Our Carnival Vista B2B - Havana Style - (with pics!) - 4/14/24

Very excited for this Jamman review! This is great reading material to pump me up and tie me over until my Spirit cruise on Tuesday! 🙂

• Thanks 1

I’m in.  I just booked my first Vista class, September 29 on Vista.  Need to check out the ship.  OV cabin for me.  Looking at Venezia in Jan.  EM

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Knights on the Beach said:

Yay, I made it here before you got on the ship!!! 🤣 I hope I can keep up, this week is killing me. 🤦‍♀️

Hey Beth! It was a pleasure meeting you and Mark aboard the Vista, and sharing a "few" cocktails over the course of two weeks. As I mentioned to you on board, don't hesitate to share your thoughts, experiences, and pictures as the review progresses. We love to see things from a different perspective. 😃

• Like 3

Good Morning Cruise Critic Family! We can't tell you how GREAT it makes us feel when we wake up in the morning and see all the positive responses about our review which we have barely even started. Thank you all so much! It's why we continue to do these reviews.

Today my plan is to write and post most of the day, maybe taking a break to watch the Yankee game or take a nap. In the interest of time, we may not be able to answer each and every post, but know that we truly love and appreciate them! Let us continue.....♥️:classic_smile:

• Like 34

Excited to be following along.  Just might do my first Carnival cruise next year!  We'll see!  It will definitely involve the Canadians coming with me!

• Haha 1

Pre-Cruise  -  (April 12th)  -  Heading to Port Canaveral. 

We were up at 5:30am to a sunny cool 62 degree day. It would warm up to the mid 70’s later. I’m putting my shorts on though! At 6:30 we went over and had the free breakfast…..

IMG_5063-XL.jpg

IMG_5064-XL.jpg

IMG_5065-XL.jpg

IMG_5066-XL.jpg

IMG_5067-XL.jpg

IMG_5068-XL.jpg

IMG_5069-XL.jpg

IMG_5070-XL.jpg

IMG_5071-XL.jpg

IMG_5072-XL.jpg

IMG_5073-XL.jpg

To be continued……

• Like 16

3 hours ago, Jamman54 said:

Hey Beth! It was a pleasure meeting you and Mark aboard the Vista, and sharing a "few" cocktails over the course of two weeks. As I mentioned to you on board, don't hesitate to share your thoughts, experiences, and pictures as the review progresses. We love to see things from a different perspective. 😃

We truly enjoyed spending time with you and Patti! My pictures won't hold a candle to Patti's but I'll pop in from time to time and share some as well. Looking forward to reliving our 2 weeks! 🙂

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

We checked out of the hotel at 7am, and then went next door to gas up the car for the trip to Port Canaveral. Being a New Jersey guy, I love to finally be able to pump my own gas. New Jersey and I think Oregon are the only two states where it is illegal to pump your own gas…..

IMG_5074-XL.jpg

While I’m filling the tank, Patti takes some early morning pictures of the Country Inn & Suites……

IMG_5077-XL.jpg

IMG_5080-XL.jpg

She also catches this big guy strutting around like he owned the place…..

IMG_5076-XL.jpg

At 7:15am we are officially back on the road and heading to I-95…..

IMG_5081-XL.jpg

Just a few minutes later we have crossed the border into Florida…..

IMG_5085-XL.jpg

We decided to take the I-295 Beltway to avoid the morning rush hour traffic through Jacksonville…..

IMG_5087-XL.jpg

IMG_5088-XL.jpg

A short time later we are crossing over the Dames Point Bridge. This is the bridge you sail under if you sail on the Elation from the Jacksonville Cruise Terminal…….

IMG_5095-XL.jpg

IMG_5096-XL.jpg

IMG_5098-XL.jpg

To be continued……

• Like 21

7 minutes ago, Knights on the Beach said:

We truly enjoyed spending time with you and Patti! My pictures won't hold a candle to Patti's but I'll pop in from time to time and share some as well. Looking forward to reliving our 2 weeks! 🙂

Perfect!!! :classic_biggrin:

• Like 1

Been waiting on your review. I love seeing all the pictures that you and Patti take. 

We are sailing on the Vista next and will be in 5214 also. This will be our first time in the Havana area. 

• Like 1