found out we’re cruising on together next year. The big cruise only @Jamman54 and @blarko know about. My diamond cruise. My last scheduled carnival cruise. And we’re almost neighbors. They’re 15-20 feet from me. Today they’re next to me at alchemy I find out they’re Mets fans. Their daughter is dating a Mets player. They have all of these pictures from dugouts and stuff. It’s pretty crazy. but a little weird because he’s a pitcher so they’re wishing bad things upon the Mets young up and coming pitching prospects….

That is pretty crazy. Not that I will likely ever hit 25 cruises on one cruise line, is the diamond big cruise a free cruise? Besides the normal fees and such. Do you get to pick any cruise or are there restrictions?

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, LatinaInTexas said:

That is pretty crazy. Not that I will likely ever hit 25 cruises on one cruise line, is the diamond big cruise a free cruise? Besides the normal fees and such. Do you get to pick any cruise or are there restrictions?

No nothing like that. For my 25th cruise I get to apply 25% OBC to any future cruise. The one I’m talking about is the one I’m going to use that OBC on. And it was on my mind during room selection that I’ll get 25% back so it’s not my typical room.

• Like 8

1 hour ago, Jamman54 said:

Yes we heard it a lot on Vista. Agree it was the only issue with the room. It was quite loud and frequent at certain times. Foam earplugs!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jamman54 said:

We've stayed in the 4J cabins 4 or 5 times. Loved the cabins but stopped booking them after a pretty rough cruise. 😎

That will do it.   We had someone cruising with us going thru a tropical storm and he said he ended up on the floor in the middle of the night.  That would make it memorable.  

• Haha 9

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, jimbo5544 said:

That will do it.   We had someone cruising with us going thru a tropical storm and he said he ended up on the floor in the middle of the night.  That would make it memorable.  

So far four cruises in the front room and nothing like that. More if we’re including the interiors right behind them. On this particular cruise I’d say that boom I’ve heard 4 times.

Edited by Saint Greg
  • Like 3